Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New day, new topic: PC vs Console

Go down 
+6
eye of the divine
Nachtrae
Feral
Karavolos
Dragatus
Shabutaro
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

New day, new topic: PC vs Console Empty
PostSubject: New day, new topic: PC vs Console   New day, new topic: PC vs Console EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:33 am

One of the most fanboi-ish questions: What do you prefer, what is superior? PC or Console?

As for my part PC > Console by far.. because everything the console can do, my pc can do better Smile Arguments like "comfort while sitting on couch playing on 47" screen".. if i use my pc for it, i just connect it to a TV screen, hook up my controller and enjoy the same game with a much higher resolution and framerate.

The only arguable argument i can find is console is cheaper than pc. It is true that a good pc is expensive but you get much much more things you can do and you get the unbeatable kb/m aka keyboard/mouse which is FAR superior to a controller in nearly ANY terms but racing/sport games.

The only console i have is a DreamCast as it rocks.. there aren't many games for it, but those who are there are in most cases good.. not like for any other console or pc.. DC you have 150/200 good games.. pc/other console you have 40/1000 good games Wink That being said time to play Grandia 2 again Wink
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: New day, new topic: PC vs Console   New day, new topic: PC vs Console EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:55 am

I've always been a PC gamer, to the point where I've never even played a game on a console. And all my favourite games are either not available on consoles (League of Legends) or much better on PC (yay for mods), so I see no reason to switch over anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: New day, new topic: PC vs Console   New day, new topic: PC vs Console EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:27 am

PC is superior in most terms, however there are some games I can't picture myself playing if it isn't on a console.
Darksiders and Prototype would be such examples.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: New day, new topic: PC vs Console   New day, new topic: PC vs Console EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 12:58 pm

PC only player. I could never have afforded a console... Besides, RPG and RTS are more of PC genres.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: New day, new topic: PC vs Console   New day, new topic: PC vs Console EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:28 pm

PC all the way.

We got an Xbox 360 fairly recently along with a kinect. After two days I managed to hurt myself while enjoying a kinect game with a friend (landed wrong after a jump. Couldn't walk for a week). Tried some Call of Duty too, but I seriously cannot get the hang of that controller. I think it hates me. So I'd rather stick to my precious precious gaming laptop. All the comfort of the couch and the performance to run Skyrim in ultra high quality with mods. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: New day, new topic: PC vs Console   New day, new topic: PC vs Console EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:51 pm

I've always really been a Playstation gal myself. I would love to play more PC games but I must admit my laptop struggles to run bloodlines sometimes so until I can afford a decent PC or lappie I will probably stick with the playstation.
Back to top Go down
http://eyeofthedivine.tumblr.com
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: New day, new topic: PC vs Console   New day, new topic: PC vs Console EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:37 pm

eye of the divine wrote:
I've always really been a Playstation gal myself. I would love to play more PC games but I must admit my laptop struggles to run bloodlines sometimes so until I can afford a decent PC or lappie I will probably stick with the playstation.

Your a girl? ^^ nice to know Wink And bah a decent gaming rig costs 500-600 €.. my old pc was 6 years old, i payed 1100€ for it and just upgraded it 4 weeks ago for 900€.. But for that i get much more than with a stupid console..
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: New day, new topic: PC vs Console   New day, new topic: PC vs Console EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Shabutaro wrote:
eye of the divine wrote:

Your a girl? ^^ nice to know Wink And bah a decent gaming rig costs 500-600 €.. my old pc was 6 years old, i payed 1100€ for it and just upgraded it 4 weeks ago for 900€.. But for that i get much more than with a stupid console..

Laughing I get that a lot, yeah I'm a girl Laughing

My main problem I think is memory and RAM issues but even when I had very little on my lappie it still really hated the cut scenes and there was crap sync with the audio it froze a lot in game play etc. If I had 900 euros to spend on just my laptop I would jump for joy but alas I don't; such is life. So for the most part I stick to my playstation but I don't often buy games for it atmo I have 4 games luckily for me they're all really long games XD.

Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: New day, new topic: PC vs Console   New day, new topic: PC vs Console EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:09 pm

I never had a console. And I usually don't buy games until they are old enough to get them at low budget, about 10€ or so. 15 is the absollute maximum, and then I must be convinced that it is a really good one.

- geek
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: New day, new topic: PC vs Console   New day, new topic: PC vs Console EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:22 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I never had a console. And I usually don't buy games until they are old enough to get them at low budget, about 10€ or so. 15 is the absollute maximum, and then I must be convinced that it is a really good one.

- geek

So do you buy them on disc? Or do you use something like Steam? Quite a few of my friends use Steam because it's cheaper than going out and actually buying the game from a shop.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: New day, new topic: PC vs Console   New day, new topic: PC vs Console EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Disk only. Either I go out, looking for good offers in the shops, or I look on the amazon.de site.
In that matter I'm a bit of a dinosaur. I hardly use the internet at all, and even my mobile phone is mostly a substitute for a wrist watch, because I don't like having anything on my arms, fingers or around the neck.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: New day, new topic: PC vs Console   New day, new topic: PC vs Console EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:52 pm

eye of the divine wrote:
Shabutaro wrote:
eye of the divine wrote:

Laughing I get that a lot, yeah I'm a girl Laughing

My main problem I think is memory and RAM issues but even when I had very little on my lappie it still really hated the cut scenes and there was crap sync with the audio it froze a lot in game play etc. If I had 900 euros to spend on just my laptop I would jump for joy but alas I don't; such is life. So for the most part I stick to my playstation but I don't often buy games for it atmo I have 4 games luckily for me they're all really long games XD.

Well i can't afford to spend 900 for a pc either.. with my normal lifestyle.. just cut some things and after 2 month i had the money Wink
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: New day, new topic: PC vs Console   New day, new topic: PC vs Console EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 6:03 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Disk only. Either I go out, looking for good offers in the shops, or I look on the amazon.de site.
In that matter I'm a bit of a dinosaur. I hardly use the internet at all, and even my mobile phone is mostly a substitute for a wrist watch, because I don't like having anything on my arms, fingers or around the neck.

- geek

Awww you're not a dinosaur Smile Sometimes it's nice to go to a shop and have a good root around though it's how I found Bloodlines because before then I hadn't even heard of it. I'm the same for my phone though I'm not a fan of watches either. But I think that was because I got so used to fob watches and then when I left I just couldn't get back into wearing them.

Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: New day, new topic: PC vs Console   New day, new topic: PC vs Console EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:23 pm

Shabutaro wrote:
Your a girl?

You're*

New day, new topic: PC vs Console Grammar_Nazi_Icon_Text
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: New day, new topic: PC vs Console   New day, new topic: PC vs Console EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 10:06 pm

Laughing I love that picture! oh my, laughed so hard when I saw that! XD

Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: New day, new topic: PC vs Console   New day, new topic: PC vs Console EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 10:25 pm

I've always loved PC over console. I got this laptop on amazon for $360. It's a refurbished HP Probook. I can run drafting/engineering software, check my e-mail and run multiple office apps at the same time. Bloodlines and all it's awesome mods run perfect. I've never had a laptop that worked so hard and doesn't complain with lagging and frozen screens. I just wish 32 bit systems weren't going out. Seems like 64 bit is all people want. I love my 32 bit and I'll hate to retire her someday. :-(

So with that in mind, PCs go above and beyond gaming and that's why they just rock!
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: New day, new topic: PC vs Console   New day, new topic: PC vs Console EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 1:47 pm

eye of the divine wrote:
Laughing I love that picture! oh my, laughed so hard when I saw that! XD

Why can't I see it?
Back to top Go down
UncleCruncle
Ancillae
Ancillae
UncleCruncle

PostSubject: Re: New day, new topic: PC vs Console   New day, new topic: PC vs Console EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:09 pm

Both have pro's and con's but so far I own a 2004 PC, what would you call that? a Tractor! Still a champ.

I remember my first console a Terminator 2 Laughing - NES clone with yellow cartridges, those were very popular in early 1990's for us the eastern Europe, back then totally dark ages can't say it's over now.
In my neighborhood we had a playstation place just like a internet cafe with 10 P1's, the only place like that in the whole city, jeez place was full of kids 24/24, the owner made a fortune. For some time I was like a leech on that place.

Yeah I would like to own a console.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: New day, new topic: PC vs Console   New day, new topic: PC vs Console EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:55 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

- geek

HAHA! I'm the exact same way Childe! I hate having things dangling off of me. (I may even cut off my ears... and something else) HAHA just kidding.

I only buy a game if it's on disk. I feel cheated "downloading it", I feel like I got nothing out of it, like I wasted my money. I figure if I'm going to download it from steam I my as well just download it from a torrent instead, ya know? So yeah, I won't buy a game without a disk, box, manual, etc...
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New day, new topic: PC vs Console   New day, new topic: PC vs Console Empty

Back to top Go down

New day, new topic: PC vs Console
Page 1 of 1