Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
buzzsaw
Ancillae
Ancillae
buzzsaw

Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group) Empty
PostSubject: Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group)   Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:44 pm

I'm playing as a Baali and really enjoying the game. But while in the Hollywood cemetery I noticed, completely out of the blue, that I had Thanatosis - Infection.

buh wuh? Shocked

I reloaded to a point outside the cemetery and redid the quest starting with the courier. It's triggered when I get the tape from Ginger Swan's crypt. I lost all of my xp (9) and gained Thanatosis lvl 1. There's no notification, though.

Also, I tried it out on a few NPCs and it doesn't do anything except violate the Masquerade in safe spaces. Pretty amusing to see someone bubbling and reeking of infection but not noticing anything out of the ordinary, heh.

ETA: I got Necrosis for accepting the Prince's side quest (the restaurant review). I tried to give myself a LOT of XP to see if I'd lose everything or there was a certain amount lost. Unfortunately, my console keeps screwing up and I can't give myself a set amount. So every time I lose XP to this weird bug, I won't be able to get it back. .__. I don't know how I'm supposed to save up for the higher levels of my Disciplines now.

Just putting this out there in case it happens to any other clans.

ETA2: just realized I actually have lvl 3 Thanatosis as well as lvl 2 Quietus. So yeah. Definitely going to try reinstalling at this point.

Last edited by buzzsaw on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more info!)
Back to top Go down
buzzsaw
Ancillae
Ancillae
buzzsaw

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group)   Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group) EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Well, I reinstalled and loaded the old saves. I had to go back quite a way to find a save where I didn't have Thanatosis (Quietus popped up later). I've confirmed that I gained it by completing the Museum quest. What's extra weird is I gained the group without the first level (which is set at 10 xp). And, as I've reported earlier, it automatically spends my xp on the Discipline when it's triggered again.

Really bummed as I was having a lot of fun with my Baali. Maybe I'll give another clan a shot and see if the problem crops up again. Sorry for the multiple posts/edits! ^^;
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group)   Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group) EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:25 pm

buzzsaw wrote:
Well, I reinstalled and loaded the old saves. I had to go back quite a way to find a save where I didn't have Thanatosis (Quietus popped up later). I've confirmed that I gained it by completing the Museum quest. What's extra weird is I gained the group without the first level (which is set at 10 xp). And, as I've reported earlier, it automatically spends my xp on the Discipline when it's triggered again.

Really bummed as I was having a lot of fun with my Baali. Maybe I'll give another clan a shot and see if the problem crops up again. Sorry for the multiple posts/edits! ^^;

I have to say, that's an interesting bug. I haven't had that happen to me yet. I think interesting bugs help to keep you guessing. HA HA
Back to top Go down
buzzsaw
Ancillae
Ancillae
buzzsaw

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group)   Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group) EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 4:16 am

aneumann01 wrote:
I have to say, that's an interesting bug. I haven't had that happen to me yet. I think interesting bugs help to keep you guessing. HA HA

I agree! I didn't even mind until it turned out I couldn't restore my xp properly. Otherwise I would have set all my Baali Disciplines to the hot keys and simply ignored the extras (we-ell, unless you count playing with them for fun ^^). Would have been a pain to remember to check my xp every time I was about to get a Quest update, though.

But as you say, all the bugs certainly make for an interesting experience!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group)   Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group) EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 6:34 am

Hm, I'm not sure what caused this problem. But using old save files after a reinstallation usually doesn't help, except if you can trace the problem to a certain map file, and use a savegame from before your first visit on this map.
Problems with the console are a hint to a corrupted installation, probably already of the vanilla game. What exactly did you install?
You can try using vstats sell to get rid of the wrong disciplines, and get your xp back.

- geek
Back to top Go down
buzzsaw
Ancillae
Ancillae
buzzsaw

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group)   Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group) EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:46 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Hm, I'm not sure what caused this problem. But using old save files after a reinstallation usually doesn't help, except if you can trace the problem to a certain map file, and use a savegame from before your first visit on this map.
Problems with the console are a hint to a corrupted installation, probably already of the vanilla game. What exactly did you install?
You can try using vstats sell to get rid of the wrong disciplines, and get your xp back.

- geek

I only used the old saves after I reinstalled to see if I could pinpoint when the problem started. I've read enough about the problems with the game to know I shouldn't hope to keep playing with old files. :/ RIP, favorite Baali yet.

Yeah, my partner mentioned today that the console bug was an installation problem, which I'd already figured. I initially installed the TFN 1.1 patch over an installation of TFN that I've had on my laptop for a few months. Since I usually run into game-breaking bugs with any installation I've had for a good while, that might be the reason.

Ah, I didn't know about that cheat. Thanks!

ETA: I always install the mod over a vanilla version.

ETA 2: My rotten, corrupted game must have been the cause of everything. I've just finished the Museum and haven't had a problem. I've never, ever had the Discipline group problem before, so I suppose I can't blame myself for assuming it was a bug. But I sincerely apologize for wasting everyone's time.

Last edited by buzzsaw on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:42 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I am a colossal idiot)
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group)   Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group) EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:58 am

No problem Buzzsaw, you didn't know. But yeah everything you were describing sounded like a corrupted game to me and I would've always suggested a completely new reinstallation, if you hadn't already fixed it. If that didn't work I was going to suggest you re-download TFN 1.1 (Full) and try that over a clean copy of bloodlines just to make sure.

Sucks you had such a fun character on a corrupted install, making it impossible to finish. That always sucks! But I'm happy to hear everything is working fine now! Cool
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
buzzsaw
Ancillae
Ancillae
buzzsaw

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group)   Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group) EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:24 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
No problem Buzzsaw, you didn't know. But yeah everything you were describing sounded like a corrupted game to me and I would've always suggested a completely new reinstallation, if you hadn't already fixed it. If that didn't work I was going to suggest you re-download TFN 1.1 (Full) and try that over a clean copy of bloodlines just to make sure.

Sucks you had such a fun character on a corrupted install, making it impossible to finish. That always sucks! But I'm happy to hear everything is working fine now! Cool

Thanks! I'm pretty embarrassed, but at least next time I'll be absolutely sure before reporting anything. Embarassed I don't want to become the User Who Cried Bug.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group)   Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group) EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:30 pm

buzzsaw wrote:
Thanks! I'm pretty embarrassed, but at least next time I'll be absolutely sure before reporting anything. Embarassed I don't want to become the User Who Cried Bug.

HAHA! Razz You made me LAWLZ at work! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group)   Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group) EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Your avatar is kinda creepy =<
Back to top Go down
buzzsaw
Ancillae
Ancillae
buzzsaw

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group)   Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group) EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 12:07 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

HAHA! Razz You made me LAWLZ at work! cheers

haha, my pleasure! unless you almost got in trouble D:

Karavolos wrote:
Your avatar is kinda creepy =<

Do you mean mine? That's why I like it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group)   Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group) Empty

Back to top Go down

Mysterious powers (gaining wrong discipline group)
Page 1 of 1