Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How's your town?

Go down 
+8
eye of the divine
ThePhilosopher
Childe of Malkav
Feral
Shabutaro
Voraxith
Karavolos
Jad.3
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 8:34 pm

So, it's 1:30 am and me and my neighbor came. To an interesting conclusion. In our less-than-6K people town, we have only pubs, butcher's, chemist's and florists. 19 pubs, 19 places to get a beer during daylight!
Which is just enough. You get shitfaced. You get something to level your stomach. You get a pill for your terrible headache. And then you get a flower to make up at home. Awesome.
19 pubs! So how's your town?
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 9:09 pm

Good What a Face
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 3:35 pm

19 bars for a town of less than 6,000? Wow. My town is over 200,000 and I don't think I could count how many bars there. Sometimes I forget just how big Boise really is -- I usually just think of it as this small little college/farm town, but I guess it's a bit more than that. Cool.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 6:50 pm

How's your town? Chlumec_-_Karlova_koruna
May try to get a nighttime pic if you wish. It's occupied by Lasombra Smile
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 5:21 am

My town got way to few pubs.. well at least pubs i enjoy.. 80% of places where you can drink are set for teenager and play dumb dubstep and chart music.. there are only 2 pubs who play rock, hard rock and sometimes metal..
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 4:13 pm

I haven't seen the inside of a pub for a long while...
Even I live in 630000+ city. Playing the PhD game all along. Sad
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:27 pm

PhD? What game is that? I've never heard of it before. Does it use the Storyteller System? D20? TELL ME! I'm a game fanatic. cheers
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:11 pm

PhD, is the game of getting from Igor to Mad doctor. It uses the system: a shitload of unpaid overwork. Not so funny No

- geek
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 12:14 pm

I've "DiS" title. Means I'm dislectic.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 6:34 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
I've "DiS" title. Means I'm dislectic.

Really!/ Me too!

Voraxith wrote:

PhD? What game is that? I've never heard of it before. Does it use the Storyteller System? D20? TELL ME! I'm a game fanatic.
Preatty much what Malkav said...
Plus the benefit of getting bollocked all the time for not working enough and lack of results. If you are such a fanatick, I could send you results of a few small experiments in need of statistical analisis done for yesterday, as well as outline of the publication I do not have the time to write... Yeah, I 'm a game fanatic too...

I should have become a lorry driver or something... Less stressful.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 9:22 pm

PhD in what, dawg? Evolutionary Biology?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 3:07 pm

Molecular Biology. Close Laughing
Mostly plant's secondary metabolites and they actions on bacteria/wound healing/anticancer...
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 9:24 pm

Feral wrote:
Mostly plant's secondary metabolites and they actions on bacteria/wound healing/anticancer...

Cool! I didn't know there was many plants used in wound healing atmo the popular "natural" treatments are silver, honey and maggots applied directly on the wound. Of course I don't know much about the plant compounds that go into medications that fight infection which I'm guessing is more what you look at?
Back to top Go down
http://eyeofthedivine.tumblr.com
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:48 pm

eye of the divine wrote:
Feral wrote:

Cool! I didn't know there was many plants used in wound healing atmo the popular "natural" treatments are silver, honey and maggots applied directly on the wound. Of course I don't know much about the plant compounds that go into medications that fight infection which I'm guessing is more what you look at?

Phenylpropanoids and terpenoids mostly... They are good antioxidants too, so healing gets faster. Free radicals could be worse than bacteria for you.
What you said is good too. There is wide front of reaserchers to find something to replace conventional antibiotics. Bacteria are great with social networking: one gets resistance, all the others pick the trend as if that one resistance giving plasmid was going out of fashion... Hence synergistic aproach.

BTW, plants have been used for healing for like 7000 years now... At least. That and spiderwebs, maggots and honey.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 5:17 pm

I understand what honey is good for, since it contains the bbe's saliva. But what use are maggots and spiderwebs?

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 5:20 pm

Feral wrote:
Bacteria are great with social networking.
Bacteria@Facebook.com? Laughing

- geek
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 5:24 pm

How's your town? DSCF0832

Average home Smile
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 5:26 pm

How's your town? Paris-sewers

Nosferatu version.
Now with a hapless victim just waiting for a drink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 5:28 pm

How's your town? DSCF0707

My street ! I took this picture right off my door

How's your town? DSCF0591

And this awesomeness is a one of a kind. Actually it's nice, and dark, and gloomy Smile
Back to top Go down
FallenRaven
Ancillae
Ancillae
FallenRaven

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:29 pm

How's your town? St_by_11
Stockholm in the winter
wonder why i don't have any one but kine to torment with almost 18 hours of night as the longest in the winter confused
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:30 pm

So unfair we don't have much snow down here in the southern parts Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:33 pm

Feral wrote:

Phenylpropanoids and terpenoids mostly... They are good antioxidants too, so healing gets faster. Free radicals could be worse than bacteria for you.
What you said is good too. There is wide front of reaserchers to find something to replace conventional antibiotics. Bacteria are great with social networking: one gets resistance, all the others pick the trend as if that one resistance giving plasmid was going out of fashion... Hence synergistic aproach.

BTW, plants have been used for healing for like 7000 years now... At least. That and spiderwebs, maggots and honey.

So like the use of Vancomycin and antimicrobials?

Oh I know they are ^_^ my knowledge in that particular area is just woefully lacking because we were never taught what went into medications more important to remember side effects, dosage etc. The only one I remember is willow bark and that had some pain relief properties in it Laughing

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I understand what honey is good for, since it contains the bbe's saliva. But what use are maggots and spiderwebs?

Maggots are brilliant with slough [A layer or mass of dead tissue separated from surrounding living tissue, as in a wound] covered wounds. Basically they only eat dead tissue so they'll clean a wound out in days rather than weeks and leave the healthy tissue intact. You can't heal a wound without getting rid of that first and it can be quite a slow process.

I don't think I've ever seen a wound cleaned out so fast except maybe the use of hydrocolloid dressing (Silver dressings etc) but they are only used for low to moderate exudate levels whereas Maggots can be used with a lot of exudate. Even in the middle ages healers noticed people with battle wounds that got them in tended to survive rather than someone who didn't. But of course these days they are blasted with radiation to stop their natural development cycle; so instead of becoming a fly they just eat and eat until they get so fat their mouths close up and they die.

Of course you could debride the wound but I've not seen it done that often; only really when things go very necrotic at any rate. Plus maggots would do the job just as well and be pain free so it's probably better to use them. Humans tend to be very inexact and healthy tissue can be removed at the same time so it's not as exact. But people tend to be a bit squimish about it so it's not used that often Sad which is a shame because it works really well.

honey is used as an antibacterial; it's not something I've seen used personally. Iodine works well and apparently it gets the immune system working as well generating white blood cells. That's what I've seen most commonly used at any rate.

I've never heard of spider webs being used (Although it does sound cool) but my guess would be they used to to pack wounds now we use Alginate dressings (made from seaweed) amoung other sorts of dressings, to help being the wound together and facilitate it closing up without leaving a hole under the skin. In the Vietnam war they used super glue as a quick fix since it needed to be closed quickly so they could keep fighting and also as a preventative measure against infection. Of course if the wound wasn't cleaned properly they'd either have to open it up again or face a nasty end possibly via blood poisoning.

Laughing I'll shut up now sorry Laughing

Here's a side street in the town centre near where I live now:

How's your town? DSCF2435

View from my old bedroom before I left home:

How's your town? DSCF2540

How's your town? Bright_by_eyeofthedivine
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:35 pm

Karavolos wrote:
So unfair we don't have much snow down here in the southern parts Crying or Very sad
Honestly. I prefer the winters with less snow. Less shovel wielding, and less chance of busses being late, or not going at all.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:36 pm

In my opinion it's worth it due to the extra cold.
Also adds to the atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Karavolos wrote:
In my opinion it's worth it due to the extra cold.
Also adds to the atmosphere.

I'd much rather public transport ran on time if I'm being honest Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How's your town? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's your town?   How's your town? Empty

Back to top Go down

How's your town?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next