Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quote of the day

Go down 
+25
Ettinarius
Zer0Morph
Aphrodite
FallenRaven
Childe of Munster
SaulottheGentle
Bloodywolf
Sio
Maxus Corvin
Bloodstone
Jad.3
Duncan.Oliver
Voraxith
Meowolf
Claudia
ThePhilosopher
Karavolos
eye of the divine
Childe of Malkav
Feral
Nachtrae
Alichino
PGM1961
Dragatus
Shabutaro
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Quote of the day - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 6:11 pm

Doctors say that each piece of bacon you eat takes 9 minutes off of your life. Based on that math, I should have died in 1732.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 7:18 pm

Dragatus wrote:
Doctors say that each piece of bacon you eat takes 9 minutes off of your life. Based on that math, I should have died in 1732.

So you were Embraced that long ago? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 7:28 pm

It's a quote from a kine implying that by the math they should've died centuries before they were born.

Though I have been around for a while.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 9:45 pm

"Where do those stairs go?"
"They go up."
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 9:56 pm

Childe of Munster wrote:
"They go up."

Save for when they go down. Or when they lead into the ceiling.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 9:58 pm

Maxus Corvin wrote:
It's a quote, not an architecture lesson.

Don't question me. I outrank you. albino
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 4:19 am

Childe of Munster wrote:
Maxus Corvin wrote:

Munster, this isn't an architectal but s philosophical problem. Same as with all the roads. Do they lead to Rome, or away fron it? scratch

And Maxus, even when the stairs lead into the ceiling, they still go up. Cool

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 11:38 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Childe of Munster wrote:
Maxus Corvin wrote:

Munster, this isn't an architectal but s philosophical problem. Same as with all the roads. Do they lead to Rome, or away fron it? scratch

And Maxus, even when the stairs lead into the ceiling, they still go up. Cool

- geek

And if there is a hath they could go even upper Laughing
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 4:22 pm

Childe of Munster wrote:
"They go up."

Who ya gonna call?

Ghostbusters quotes.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:12 pm

Duncan.Oliver wrote:
Ghostbusters quotes.
"And you don't want us ... exposing ourselves."
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 5:44 pm

I'm not into torture BTW. It's too civilized.

- Feral
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 5:47 pm

I never expected to land in quotes... I don't know what to say. So I will...
*howles*
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:21 pm

"I have no sense of humor: I just laugh at everything and hope to god it's appropriate."

Voraxith.

I think it is really funny and maybe could relate.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 3:00 pm

I also liked Feral's view on torture. It sort of syncs with my views on crime and punishment. I think a life prison term without possibility of parole is actually less humane than putting someone to death; yet the former is viewed as more 'civilized'.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 3:20 pm

Hm, tha problem with a death sentence is that it is irrevocable, even if lateer found evidence shows that the convict was innocent after all.
Besides, would you want to be directly responsible for killing s human by setting the poison needle or pulling the trigger as a member of a firing squad, or whatever method is used?

- geek
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 3:57 pm

You know, what if the lethal injection or whatever, would be activated by all of the jury and the judge?
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 4:34 pm

What's your clan, Duncan?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:02 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Hm, tha problem with a death sentence is that it is irrevocable, even if lateer found evidence shows that the convict was innocent after all.
Besides, would you want to be directly responsible for killing s human by setting the poison needle or pulling the trigger as a member of a firing squad, or whatever method is used?

- geek

"If it is a threat, you kill it"

Hunter
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:37 pm

Jad.3 wrote:

I do believe he's a Brujah What a Face
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:41 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
Brujah.

I'm not going to debate morality, or 'what if they're innocent', etc.. This is simply my opinion. I believe that some crimes warrant the death penalty. "So you thought it would be fun to be a serial killer, and brag to the cops about how many people you killed? Congratulations, you're famous." BLAM!! "Okay someone bury the famous guy now, and bring in the guy who raped the old lady and set her on fire."

It's not a punishment, because that implies you will learn a lesson and be a good boy -- which you can't do, because you're dead. It's not a deterrent, because they've shown that most crooks really don't think much about the consequences. To me, the main purpose of the death penalty is to remove certain sick individuals from society. I do believe in a fair trial, though.

Childe of Malkav - Yes, I would pull the trigger, flip the switch, etc.. If I believe in something, I should be prepared to act on that belief.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:56 pm

Well that kills the clan related line. I like Brujahs.
Now I have to say
It takes Duncan to take fun out of anything! Quotes in this case. Yeah.

I agree that life sentence might be worse than death. Analogically, death is too good for some people.
But I'd rather kill my vampiric opposition than let it know it's been defeated. It only would start plotting again Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:23 am

Feral wrote:
"If it is a threat, you kill it"
Probably better amended to "If it is a threat, you neutralize it." If killing's the only option, OK. Otherwise, there are usually other options.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:51 am

Jad.3 wrote:
Well that kills the clan related line. I like Brujahs.
Now I have to say
It takes Duncan to take fun out of anything! Quotes in this case. Yeah.

Sorry to be a buzzkil. My original statement was merely that I thought life imprisonment to be less humane than just killing someone. Speaking for myself, a life spent in such a hopeless situation (and brutal environment) would not be a kindness.

Others brought up the 'what if' scenarios. Rather than start a long debate, I stated that this was only my opinion, and briefly explained why I felt this way.

However -- From a vampiric point of view, the humane option is not always the desired course. Sometimes you WANT your enemy to suffer. I would think that this is linked to a low Humanity... if you have a high Humanity, you would regret the necessity of having to kill your enemy, and want it to be over as quick as possible.

As for Feral's quote: This seems logical from the viewpoint of a hunter. (Or was the 'Hunter' signature a specific person?) If the threat is stronger, and manages to kill you... well, that's okay too. It ensures that the strongest one survives. Smile Right, Feral? Natural selection... or in our case, Unnatural selection.

Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:32 pm

Duncan.Oliver wrote:

As for Feral's quote: This seems logical from the viewpoint of a hunter. (Or was the 'Hunter' signature a specific person?) If the threat is stronger, and manages to kill you... well, that's okay too. It ensures that the strongest one survives. Smile Right, Feral? Natural selection... or in our case, Unnatural selection.

Hunter is a person for sure. One of more important characters in Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukowsky.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_2033_(Novel)

As for the rest of your post I agree, too. Darwinism is quite encouraged among molecular biologists Twisted Evil
Natural selection is great.
As one of Roman thinkers put it (I forgot who that undoubtedly nice guy was, sorry):

The strong do what they want, the weak suffer what they must

Checked, it was Thucydides. So a Greek, not a Roman.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Feral, even in roman times, most philosophers were Greek. Mostly slaves or liberated guys who got paid by the romans to do the thinking for them.
That left the romans more time for drinking or visiting the circus games. Or if they were of ventrue stock, plotting against each other in the senate...

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the day   Quote of the day - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quote of the day
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next