Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Animalism 5 can't attack

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Clerkin2010
Fledgling
Fledgling
Clerkin2010

Animalism 5 can't attack Empty
PostSubject: Animalism 5 can't attack   Animalism 5 can't attack EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:58 pm

I have been having some problems with Animalism 5. Whenever I activate it the game immediately goes into first person and I cant use any weapons and I cant attack. Thanks.

Last edited by Clerkin2010 on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Animalism 5 can't attack   Animalism 5 can't attack EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Clerkin2010 wrote:
I have been having some problems with Animalism 5. Whenever I activate it the game immediately goes into first person and I cant use any weapons and I cant attack. Thanks.

Tried manually equipping claws/fists? Game likes to unequip those from time to time...
Back to top Go down
Clerkin2010
Fledgling
Fledgling
Clerkin2010

PostSubject: Re: Animalism 5 can't attack   Animalism 5 can't attack EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:11 pm

Feral wrote:
Clerkin2010 wrote:

Tried manually equipping claws/fists? Game likes to unequip those from time to time...

Yeah it won't let me manually equip either but when I first used it everything worked fine, although I did notice that it was different from previous editions of CE in that I got all the benefits of it but I didnt use claws to attack.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Animalism 5 can't attack   Animalism 5 can't attack EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 5:57 pm

Clerkin2010 wrote:
Feral wrote:
Clerkin2010 wrote:

Yeah it won't let me manually equip either but when I first used it everything worked fine, although I did notice that it was different from previous editions of CE in that I got all the benefits of it but I didnt use claws to attack.
You're right. I made changes there, and completely forgot to test them.

To solve the problem, open -bloodlines\vampire\vdata\system\traiteffects000.txt with a texteditor (Notepad).

There you will find the entries Traiteffectgroup "Frenzy (Gangrel)" and "Frenzy (Kindred)"
In these Traiteffectgroups, there are various "Traiteffects".

Copy the last two from "Frenzy (Gangrel)":

TraitEffect
{
"Trait" "item_w_fists"
"Modifier" "-1"
}

TraitEffect
{
"Trait" "item_w_claws" // changed by wesp
"Modifier" "+1"
}
and paste them into "Frenzy (Kindred)"
Make sure, you get all the indentations, ", and {} right.

This is a change that can be applied to a running game, so you won't have to restart with a new character.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Clerkin2010
Fledgling
Fledgling
Clerkin2010

PostSubject: Re: Animalism 5 can't attack   Animalism 5 can't attack EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:38 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Clerkin2010 wrote:
Feral wrote:
Clerkin2010 wrote:

You're right. I made changes there, and completely forgot to test them.

To solve the problem, open -bloodlines\vampire\vdata\system\traiteffects000.txt with a texteditor (Notepad).

There you will find the entries Traiteffectgroup "Frenzy (Gangrel)" and "Frenzy (Kindred)"
In these Traiteffectgroups, there are various "Traiteffects".

Copy the last two from "Frenzy (Gangrel)":

TraitEffect
{
"Trait" "item_w_fists"
"Modifier" "-1"
}

TraitEffect
{
"Trait" "item_w_claws" // changed by wesp
"Modifier" "+1"
}
and paste them into "Frenzy (Kindred)"
Make sure, you get all the indentations, ", and {} right.

This is a change that can be applied to a running game, so you won't have to restart with a new character.

- geek

Thanks! it worked perfectly. bounce
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Animalism 5 can't attack   Animalism 5 can't attack EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:22 pm

Hey Clerkin,
good to hear it worked for you.

Btw, you don't have to quote the whole message. Better reply if it's clear which previous posting you're answering. Else quote, but cut out the parts that are not really relevant. It saves space, and most people prefer reading shorter messages.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Clerkin2010
Fledgling
Fledgling
Clerkin2010

PostSubject: Re: Animalism 5 can't attack   Animalism 5 can't attack EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

Btw, you don't have to quote the whole message.

Huzzah! Sorry about that I'm new to this whole forum thing.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Animalism 5 can't attack   Animalism 5 can't attack EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 9:10 pm

Clerkin2010 wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

Btw, you don't have to quote the whole message.

Huzzah! Sorry about that I'm new to this whole forum thing.
No problem, hope you didn't take offence.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Animalism 5 can't attack   Animalism 5 can't attack EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 4:35 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:

Copy the last two from "Frenzy (Gangrel)" and paste them into "Frenzy (Kindred)"

So if I understand this correctly, Animlism 5 gives you the regular frenzy trait effect and not the Gangrel frenzy trait?

Then my idea for giving the Gangrel a new weakness should work nicely. The idea is to give them double or triple Humanity loss during frenzy. It would be achieved by adding a humanity mod multiplier to the Gangrel frenzy trait effect. The multiplier would technically also give them double Humanity gains during frenzy, but since you can't actually gain Humanity when frenzying it should work perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Animalism 5 can't attack   Animalism 5 can't attack EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 5:24 am

That's right. Animalism 5 only gives the regular frenzy, not the stronger Gangrel one. So your idea should work.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animalism 5 can't attack   Animalism 5 can't attack Empty

Back to top Go down

Animalism 5 can't attack
Page 1 of 1