Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help installing the final nights

Go down 
+7
m0rris0n
Feral
Claudia
Childe of Malkav
Nachtrae
Shabutaro
miggs.castro
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
miggs.castro
Fledgling
Fledgling

Need help installing the final nights Empty
PostSubject: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi I tried installing the final nights and I did but I can't seem to find where the game is located please help me out
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:21 am

Hi first of all.

Well it should be where you chose to install it to like c:\something\something.. Where u installed vtmb Wink

And second: This is the Ask a Question section of Camarilla Edition, not The Final Nights. TFN is a lil bit more on the bottom Wink
Back to top Go down
miggs.castro
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:24 pm

I installed it in the bloodlines folder and I can't seem to find it
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:00 pm

A mod in VtM:B basically means that game files are changed, removed or added. There is no official mod support for the game. Your mod is probably installed (meaning that the mod has replaced the official game files) and ready to run.
Do keep in mind to never, EVER try to run two mods at the same time, unless the files specifically say that you can merge them with very specific other modifications. And even then, it's a sure fire way to corrupt your entire game.

Try to start the game. If the mod's working, it should say the Final Nights in the place where it says what version of the game you have.
Back to top Go down
miggs.castro
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:34 pm

I did and i still have the same clans from bloodlines
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:41 pm

If you have a steam version of bloodlines, you must turn off the steam community for this game. Else steam will always update your version to the official patch and nothing else, erasing all mods.

- geek
Back to top Go down
miggs.castro
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:29 pm

no its the discs
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 4:49 am

This is a forum, not a phone, you can afford writing proper sentences.

Install mod anywhere else (desktop, whatever).

Open file browser ("my documents" folder or whatever, with the list of places on your left hand)

Browse Program files until you find your installation folder (the disc one)

Take "vampire" of desktop ; Put into VTMB folders so it REPLACES the game installed files.
("vampire" from desktop replaces "vampire" from C:/programs/activision/vampire the masquerade - bloodlines/vampire files (check for program (86) instead of just program, if you have windows seven or so))

There shouldn't be a vampire the masquerade-bloodlines/vampire/vampire folder, it means you installed it a bit too far in the folder. In that case, pull the deepest one and release it one step earlier (aka next to the first folder, not IN that folder)

I'm going to make a video...

Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 7:08 am

Seriously how hard can it be to follow the instructions given by the installer? I never will be able to understand such people....
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:25 am

And I thought, thede days everybody has computer lessons at school. That started shortly after I left in 1988. WTF do they learn there? All the applications of rule 34 or what? Laughing

- geek
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:04 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
And I thought, thede days everybody has computer lessons at school. That started shortly after I left in 1988. WTF do they learn there? All the applications of rule 34 or what? Laughing

- geek

You'd be surprised how ignorant the guys of my generation (born in 88) can be about using a computer properly. I mean, these people can't use Kompozer to built a basic website with just text....
Back to top Go down
miggs.castro
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:11 pm

Am I that bad?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:50 am

Honestly, well...

But dont worry, kiddo. You will learn. We have rised not one Fledgling here. Laughing Cool
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 7:04 am

miggs.castro wrote:
Am I that bad?

Let me ask you how old you are and which country you are from. If you are younger than 13 and from a country where you don't learn English in school i would say yes. AS it is the basic of the basics where you don't even need much knowledge about computers... you just have to follow the instructions given to you by the program.
Back to top Go down
m0rris0n
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 8:38 pm

So I am not sure what is not working here. It says to install the mod over a clean version of the game. I uninstalled my game since it had the update patch on there. Deleted any Vampire folders in my C: drive. Downloaded the mod and installed it. I try to run the game and it gives me the 'Available memory less than 15MB!!! -101793792 error. So I know the update patch solves that but I shouldn't need to install that since it is all covered by this mod. Right??

I believe I am doing things properly. It should work easily like the updae patch. So what am I missing here?
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 9:35 pm

m0rris0n wrote:
So I am not sure what is not working here. It says to install the mod over a clean version of the game. I uninstalled my game since it had the update patch on there. Deleted any Vampire folders in my C: drive. Downloaded the mod and installed it. I try to run the game and it gives me the 'Available memory less than 15MB!!! -101793792 error. So I know the update patch solves that but I shouldn't need to install that since it is all covered by this mod. Right??

I believe I am doing things properly. It should work easily like the updae patch. So what am I missing here?

Did you install it to the default location? i.e '[drive-letter]:\Program Files\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\'.

TFN is built over the 6.5 version of the patch, which includes the Official 1.2 patch from Troika. I do believe it fixes that issue, since I've never had it myself.
Back to top Go down
m0rris0n
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 9:39 pm

Yes. I installed it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines which is what the installer seemed to recommend. When I try to run the game from my desktop icon it attempts to start and then gives me the error message. So I am not sure what is going on here. I am reasonably tech savvy but this is just not working for me.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 4:14 pm

Morrison,

Try installing TFN to your desktop then manually dragging the contents into your Bloodlines folder. It will ask you if you want to overwrite a ton of files so hit YES. Then try running the game from the actual bloodlines executable file, not the shortcut. Try that and let us know.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 4:51 pm

Zer0, you are back!

*runs, jumps at Zer0morph and starts the usual licking, whining and wagging*

Where have you been, man?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 4:56 pm

Hey Feral!

I keep having dreams about VTMB so I think I'm going to load up TFN and run my first playthrough. I'm going to try widescreen mode but if it's not true widescreen then I'm going to buy a 4:3 LCD just to play VTMB. I miss and love this game so much.... I'm glad to be skulking the TCI board again.

::Gives feral a tasty milkbone::
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Welcome back, boss. The place isn't the same without you.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 5:20 pm

Awww thanks Dragatus! Are you a male? If so, let's start a bromance! Razz
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 5:25 pm

Yes, I am male. Bromance is an option, but these things take time to develop. Wink
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Ah, the nights get longer. Zer0 awakens from his usual summer torpor. Hey man, welcome back! Very Happy
Btw, the Library level is ready. Wesp and Burgermeister have done great work there. If you want presence dialog options, you can have my script. It allows for presence2 replacing dominate 1, or presence as a bonus to the "diplomatic" feats: intimidation, persuasion, seduction. Presence level is calculated, while any dialog use of presence will cost 1 bloodpoint.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:37 pm

Dragatus wrote:
Yes, I am male. Bromance is an option, but these things take time to develop. Wink

All too true, all too true. pale

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Ah, the nights get longer. Zer0 awakens from his usual summer torpor. Hey man, welcome back! Very Happy
Btw, the Library level is ready. Wesp and Burgermeister have done great work there. If you want presence dialog options, you can have my script. It allows for presence2 replacing dominate 1, or presence as a bonus to the "diplomatic" feats: intimidation, persuasion, seduction. Presence level is calculated, while any dialog use of presence will cost 1 bloodpoint.

- geek

Thanks Childe, and yes Presence as an option is definitely something to look into for TFN 1.2. Do you implement this for CE yet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help installing the final nights
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next