Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Discipline visual effects

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Arabesque370
Fledgling
Fledgling

Discipline visual effects Empty
PostSubject: Discipline visual effects   Discipline visual effects EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi,

First, thanks and heaps of grats for this wonderful mod.

Second, I do have one gripe and would like to know if anyone knows of a fix or perhaps can point me in the right direction to go about fixing it myself. I dislike some of the new discipline visual effects, specifically for dominate and dementation. I find the little glowing symbols, like the eye for tyrant's gaze or the purple rising death for mass suicide, somewhat loud amd tacky. Is there any way to remove them?

Thanks for any tips!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Discipline visual effects   Discipline visual effects EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 6:23 pm

Hi Arabesque,
welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry, but I don't have enough experience with discipline particles to give advice there.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Populism
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Discipline visual effects   Discipline visual effects EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 4:32 am

Hello and yes you can change the effect inside the Discipline file. Disciplines are located in vampire\vdata\systems. You need to look at Discipline001 and Discipline002 for Dementation and Dominate respectively. You'll find effect information located near the middle-bottom for each code.

Easiest way to do this would be to change particle emitter effects to the ones you do like from other areas in the same discipline. Alternatively you could download the correct unoffical patch for the version of CE your using and splice the old effect code into the disciplines. Easier then it sounds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discipline visual effects   Discipline visual effects Empty

Back to top Go down

Discipline visual effects
Page 1 of 1