Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stats and Character Creation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

Stats and Character Creation Empty
PostSubject: Stats and Character Creation   Stats and Character Creation EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 7:49 pm

Please bring them in line with the PnP game...include the Generation background and it's benefits.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Stats and Character Creation   Stats and Character Creation EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 7:53 pm

Sadly I do not think it's going to happen ; the charactersheet and the engine did not include the trait willpower, for instance.

The game was made in 2004, so, after Gehenna was published, and while Requiem was being created. There's no Generation, but the concept of Blood Potency is "kinda" used. But.. "lower blood pool or higher blood pool", there's no reason why not to pick generation Wink
If, like in MET, there was a benefit to being high gen, and low gen have different benefits and flaws... but the game bloodlines only lasts one week :/
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: Stats and Character Creation   Stats and Character Creation EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 8:00 pm

Claudia wrote:
Sadly I do not think it's going to happen ; the charactersheet and the engine did not include the trait willpower, for instance.

The game was made in 2004, so, after Gehenna was published, and while Requiem was being created. There's no Generation, but the concept of Blood Potency is "kinda" used. But.. "lower blood pool or higher blood pool", there's no reason why not to pick generation Wink
If, like in MET, there was a benefit to being high gen, and low gen have different benefits and flaws... but the game bloodlines only lasts one week :/

The base game, yes...but the strength of Bloodlines wasn't in it's single player story (though that was good) it was in it's multiplayer/world creator that allowed you to play as if it were a table-top game (I prefer bloodlines interpretation of the rules and that it has greater Role-Play aspects, but the actual single player story in the other game was actually more interesting). Hmm...now there is an idea...the story in Redemption re-created for Role-Play in Bloodlines.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Stats and Character Creation   Stats and Character Creation EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 2:45 am

joemarra052075 wrote:
[...]the strength of Bloodlines wasn't in it's single player story (though that was good) it was in it's multiplayer/world creator that allowed you to play as if it were a table-top game[...]

scratch 

That does not sound like the Bloodlines I played.
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: Stats and Character Creation   Stats and Character Creation EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 3:04 am

Dragatus wrote:
joemarra052075 wrote:
[...]the strength of Bloodlines wasn't in it's single player story (though that was good) it was in it's multiplayer/world creator that allowed you to play as if it were a table-top game[...]

scratch 

That does not sound like the Bloodlines I played.

Bloodlines had a great story don't get me wrong. I just think the multiplayer in it had far more potential than was ever put to use.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Stats and Character Creation   Stats and Character Creation EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 6:37 am

There never has been any multiplayer for bloodlines Smile
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: Stats and Character Creation   Stats and Character Creation EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 7:12 am

Your right Claudia. I did some research after your post and found a couple of things:

1. That I had been thinking about the multiplayer in Redemption (funny as Bloodlines is better suited to it).

2. They originally planned on multiplayer in Bloodlines but dropped it due to balance issues. Apparently a earlier patch readme actually discussed it but that file is now gone. However at it's core the game was made for it.

3. There actually is a multiplayer mod available:
http://bloodlinesresurgencemod.com/downloads/installation-guide

Sorry for the mixup.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Stats and Character Creation   Stats and Character Creation EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 7:24 am

Yeah, I was all: "Multiplayer? What multiplayer?"
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Stats and Character Creation   Stats and Character Creation EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 7:52 am

Résurgence is still on alpha testing and it's not really multiplayer but rather a counter strike like. It's based on alien, another game, and hence isn't really a bloodlines mod.

I'd love to see a redemption like multiplayer for bloodlines but it's just not feasible without a paid team of programmers;)
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: Stats and Character Creation   Stats and Character Creation EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 7:58 am

Ahh well...thanks for clearing that up Claudia.

I hope someday we can have a good VTM multi-player experience without a team of programmers. It is too bad they never actually finished Bloodlines...as I said they originally did plan on a multi-player experience for it but disabled it (I don't know if it is actually in the code and disabled or if they removed the multi-player code entirely...more likely the former though for a couple of good reasons).
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Stats and Character Creation   Stats and Character Creation EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 8:03 am

I do know the original developers wanted a mp but it never came around to even have a base code... I've played resurgence, it's very hard to come around and apart from shooting each other on given maps, while needing to run two games at the same time...

It's a very complicated issue Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Stats and Character Creation   Stats and Character Creation EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 12:53 pm

AFAIK Wesp has made the multiplayer option available. At least in a rudimentary state. But there is no host for it. Since the only multiplayer version I have ever used is the virtual one in Baldurs Gate so I can create the whole party to my liking, I have no idea about it.
But I'm still tempted to get generations in my bloodlines mod. Perhaps by selecting the generation in the clan selection (thinblood 14th to 8th), and the clan in histories. Then no history would be Caitiff, which also is the only option for the thinblood.
Advantage for lower gen of course is the larger bloodpool. For higher gen, humanity would be easier to regain, and perhaps there could be a limit on max humanity for lower gen. And humanity will influence the bloodtimer as well as other aspects of the gameplay.

geek 
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: Stats and Character Creation   Stats and Character Creation EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 2:16 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
AFAIK Wesp has made the multiplayer option available. At least in a rudimentary state. But there is no host for it. Since the only multiplayer version I have ever used is the virtual one in Baldurs Gate so I can create the whole party to my liking, I have no idea about it.
But I'm still tempted to get generations in my bloodlines mod. Perhaps by selecting the generation in the clan selection (thinblood 14th to 8th), and the clan in histories. Then no history would be Caitiff, which also is the only option for the thinblood.
Advantage for lower gen of course is the larger bloodpool. For higher gen, humanity would be easier to regain, and perhaps there could be a limit on max humanity for lower gen. And humanity will influence the bloodtimer as well as other aspects of the gameplay.

geek 

I like it. Too bad about the multi-player.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Stats and Character Creation   Stats and Character Creation EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 6:04 pm

If clans was generation, then you'd get unique dialogue for each generation rather than for each clan. Wouldn't it be better to use histories for generation?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Stats and Character Creation   Stats and Character Creation EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 7:30 pm

Dragatus wrote:
If clans was generation, then you'd get unique dialogue for each generation rather than for each clan. Wouldn't it be better to use histories for generation?
Haven't tested yet. Idea of this was easier introduction of new clans 'cause the histories menue isn't fixed to size 7

geek 
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Stats and Character Creation   Stats and Character Creation EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 7:49 pm

If you do take the path of clan = generation then you could get unique clan dialogue implemented if you set aside one of the character stats to represent clan (maybe use Reseach for that and make learning pure Intelligence based) and use that as condition for text to appear. It would be a hell of a lot of tedious work though.

I think it's better to use histories for new clans. Any bloodline or non-Camarilla clan that you can actually implement due to discipline limitations would likely do better to masquerade as one of the standard seven. Baali pretending to be Tremere, Lasombra pretending to be Ventrue, etcetera.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Stats and Character Creation   Stats and Character Creation EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:36 am

Dragatus wrote:
If you do take the path of clan = generation then you could get unique clan dialogue implemented if you set aside one of the character stats to represent clan (maybe use Reseach for that and make learning pure Intelligence based) and use that as condition for text to appear. It would be a hell of a lot of tedious work though.
Then it's probably better to use one of the stats for generation. Problem is, both approaches would conflict with the starting point system. scratch 

Quote :
I think it's better to use histories for new clans. Any bloodline or non-Camarilla clan that you can actually implement due to discipline limitations would likely do better to masquerade as one of the standard seven. Baali pretending to be Tremere, Lasombra pretending to be Ventrue, etcetera.
Good idea. That would also help overcoming the "dominate in dialog limited to Ventrue" issue.

Of course I can implement any number of clans as clans, but you have to select any but the first seven in some dialog like these silly questions, and if you change your mind during creation, you are limited to the first seven in the pull down menue or you have to start all over again.
And I haven't yet worked out if it's possible to get a character started via the questions without presetting the stats. But that isn't really a problem since you can always reset...

geek 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stats and Character Creation   Stats and Character Creation Empty

Back to top Go down

Stats and Character Creation
Page 1 of 1