Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Why showing your face a criminal act?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cretino
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 484
Join date : 2015-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:59 pm

Samedi may break the Masquerade for being monsters, it's a violation to the code "do not let humans know we exist", but showing yourself shouldn't pop-up a message on the top of the screen, "criminal violation" everytime you try to enter or, especially, LEAVE somewhere. Is annoying. I know you gotta hide as the monster you are, but dem bullets hurt! I had to increase sneaking to 6 and Obfuscate to 4 EARLY GAME to get past this T-T
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:07 pm

I'll check this out, but it makes sense that you would get a criminal violation for looking like a Samedi. If you hang around long enough, you'll get a masquerade violation too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 253
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 35
Location : Kentucky, USA

PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:41 pm

Yeah,

I've often wondered if the more grotesque characters could get an appearance bonus if they could buy a hoodie in the game or maybe find one and get nicer ones as they go?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4196
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:04 pm

aneumann01 wrote:
Yeah,

I've often wondered if the more grotesque characters could get an appearance bonus if they could buy a hoodie in the game or maybe find one and get nicer ones as they go?

Or at least go unnoticed by the general public. So no CVs and MVs...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 253
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 35
Location : Kentucky, USA

PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:09 pm

Exactly. I don't mind the burden of sticking too the shadows but having a hoodie to at least take the edge off of coming in and out of places would be pretty helpful and realistic. It's night time, most people aren't that observant so a hoodie would definitely help keep that face and that rotting skin concealed for the most part unless you get too close to people and then it's obvious you aren't human.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:21 pm

This would require some python scripting to do, of course the visual aspect of putting a hoodie on the Samedi wouldn't be possible because we can't do much with model editing. If this game were built using the Unity Engine however.... I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4196
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:22 pm

Is it only me or have you changed your avatar, aneumann01...? Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:23 pm

Feral wrote:
Is it only me or have you changed your avatar, aneumann01...? Suspect

She did and it looks saweet! bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Cretino
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 484
Join date : 2015-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:31 pm

Stick to the topic '-' thats flood... oh shit i'm a fledling i cant tell people what to do.



Its so troublesome to be a Samedi! I mean, people the other side of the street go like, "he' grotesque!!!"

But even more than that! They go and say "OMGAWD, SOMEBODY CALL THE FASHION POLICE! YOU CAN'T WALK LIKE THAT! SO UNSIGHTLY!!!! You creep!

Dude. Other side the street. Mind your own business! The game is 100% nighttime, at that distance you can't tell if those are burn scars or makeup. When my friend cosplays, he doesnt get the police on him. And he uses public transportation!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 253
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 35
Location : Kentucky, USA

PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:07 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
This would require some python scripting to do, of course the visual aspect of putting a hoodie on the Samedi wouldn't be possible because we can't do much with model editing. If this game were built using the Unity Engine however.... I love you

OH Okay. Well Then I guess it's a no go. I don't mind the way the Samedi looks. I think he's cute so I don't think I'd like him covered up anyways. I call him "Bub" Very Happy

-Yes did Feral. I could never find one that suited me til last night. Found something fitting for me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 253
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 35
Location : Kentucky, USA

PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:10 pm

Cretino wrote:
Stick to the topic '-' thats flood... oh shit i'm a fledling i cant tell people what to do.



Its so troublesome to be a Samedi! I mean, people the other side of the street go like, "he' grotesque!!!"

But even more than that! They go and say "OMGAWD, SOMEBODY CALL THE FASHION POLICE! YOU CAN'T WALK LIKE THAT! SO UNSIGHTLY!!!! You creep!

Dude. Other side the street. Mind your own business! The game is 100% nighttime, at that distance you can't tell if those are burn scars or makeup. When my friend cosplays, he doesnt get the police on him. And he uses public transportation!

HA HA. I feel your pain! I dread going outside. Never know if someone is going to standing right there or not and put you in a tight situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cretino
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 484
Join date : 2015-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:36 pm

aneumann01 wrote:
Cretino wrote:
Stick to the topic '-' thats flood... oh shit i'm a fledling i cant tell people what to do.



Its so troublesome to be a Samedi! I mean, people the other side of the street go like, "he' grotesque!!!"

But even more than that! They go and say "OMGAWD, SOMEBODY CALL THE FASHION POLICE! YOU CAN'T WALK LIKE THAT! SO UNSIGHTLY!!!! You creep!

Dude. Other side the street. Mind your own business! The game is 100% nighttime, at that distance you can't tell if those are burn scars or makeup. When my friend cosplays, he doesnt get the police on him. And he uses public transportation!

HA HA. I feel your pain! I dread going outside. Never know if someone is going to standing right there or not and put you in a tight situation.

And when I swap the the... toreador ... with high persuassion and seduction, I walk like a boss! And go the npc and get discounts like a boss! And enemies don't fight me because I skip everything with chat, like a boss! It's so different!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 478
Join date : 2010-10-03
Age : 25
Location : Normandy SR-2

PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:15 am

Can't say I've played a Samedi yet...although this could be due to the fact that I'm kind of waiting to see what kind of nightmare fuel the female models will inspire...or be inspired from. But I have played a Nosferatu, and I do find it interesting that even when you look like this...

Spoiler:
 

Oops, either it is obfuscate, or perhaps something wrong with the bloody camera. Hang on...

Spoiler:
 

Ah, there we go. But anyway, even with that mask on, say you get to close to the security guard. Instant Masquerade violation, mask or no. I'd imagine that it is similar, if not much quicker, and more of a distance away with the Samedi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5129
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:22 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
This would require some python scripting to do, of course the visual aspect of putting a hoodie on the Samedi wouldn't be possible because we can't do much with model editing. If this game were built using the Unity Engine however.... I love you

I think something like this can be done. Afaik, it is possible to set one or two more modelpaths in clandoc. So if we can find a fitting model, it might be possible to add a new set of clothes.
For the masquerade effects, I think we have to up scarednpc_count and lower scarednpc_time while wearing the hood. Both are console variables and can be set in python.

@Maxus: You've been crossbreedoing again? What was it this time? One of Grout's ghouls and Imalia? affraid

@Cretino: Sticking to the topic isn't the way we do things here.... Razz

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4196
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:06 am

Cretino wrote:
Stick to the topic '-' thats flood...

How to put it...? As far as this forum goes, you may feel like Noah. Laughing

@Malkav: OK, so it could be done. But isn't playing a Samedi about having to hide? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 478
Join date : 2010-10-03
Age : 25
Location : Normandy SR-2

PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:21 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:

@Maxus: You've been crossbreedoing again? What was it this time? One of Grout's ghouls and Imalia? affraid

Eh...more like a certain Nosferatu that wanted to know what the hell was in store for her once she was embraced, and thrown into a plot that she first took as interesting, and wanted to play the politics of. Then she expressed a number of vulgarities while saying that she would have none of it. Even the knowledge of what such a thing means did not dissuade her. Then again, she did ask for a different kind of...favor, quite some time ago, that being her wishing to learn Protean. I only know it extensively, because of liaison quite some time ago. As for what I wished for in return from this Nosferatu...well, I just had one single question for her, something which even consultation with the voices in my head would not answer. I think they were curious too. What she said? Nothing. What she did? Confirmed it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5129
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:31 am

Feral wrote:
Cretino wrote:
Stick to the topic '-' thats flood...

How to put it...? As far as this forum goes, you may feel like Noah. Laughing

@Malkav: OK, so it could be done. But isn't playing a Samedi about having to hide? scratch
Ultimately it is for Zer0 to decide.
And even if we have a hood, what about the olfactory issues? They have to use something very potent to ovepower the smell of rotting flesh...

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4196
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:52 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Feral wrote:
Cretino wrote:
Stick to the topic '-' thats flood...

How to put it...? As far as this forum goes, you may feel like Noah. Laughing

@Malkav: OK, so it could be done. But isn't playing a Samedi about having to hide? scratch
Ultimately it is for Zer0 to decide.
And even if we have a hood, what about the olfactory issues? They have to use something very potent to ovepower the smell of rotting flesh...

Throw a bottle of Russian perfume into the game. Make using it incur Criminal Violation lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:33 pm

Hijacking random topics is our local sport here :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5129
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:38 pm

Feral wrote:
Throw a bottle of Russian perfume into the game. Make using it incur Criminal Violation lol!
Sounds like criminal and supernatural level 6 to me. bom
Everybody flees. Except maybe for Andrei's creations because he removed their sense of smell...

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4196
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:09 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Feral wrote:
Throw a bottle of Russian perfume into the game. Make using it incur Criminal Violation lol!
Sounds like criminal and supernatural level 6 to me. bom
Everybody flees. Except maybe for Andrei's creations because he removed their sense of smell...

And Russian gangsters, because they use this shit themselves Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:23 pm

Quote :
@Malkav: OK, so it could be done. But isn't playing a Samedi about having to hide? scratch

Well that's what I thought too, Feral. I'm confused, first people complained that the Nosferatu could freely walk around, and I agreed it was lame, so I made it so you can't walk around freely and you have to hide. Now I'm hearing it's TOO hard and should be toned down.

These damn people! Evil or Very Mad

Haha, just kidding I'm not mad, but really, we're getting into uncharted python space regarding this, and will really take a lot of time to implement. TFN 1.2 was 80% just setting up the Samedi detection system so I don't know how much more I can 'improve' it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5129
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:53 pm

Feral wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Feral wrote:
Throw a bottle of Russian perfume into the game. Make using it incur Criminal Violation lol!
Sounds like criminal and supernatural level 6 to me. bom
Everybody flees. Except maybe for Andrei's creations because he removed their sense of smell...

And Russian gangsters, because they use this shit themselves Laughing
Ah. That explains why I have this terrible urge to kill them all off whenever I play bloodlines...

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Why showing your face a criminal act?   Today at 10:33 am

Back to top Go down
 
Why showing your face a criminal act?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» These type of people make me annoyed face. ><
» New Hairstyles & Face Expressions at the Bee Stylin' Salon!
» RTCW HUD Face and 4 Wolf3D in Doom 2 Mods Added
» Graphics Issues - some animations not showing
» Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: The Final Nights Forum :: Ask a Question-
Jump to: