Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For the Greater Good (New Quest for TFN) *Spoilers Inside*

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

For the Greater Good (New Quest for TFN) *Spoilers Inside* Empty
PostSubject: For the Greater Good (New Quest for TFN) *Spoilers Inside*   For the Greater Good (New Quest for TFN) *Spoilers Inside* EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 2:27 pm

Alright kiddies, while we've been getting ready for 1.3's release by fixing bugs, debating, squabbling, and playing grab ass, I've been secretly developing 1.4. In that time I've done some pretty bad ass stuff and I'm excited to reveal some of it to you.

The following information is a big fat spoiler to a new quest that will be featured in TFN 1.4, so STOP reading if you want to be surprised!!

Okay, I warned you, so don't get mad if this information ruins it for you. So we've been talking about Silvia Black for a week or so and you know I've wanted to really open this character up. Our voice actor, Mindy Owens (Chan) has been found (thanks to Cretino) so future dialogue lines CAN be created if needed. As of now and the ideas I have for Silvia, they aren't needed.

"For the Greater Good"
After meeting with Silvia for the first time, you will receive an email telling you that a Nosferatu was photographed feeding in public. The pictures were sent to a journalist who works for the L.A. Times and he's planning on publishing the photos and writing a story about it, bringing attention to all Kindred in L.A. Obviously this is a huge masquerade violation and Silvia needs your help in cleaning it up.

This is a timed quest, meaning it's open to you once you meet her however if you don't complete the quest by the time you get to Hollywood, the pictures will get published, you fail the quest, and Silvia is pissed at you!

The journalist can be found in the Empire Arms Hotel downtown, he's drunk, alone, and is wearing a blue suit. Even though he's drinking alone, he's still in public and killing him in public will net you a Criminal Violation. Fortunately for you, he's a smoker too and walks over to the elevators on occasion. If you can quietly snap his neck on the way to the elevators, grab the Nosferatu pictures, and bolt before anyone sees you, then you're golden. If not, you will get a violation and the police will be waiting for you outside.

This quest will make you lose 1 humanity, however you will get 3 XP and a masquerade redemption in return.

There's a second part to this quest, and here's where it gets REALLY exciting. Silvia explains that these pictures COULD be used as leverage later in the game for when you meet Gary Golden. If you've completed the quest, you will have additional lines with Gary and you can sell him the pictures for cash. Obviously he would love to get his hands on these photos to punish the appropriate party. Smile

So what do you guys think? Pretty sweet yeah? I finished it last night and now I'm fixing bugs and tweaking it. I'm planning on a second quest from her as well so stay tuned!

For the Greater Good (New Quest for TFN) *Spoilers Inside* Gary_f__ing_golden_by_psykerscum-d48u58a
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: For the Greater Good (New Quest for TFN) *Spoilers Inside*   For the Greater Good (New Quest for TFN) *Spoilers Inside* EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 2:37 pm

Doing more with the photo than just using it for the posterquest is certainly a good idea, boss.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: For the Greater Good (New Quest for TFN) *Spoilers Inside*   For the Greater Good (New Quest for TFN) *Spoilers Inside* EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 2:39 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Doing more with the photo than just using it for the posterquest is certainly a good idea, boss.

HAHAHA!

Well since I took the poster quest out of TFN, that freed up like 10 items for us to use for our own quests. Let's start using them, boss. Cool
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: For the Greater Good (New Quest for TFN) *Spoilers Inside*   For the Greater Good (New Quest for TFN) *Spoilers Inside* EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 2:50 pm

I have twelve (well, some are already in use) free items from the books. Plus I can continue what I have started with the poster quest. Have Gary ask for old questitems the player doesn't need any longer.

And in any case, if there is a good idea for a quest, I jump on it like a cat on a mouse. cat
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: For the Greater Good (New Quest for TFN) *Spoilers Inside*   For the Greater Good (New Quest for TFN) *Spoilers Inside* EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 2:51 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I have twelve (well, some are already in use) free items from the books. Plus I can continue what I have started with the poster quest. Have Gary ask for old questitems the player doesn't need any longer.

And in any case, if there is a good idea for a quest, I jump on it like a cat on a mouse. cat

Like this? Or the other way around?

For the Greater Good (New Quest for TFN) *Spoilers Inside* Mouse%20on%20Cat
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: For the Greater Good (New Quest for TFN) *Spoilers Inside*   For the Greater Good (New Quest for TFN) *Spoilers Inside* EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 7:00 pm

Image:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the Greater Good (New Quest for TFN) *Spoilers Inside*   For the Greater Good (New Quest for TFN) *Spoilers Inside* Empty

Back to top Go down

For the Greater Good (New Quest for TFN) *Spoilers Inside*
Page 1 of 1