Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All kinds of philosophy

Go down 
+2
Karavolos
Cretino
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 2:48 pm

It is peculiar that Kara is the one most in favor of this lgbxy stuff; how can that be?

I thought for a while about how to answer the question about net neutrality. This is what I came up with:
In this country, it took decades for unlimited call/texting cell service to be even offered. It is still times more expensive than in the neighboring, or comparable, countries. The top two providers keep the distribution network, and offer almost the exact same services.
So yeah, keep the net neutrality.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 4:05 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Some of the syndromes I've mentioned in my previous post are the ones you're talking about. Then again, very few of them are enough to mark someone as "intersex". They are just often a male or a female with some other characteristics that may not even be that significant.

Klinefelter syndrome:

XYY Syndrome:

Triple X syndrome:

So yeah, not even those with these types of rare syndromes can be properly called "intersex". There are some that could, though, like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/45,X/46,XY_mosaicism & https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/46,_XX/46,XY. That still doesn't mean sex is a spectrum.

Thanks for the links. I'll ponder some on this.

ThePhilosopher wrote:
I'm getting at that saying sex is a spectrum is extremely unscientific and it's a faith based, ideological claim.

Fair enough.

ThePhilosopher wrote:
I'm getting at that all this transmania is completly overblown by virtue-signaling

Irrelevant to what I was talking about.

ThePhilosopher wrote:
I'm getting at that the majority of those who claim to be transgender do not have those few, specific syndromes and instead have mental illness

Irrelevant.

ThePhilosopher wrote:
And I'm getting at that those that do have those syndromes are so few and far between that talking about them is as useful as talking about that family with the genetic disorder that doesn't let them sleep, or the tree-man in India.

Fair enough. I don't necessairly agree that just cuz there's so few it's not worth our time to acknowledge them, but I can at least see where you're coming from with the logic.

ThePhilosopher wrote:
And someone with schizophrenia would have told you that he does not have a disease and that what he sees and hears is perfectly real.

Yes, but I think there's enough of a difference in mental capacity and general trustworthiness to differentiate the word of a schizophrenic and the word of a transgendered person. Not to say I take my friend's word as gospel, but I don't think that when she says she was born in the wrong body that it means she's automatically insane and in denial about it either. That said, I should read more on what mainstream science says on transgendered people. I'll get around to that eventually and hopefully actually know what I'm talking about and not just taking people's words for it and filter it with a bit of bias of not wanting certain people to be necessairly mentally unhealthy.

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Listen, I'm not denying the possibility of the "brain structure" argument being right or having some truth to it. But until I see compelling evidence for it, I remain as suspicious as if someone had told me about "a female with male bone structure" or "a male with female muscle fibres".

Alright, fair enough. I sympathize with the logic; and still think I should read more on what the actual science behind it says rather than indulge sloth (my main vice) and just shrug my shoulders and go "this is what I heard take it or leave it."

Jad.3 wrote:
It is peculiar that Kara is the one most in favor of this lgbxy stuff; how can that be?

Obviously I'm a hippie Swedish liberal lesbian who wants to torture you and eat your brains.
Anyway I donno. I guess I'm generally in favor of people calling themselves whatever they like and if they say that, for example, having to live like a man makes them miserable because they feel like a woman on the inside and it legitimately does fuck them up to be forced into that role then I overall don't think they should be forced into that role or face any ostracization (not sure if I spelled that right) for it. That said, I also think it's.. Gotten fairly silly after the fourth letter. What the fuck does "queer" have that "gay" and "lesbian" don't already cover? And the fucking 72 genders or whatever it is? I don't fucking well even.

Suffice it to say, I think Philo does have a pretty strong leg to stand on when he goes:
ThePhilosopher wrote:
I'm getting at that all this transmania is completly overblown by virtue-signaling
I'm getting at that the majority of those who claim to be transgender do not have those few, specific syndromes and instead have mental illness
I just think he got a bit too carried away with it and it clouded his mind in regards to the few legitimate cases of those syndromes, which was exclusively what I was talking about.

At the end of the day, people can do and call themselves whatever they want, but the the counter-question to whatever arguments they peddle- legitimate or otherwise -is always "how involved do I have to be in your thing" to me. And that plays into my philosophy of "do whatever you want, so long as it doesn't affect anybody else," thus my investment in seeing they get fair treatment. And to clarify slightly, when I say "fair" I mean acknowledgement when the science back up whatever they're asserting and being called out for their bullshit when it doesn't and they can't bring some evidence to bear to at least make it a question of legitimacy, nevermind having a solid leg to stand on, and everything in between.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 9:04 pm

I have a certain fondness for the term LGBT+.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 3:00 am

Well, I was getting at 'media at work,' but whatever floats your boat my helicopter friend. I actually agree with you, be whatever, I just don't need to know about it.
Also, don't say irrelevant when you get silly after the fourth letter. You see, everybody's got s bone to pick. Shut up Feral.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 4:38 am

Jad.3 wrote:
Well, I was getting at 'media at work,' but whatever floats your boat my helicopter friend. I actually agree with you, be whatever, I just don't need to know about it.
Also, don't say irrelevant when you get silly after the fourth letter. You see, everybody's got s bone to pick. Shut up Feral.

ButI haven't said anything yet!

As for LGBT+, all I am interested in is under G...
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 4:48 am

I'm a tad lost, but whatever. That topic's fairly exhausted at this rate I think. Bring us a new topic. bounce
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 5:32 am

I wasn't implying you're a faggot, just that sweden is neo-liberal heavy and their media and propaganda work on you, as it would work on anybody. Moving on.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 5:53 am

Maybe? I don't get terribly exposed cuz I don't bother watching it, but you're certainly right about our media and even political climate here. It's garbage. Moving on.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 8:31 am

Well... Now this popped up:

All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 AEB4ErG_700b
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 8:49 am

All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 24796824_200957523796952_3638477427790056931_n
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 9:04 am

Another Tuesday with Humanity again. I hate people.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 9:24 am

Hey, if we compare Heterossexuals VS All other sexuals, who is the minority?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 9:43 am

Heterosexuals are still the majority.

Poor girl, she only followed the policies not knowing she is less equal than the more equal ones...
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 10:10 am

What makes it all especially tragic is how unrepresentative online "discussions" are of the actual general opinion.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 10:13 am

Karavolos wrote:
Another Tuesday with Humanity again. I hate LGBT activists.

Fixed that for you.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 11:34 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Karavolos wrote:

Fixed that for you.

You only removed 90% of the bits about humanity I hate Razz
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 12:54 pm

Karavolos wrote:
ThePhilosopher wrote:
Karavolos wrote:

Fixed that for you.

You only removed 90% of the bits about humanity I hate Razz

That didn't triggered you as I hoped it would
I am now sad.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 1:20 pm

Rekt.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2017 2:58 pm

It is true, you know...? What other things we do and not think about it deeper?

All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 AL8xqYP_700b
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2017 5:22 pm

Are we staring at dead wood and hallucinating right now? bounce
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2017 5:35 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Are we staring at dead wood and hallucinating right now? bounce
No, we are staring at the sweat and tears of millions of asians that worked their asses off for minimum wage.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2017 5:39 pm

True, but it was like in reading a book and imagining whole worlds described within...

Good point with the Asians.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 7:52 am

All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 AR3LwOQ_700b
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 8:48 am

All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 Ap2D0dW_700b
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 2:33 pm

Well, they seem to be mostly true though I'm not entirely sold on losing weight (if you're too heavy running can do more harm than good because you'll fuck up your joints and you can lose plenty of weight just by adjusting your diet), self-esteem (loving yourself as you are right now isn't good for you if the way you are right now sucks), and successful marriages (the advice is true, but unlike everything else listed a successful marriage takes the joint effort of two people).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All kinds of philosophy   All kinds of philosophy - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

All kinds of philosophy
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Team Camarilla International Forum :: The TCI Community Dark Room-
Jump to: