Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TCI Official Forum Ranking System

Go down 
+10
z.o.o.
Eliza
YamiRaziel
Childe of Munster
Maximus1
Childe of Malkav
8people
nite
Claudia
Zer0Morph
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

TCI Official Forum Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:47 pm

We have taken it upon ourselves now that we've grown considerably to incorporate a ranking system for our members. Each member will be given a Kindred rank according to the amount of posts they've made. The higher the activity, the higher the member will be ranked. See below for the ranking order.

Kindred Ranking Order
Fledgling - 0-19 Posts
Neonate - 20-49 Posts
Ancillae - 50-99 Posts
Elder - 100-249 Posts
Methuselah - 250-499 Posts
Antediluvian - 500-999 Posts
Caine's Progeny - 1000-1999 Posts
Caine - 2000-4999 Posts
Beyond Caine - 5000+ Posts

The ranking system is meant to easily identify the more active and helpful members, and should be a sign of respect from the younger members. Those of you who feel a ranking system is silly is free to ignore them, we just like having it for a bit of flavor. Smile

Last edited by Zer0Morph on Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:27 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrected the number of postings for Antedíluvians)
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:11 am

Maybe forums Will one day be able to recognize usefull posts Wink i hope you won't have spammers to get titles ;-)

Kisses from my french iPhone !
Back to top Go down
nite
Fledgling
Fledgling
nite

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:08 am

i'd make this insted "earn-able", based on the user useful/helpful comments, ideas, overall activity on the page

and 2000+ shouldn't be available, hows that possible to be more than 1 caine? hes the father of all vampire drunken if i remember right
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:58 am

Well you wouldn't BE Caine, you would have the title of Caine. In other words, you've been around a long time. Hell I made this forum and I'm still a Antedeluvian. I doubt anyone will ever get 2,000 posts, but if it happens they should have a cool title.

As far as spammers go, if we feel anyone is spamming to get title we will address it and if it continues we will ban their account. I doubt see it being a problem though.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:22 am

Should be an admin option to disabled double posting which might help with that. Some software allows only mods/admins to double post.

(God I hate it when people double post... It's like that damn edit button is just for decoration...)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:35 pm

Perhaps you should limit the number of openings for Antediluvians to 13? And the openings for Cain's progeny and Cain himself accordingly. Wink

And when I get to my 500th posting, do I have to change my name to Malkav? scratch

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:46 pm

LOL, are you serious?!? jocolor
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:48 pm

Which part do you mean?
Limiting the number of openings? It would give a nice touch of lore to the whole business. And I don't think it could cause problems any time soon. For now, You're the only Antediluvian, and I'm the only Methuselah.

Or changing my name after the 500th posting? Well I go as Malkav on PV anyway. But I prefer Childe, so this part is not serious.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 6:06 pm

Been away for awhile playing F03, good to see 1.3 is up and that the mod is continuing to be worked on. I'll have to give 1.3 a play-through!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 7:24 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Which part do you mean?
Limiting the number of openings? It would give a nice touch of lore to the whole business. And I don't think it could cause problems any time soon. For now, You're the only Antediluvian, and I'm the only Methuselah.

Or changing my name after the 500th posting? Well I go as Malkav on PV anyway. But I prefer Childe, so this part is not serious.

- geek

Ya thats true, I doubt we'll ever get 13 people to 500+ postings, but hey you never know. CE could be THE ultimate in Bloodlines mod... a boy can dream can't he? Sleep

Max,

Ya man, the communities grown to a nice number and it seems CE has attracted a bit of a following. I love the Bloodlines community, so many nice people on this board. Smile
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 9:24 pm

Thanks for the kind words Z Very Happy Glad to hear about CE getting a good following, I've mentioned it a more than a few times on other forum boards when people ask about Bloodlines and any good mod for it. Good to see, even though you went on a much deserved hiatus from CE, that your alive and kicking it to Bloodlines ( TFN ), along with Childe ( CE ) and improving it!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 3:58 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
I doubt we'll ever get 13 people to 500+ postings, but hey you never know. CE could be THE ultimate in Bloodlines mod... a boy can dream can't he? Sleep
It is quite impressive. Really breathes new life into what was already the best single-player RP-ish computer game. I certainly look forward to more CE, not to mention TFN.
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 9:07 pm

Zer0, now that the two projects have merged I think you need to revise the ranking system. Cool
To tell you honestly, I think we will get more than 13 people to 500+ postings, soon. The forum is really active lately and you still haven't transfered the TFN topics. Imagine what will happen when you do it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 9:22 pm

YamiRaziel wrote:
The forum is really active lately and you still haven't transfered the TFN topics. Imagine what will happen when you do it. Laughing
I go to plaid?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:45 am

YamiRaziel wrote:
Zer0, now that the two projects have merged I think you need to revise the ranking system. Cool
To tell you honestly, I think we will get more than 13 people to 500+ postings, soon. The forum is really active lately and you still haven't transfered the TFN topics. Imagine what will happen when you do it. Laughing

About that, I was looking and I don't see a way to transfer the old postings unless I do a cut/paste thing which will look like I made all of the postings. I want to keep things looking clean and organized so I don't want to do what Planet-Vampire did and Archive the postings like that, I never liked how they did that.

I'd prefer to just pretend the TFN board never happened and move on with what we've got knowing that it's fine to ask the same questions over in here, and start talking about it here. With the CE only community involved now I think the conversations would be even more fun!

As far as only allowing 13 Antediluvian rankings, that was Malkav's idea, not mine. I'm fine with us having as many Antedeluvians, Caine's Progeny, and Caine ranking members as possible, I'd prefer not to "restrict" it to just 13, or allowing only 1 Caine title. I mean their just ranking titles, nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:57 am

Well, an alternative to the generation titles (well, mixed as they are currently not limited to generation and age plays a role, too, if I see correctly) would probably be to translate them into even more Camarilla related ones.
We'd have the Inner Circle, the Justicars, the Archons, the Princes, the Primogen, the Seneschals, the Sheriffs, the Harpies, the Scourges ... in a different order maybe, but I think there'd be enough to cover the whole field of posting counts. And since this forum is the one of Team Camarilla International ... well, I don't want to say that we absolutely have to change the ranking system, but if more people think like Childe of Malkav or YamiRaziel this choice would be a possible way that makes sense, in my opinion at least.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 12:02 pm

Thats not a bad plan, that is if people DO want to have a ranking system that also works within PnP rules. I don't know how we'd govern that though because your rank is based on posts and I don't know how to say ok this person has achieved this ranking so now we have to cap them there, etc...

Sounds like alot of tedius work for the admins of this board (aka me).

The ranking system was meant to just be a fun little incentive for people to want to post more, ya know, to have a higher title. I wouldn't have enabled it if it was going to turn into something I had to manually manage daily. I've got too much on my plate right now to think about managing a forum like that.
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 8:15 pm

I think the current ranking system is just fine, until such time if it becomes necessary for whatever reason to be modified. I have to sympathize with you Z, you don't need the headache of constant micro-management.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 4:04 am

Certainly, it's ok. Limiting the number of "Antediluvians" and other ranks was just an idea to put a bit of lore into the whole thing. I really don't think, it's necessary.
And anyways, right now we still only have one Antediluvian, and two or three Methuselahs. And even if the forum is very active right now, there are not that many regular posters. So even if we included a limin for certain ranks, it would probably not matter in the near future.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 4:18 am

Thanks guys, I feel better now. I was worried I was going to have to manage this big bastard of a forum too. I want nothing more in the world than to dedicate as much time as humanly possible to getting TFN out the door, and as cool as this forum is I'd prefer to put modding TFN first priority.

I think we have a really good thing going here and if I remember right, I walked away from all of this for 2 months earlier this year and because of all the fine people that really believe in what we're doing, it didn't die when I left. When I came back and saw CE was still alive and kicking, I felt a great swell of joy!

Everyone morning when I drag myself into work to take tech support calls ALL day, the only joy I get in my day is reading the posts made here. This community and this site really keep me going. Smile
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:16 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Everyone morning when I drag myself into work to take tech support calls ALL day, the only joy I get in my day is reading the posts made here. This community and this site really keep me going. Smile

Thank you for creating this outlet, and you're welcome.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 10:52 am

We appreciete your work. Bloodlines were released much too soon and underdeveloped. You are one of the few who corrected Troika's mistakes and furthend the experience of plaing. Well, I'm a little bit of a modder myself, but what you do is beyond my reach. Keep up doing mods, we wait for them! And for a new, better computer to play them without long time pondering loading screens Sad But yoy are not Santa, unfortunately. Even if you fall close with TFN Wink
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 12:54 pm

Thanks guys, I get ALOT of enjoyment being a part of all of this. I don't need money to do this, the passion alone is enough to drive me.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 10:40 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
I don't need money to do this, the passion alone is enough to drive me.
Well, that and a cabbie who thinks he's Caine.

On the topic, I will echo what seems to be the consensus: no need to put a lot of effort into titles. If this were a board where titles granted various privileges, it'd be important, but like you stated in your OP, it's just for fun (and a chance to lord it over all the newbies clown ).
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:48 pm

I have a chance to lord it over all the newbies due to my white bold name, not my title Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TCI Official Forum Ranking System   TCI Official Forum Ranking System Empty

Back to top Go down

TCI Official Forum Ranking System
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next