Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Malkavian Whispers

Go down 
+7
Feral
Childe of Malkav
ThePhilosopher
Velvet
Eliza
Jimmyto
PGM1961
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:27 am

Where are the Malkavian whispers located? I don't think they're stored with the rest of the dialog for the NPC's, because I've gone through listening to those, and I don't hear any ghostly whispers in the background. Was I just not thorough enough? Or are they in some secret location or file type, not to be seen by mortals?

I'm just curious, because I'm playing a Malkavian again, and I can never understand what the hell those helpful little 'voices' are saying. Someone's always talking when they occur. I don't suppose there's a transcript somewhere, made by someone more obsessed than myself?

Gotta go now; there's a stop sign that's trying to give me orders.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyto
Neonate
Neonate
Jimmyto

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 2:55 pm

What do you mean Malkavian whispers...there's malkavian whispers?...maybe they blend in with mine

Last edited by Jimmyto on Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 7:07 am

I'm talking about the little voices that Malkavians experience, when they meet some NPC. I don't mean the whispers that you hear in the Warrens, or the Ocean House; or the whispering that you hear when you activate the Obfuscate discipline, or the Malkavian power of Insight (Dementation). Those are just there to set the mood.

For example, when a Malkavian first meets Prince LaCroix (or maybe it's a later meeting, I forget), you can hear those voices say, "Liar!" There's more, but LaCroix is talking, so you can't understand it. The same applies to meeting the Serial Killer in the diner, in Santa Monica... the voices say something about a 'beast'. I really wish you could hear them more clearly, even if they drowned out what the NPC is saying; you can always read the subtitles during a conversation, in case you missed what they said.

Grout was so lucky that his voices got louder as time went on. lol!
Back to top Go down
Jimmyto
Neonate
Neonate
Jimmyto

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:32 am

I did not misunderstand you friend, I simply meant that those voices blended in with mine, but i must say mine are by far more articulated...and hostile, but that's neither here nor there...there is still no one that's yet to solve your problem, and I am in no way qualified to help you...sure if i studied about it i would be able to help you...but anyway the voices in my head are in no way as insightful as the malkavian ones...I suppose it would come in handy...I wonder if you could deactivate them when you're role playing with someone...anyway remember to have a safe word for whenever you are being kinky like that ok...however i do believe you are right in thinking that they should be louder than the npc, I can hear mine clear as pristine water because "hearing" them does not involve my ears...anyway take care sire and do be careful when moving stuff around, you never know what you might destroy
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:15 pm

PGM1961 wrote:
I really wish you could hear them more clearly, even if they drowned out what the NPC is saying; you can always read the subtitles during a conversation, in case you missed what they said.

Yes, definitely YES. If this is possible, pleeeeaaaaase include it in a further CE version, Childe of Malkav. Shocked (<- Yeah, there's no better emoticon to display big puppy eyes. Laughing )
I always try to skip the actual dialogue of the NPCs to understand those whispers but - frustratingly - I never get anything they say. And since I'm one of those persons who will play a game over and over again to get every little ounce of knowledge that is to gain, I would certainly want to hear them whenever possible.

(Edit: Wheee, Ancilla! Finally. Laughing )
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:09 pm

Hey, I just noticed! Me too! I didn't even notice when I became Ancilla. Congrats Eliza.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 8:47 am

congrats to you both
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:34 pm

I remember there's a baby whisper when you talk to that nosferatu female the first time scratch
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:47 pm

PGM1961 wrote:
Hey, I just noticed! Me too! I didn't even notice when I became Ancilla. Congrats Eliza.

Listen to the childer boasting Twisted Evil

PGM, Eliza: I think I found the wispers. Perhaps I can do something about the volume. But I'm not sure.

- geek
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 8:12 pm

We prefer the verb scheming, thank you very much
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 12:14 am

If you found the whispers, can they be read/heard by normals mortals? Or are they only accessible using the game editor?

(sighs) I was really just hoping to read them sometime, for amusement.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 4:32 am

i so need to start playing the game with the speakers plugged in constantly!

but i guess that covers something i mentioned previously, that i didn't know happened but apparently it does, that Malkavian Insight is expressed in the game, in the form of those whispers whispering insights on the interlocutors of the characters.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:53 am

PGM1961 wrote:
If you found the whispers, can they be read/heard by normals mortals? Or are they only accessible using the game editor?

(sighs) I was really just hoping to read them sometime, for amusement.

Me too, but it would be simply awesome to actually understand it.
(And if I'm right, the voices should be louder than the NPCs talk anyway. Didn't Grout mention something like they were screaming, shouting and distracting him greatly? I'm not sure here, it was long ago since I took my time to listen to all of his voice messages.)
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 12:19 pm

You are right. He said that the voices were so loud that he couldn't concentrate during conversations and was worried that others may notice.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 4:49 pm

I haven't made any real tests yet, but if what i have found is what we are looking for, they don't make much sense. To be able to read them, you have to extract the vpk archives using the bloodlines tools.

- geek
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 6:44 pm

Feral wrote:
You are right. He said that the voices were so loud that he couldn't concentrate during conversations and was worried that others may notice.

Yes, but Grout's 'attunement' to that Malkavian network may be higher than a PC Malk. I remember reading something in the Malkavian clanbook about how you can have different ratings in the 'Malkavian Madness Network'. A high rating, and you can sense stuff going on with other Malks. A low rating, and you're just a crazy vampire with very little real insight.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:56 am

Couldn't we get subtitles for the whispers?

as i said, i usually play the game with only PC Speakers, rather weak, and too often with ambient noise... so easy to miss what is supposed to be sub liminal aural information....
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 11:06 am

Grout was an old vampire...
Again, the whispers of the malkavian PC is just to freak out and give ambiance, not to give you real info or so...
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 4:14 am

Claudia, if i am not mistaken, Eliza mentioned that somewhen when the PC is speaking with LaCroix a voice whispering "Liar!" is heard...
now, would you say that that whisper is just to unsettle you, or that it does provide useful information? The Prince IS proven double-dealing to say the least.....

i would agree with you that as you go back on generations or as you increase in dementation the "quality" of the whispers improves in terms of the information they provide, so that for sure with Grout they were indeed valuable insights into the hidden characters of those that surrounded him, while in the beginning the whispers that our character hears can't help but being vague, with very little information content, so end up being primarily unsettling.
but, to say that they are wholly devoid of information is a little extreme, no?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:43 am

Well actually, everyone is playing a double game somewhere.. I mean, we're talking political vampires, they are all telling lies at one point or another Wink

The problem I've got with how everyone just idolatres malkavians (I'm talking global Masquerade here). They are crazy, they are psychopaths, they are completly out of their minds... They are not real prophets, nor they have visions of the future or stuff like that. And yes, some stuff they say can be seen as "oh he knows stuff", but it's just circumstancial (like any medium or horoscope, you hear whatever applies to you and feel the need to identify it to something concerning you).

I do think some sentences said in the game are a bit too much (like the real name of VV), but most of them are just circumstancial or random, and the NPC you're talking to just buys into it.

Sure there are many supplements of the pen and paper game saying "oh the malkavian madness network lol", but then, most supplements contradict each other XD
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:07 am

well me personaly they are the clan with whom i most identify... for personal reasons.
and at least Bloodlines' wise they rule, because of their disciplines if nothing else, the most complete box of tools in my view.

but every one is entitled to an opinion.
Back to top Go down
simison
Elder
Elder
simison

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 12:34 pm

I would like to add my voice to the plea that something is done to make the Malk whispers understandable. And so does Bob, right Bob?
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 1:01 pm

The voices in my head vouch for the voices in Simison's head, at least in this case. So that's good enough for me.

On a side note... I never even noticed when I joined the 'Methuselah' ranks. Shocked It obviously happened a while back, so I guess I'm not paying attention to my own avatar.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 4:11 am

that's three voices chanting in unison.

and, PGM, you became roughly at the same time as i.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 11:04 am

Well, four, if you feel like adding my voice, too. But I would be pacified if Malkav were to give out just the hidden location of the whispers so we can listen to them all on our own, without this annoying background noise caused by NPCs speaking. (Who let them in, anyway?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Malkavian Whispers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malkavian Whispers   Malkavian Whispers Empty

Back to top Go down

Malkavian Whispers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next