Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)

Go down 
+4
Feral
Zer0Morph
Childe of Malkav
ChazKafka
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) Empty
PostSubject: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:12 am

So... I download CE 1.4 just a few days ago and started playing as a Nosferatu. I got to the Elizabeth Dane, do all of the things I normally do, and then go to leave, and it doesn't do anything once I jump back onto the little rubber boat. The only thing that I do differently is that I sneak past all of the guards, including the first one (eventually having to kill the guard in the bridge so that I can view the Sarcophagus from the little computer monitor.) Is it that one exception that keeps me from completing it, or is there something else?

To give the most basic blueprint (it's a basic level): I climb up the latter, cling to the walls and sneak past the first to guards, go up to the bridge like I normally would, kill the guard in the bridge, turn on the deck cams, view the Sarcophagus, go back downstairs, pick the lock of the door below the stairs, get the manifest, go to leave on the little rubber boat.

Does anything here look out of place? I just simply cannot finish the quest because it doesn't take me back to Santa Monica.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:17 am

It seems you forgot to get the police report as well. So your tasks are not completed.

- geek
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:32 am

Where are the police reports? I don't remember ever having so much trouble! xD
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:52 am

The corrupt cop has one, and another copy is lying on a table somewhere on the deck. Don't know the exact position.

- geek
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:59 am

Okay, I guess I'll just avoid killing altogether (shame, since now I have to use Blood Buff to get the 1 extra point of Dexterity) and see the Sarcophagus up close. The cop just yells that there's a monster and then shoots me! xD Apparently, he isn't used to seeing Nosferatu. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:09 am

I didn't even know you could view the Sarcophagus from the deck cams, lol I learn something new every day. I always creep my way to viewing it up close and grab the police reports on the table on the deck along the way.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:22 am

Haha, yeah, that's how I do it 90% of the time. I checked the table /by/ the Sarcophagus. There was a folder that said "Evidence," and two other things, but nothing that I could pick up. I went through the whole deck and couldn't find the files (or at least ones I could pick up.)
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 4:45 pm

It's a while since I have played on the Dane ( my PhD study got me stuck before Griffith Park with my Nossie. Shame on real life lol! ). But if I recall corectly, you should find the report 2 or 3 conteners right from the doors leading you out to the deck, on lower level, not the one with computer. The room with manifest has a door leading out, if I haven't messed it up. Memory doesn't seem to serve. Well, but it is somewhere on the right in the maze of corridors between cointainers. On a little table, just past two cops.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:03 pm

SPOILERS!!! Don't look!!

There, I gave a warning.

The manifest is on the table in the room below the security room. (Deck level, door is marked 'Records Room'; requires Lockpicking 6 to get in, unless you can 'Open All Doors' from the computer in the Security Room.) A door leads out to the deck behind a cop who will not like your face. (As if any one does, sewer rat. Smile ) Obfuscate or sneak past.

A few containers past that cop (and the other two that join him as you're sneaking past), there is a left turn, 2 more cops, and a right turn. Just around the corner from that right turn is another table, with a copy of the police report.

I never settle for looking at the sarcophagus via the deck cameras. I always go check it myself. Even though you've technically done the job, how can you say you've checked it out if you don't look in person? Even if you don't have Obfuscate, there are ways to get close. I won't list those... any able-bodied Kindred should have no problem. Smile
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:16 pm

I tried getting close without beign seen. Twice. Never been able to.
So now i use da computer :]
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 4:33 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:
I tried getting close without beign seen. Twice. Never been able to.
So now i use da computer :]

Even without Obfuscate, it's very possible. If your Sneaking feat is at least 4 or 5 (and if it isn't, why not?), you can crouch and sneak past the cops. Blood Buff will raise your Dex (and your sneaking feat) for a short time; Presence will lower their Perception, and Dominate (Trance) works nicely to make them ignore you. Sometimes you might have to climb up onto a container, or even hop to another; just make sure they aren't facing your way when you jump. (You have to stand to jump that far.)

The only clan that might have a hard time is Gangrel. They don't have any disciplines that would distract the cops (Dominate), or lower their Perception (Presence). But if a Gangrel can't ninja his way past a few cops, he doesn't deserve the clan name. Smile
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 5:38 am

I think I've snuck over to the Sarcophagus in person three or four times. Sure, I can get there most of the time, but currently, it's a quest I want to get in and get out of. Thanks for saying where the Police Report was (the one thing I was missing.) I've never played as a Nosferatu before, so I never needed to find it.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 3:24 pm

From the outer deck, the lock on the records room is only level 3. So if you sneak through the computer room and go the other way round it's even easier.

- geek
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 9:14 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
From the outer deck, the lock on the records room is only level 3. So if you sneak through the computer room and go the other way round it's even easier.

- geek

Yep; forgot to add that. Also, don't drop the shipping container on the cops... it's fun, but LaCroix gets mad. lol!
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:18 am

Haha, yeah, that crate dangling like a fish on a hook has been looking so tempting!
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:21 am

I've been able to do it without making beleive I'm a journalist to get the police report.. and with a Tremere (so no obfuscate), and without using the computer (asshole policeman is always in front of it)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 10:23 am

Yes, it does.

And it seems the cops are really stupid. On my last playthrough, I sounded the horn from the computer, and noone even bothered to look what happend or got even slightly alarmed scratch Bloody donut lovers. Perhaps I should have started the engines. But they'd probably not even realize that Sleep

- geek
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 11:47 am

I remember triggering the horn.

The thinking "THEY'RE GOING TO KILL ME FOR THAT!"

Then having vague disappointment they all appeared to be deaf unless I was sneaking around.

Just felt like such a set up...
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:08 pm

I always trigger the horn and the engines. Never happened anything scratch
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 3:26 pm

It's certainly a topic to look into for future versions of CE and/or TFN.

- geek
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 11:06 pm

It seems like sometimes the enemies are little too hyper-vigilant, and then suddenly something as clear as engines rumbling all of a sudden and a horn sounding off does nothing. Maybe they think that the guy who's normally on the bridge was messing around on the computer (even though on the radio he's called back, I think.)
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:33 am

Daimon wrote:
Or maybe they're deaf, dumb, and blind.

I'd say they're selectively deaf, dumb, and blind... just like real cops. Smile

But this applies other places too. I can't count the times I've changed the explosives at the Society of Leopold compund to 'human' heat signature, then tried to throw something to get their attention, and make them blow themselves up. Sometimes they ignore it when something is thrown right beside them... but bump against something two rooms away, and all of a sudden they can hear like bats, and come check it out.

The game is just quirky that way.
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:39 am

The other day, I was standing against a door (not moving or anything), and suddenly a cop started shooting - and hitting - me from the other side! I was a little caught of guard.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:54 am

ChazKafka wrote:
The other day, I was standing against a door (not moving or anything), and suddenly a cop started shooting - and hitting - me from the other side! I was a little caught of guard.

Same thing just happened to me! I'm playing the game as a Tremere, and I was carrying out Mitnick's computer quests. I had just entered the basement of the Nocturne theater, through the sewers. I was crouched, in 3rd person view; and as I went up to the stage door, I waited, because I heard the guard getting close, and saw the numbers climbing on my 'stealth' meter. I was right up against the door, and I could see my head sort of merging with the door, as sometimes happens when you're close to some surface. Well, I heard the guard stop, and go, "Huh?" And then he said, "Stop right there!" and began shooting! Apparently, part of my head must have been visible on the other side of the door! So the guard spotted me through a closed door.

That must've been what happened to you. I guess if they can see even a little piece of you, you're caught... and they can reach you with gunfire. I had to go back to my last saved game, and keep back from the door a little the next time.
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:08 am

Well, with my Nosferatu, there may have been some strange protrusion of the head popping through the doors. I was in the Santa Monica hospital upstairs and the guard was doing his rounds. I was in the centre area in the room with only a computer, waiting for the guard to walk past, and then all of a sudden I noticed that the foot steps stopped. After being thrown off for a moment, he started shooting! Also, because I'm a Nosferatu, he started shooting right away instead of warning me that I had to leave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)   Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave) Empty

Back to top Go down

Elizabeth Dane (Not able to leave)
Page 1 of 1