Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just a wonder on main NPC's

Go down 
+5
Shabutaro
Klahera
Jad.3
Zer0Morph
Nezumi
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Nezumi
Elder
Elder
Nezumi

Just a wonder on main NPC's Empty
PostSubject: Just a wonder on main NPC's   Just a wonder on main NPC's EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 3:12 am

It seems that the major restriction to being able to add content is that the original NPC's are stuck with what they already have since we can't call up the old voice actors to get new lines. This in mind I wondered if you have perhaps thought of recasting the characters if you were to get enough voice actors? Now main characters like jack might be a little hard but perhaps sideline characters like the confessions owner? It would allow for some more interesting responses to your various deeds rather then the same with almost everything you say.

Just a wonder..
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Just a wonder on main NPC's   Just a wonder on main NPC's EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 9:10 am

I actually agree with this, the only problem is finding REAL voice actors with personality, accents, and most importantly quality sound equipment for making these .mp3s. Then we would need people to create the .lip files manually which is incredibly time consuming, creating every syllable by hand. Troika and Valve used an automated program for their .lip files which I've already tried to get my hands on with no success. It's $15,000 for a license and not available to purchase or torrent for anywhere but through them.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Just a wonder on main NPC's   Just a wonder on main NPC's EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:47 pm

What's the name of the program?
Back to top Go down
Klahera
Neonate
Neonate
Klahera

PostSubject: Re: Just a wonder on main NPC's   Just a wonder on main NPC's EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:35 pm

Omfg, thats a lot of money! Otherwise I could lend you my nice Dutch accent Cool

I do have some recording equipment at home for my musical recordings, but that's of course no option lol xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Moniek50
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Just a wonder on main NPC's   Just a wonder on main NPC's EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:01 pm

It's called IMS V2A MDKTM. There's not alot of information on it but apparently Activision bought a license for Troika to use for Bloodlines and Valve also bought a copy for Halflife 2.

Klahera,

The money was for the license for the software that does lip synching for Bloodlines, not for you to actually record the voices. We could really expand our NPCs to females if we had a female voice actor with recording equipment who can read lines, act, and record it at a semi-professional level.

Since you're a rock star I'm sure you have access to plenty of good computer/sound equipment. Ever thought about getting into voice acting? Like a cartoon? In the name of better Bloodlines modding? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Just a wonder on main NPC's   Just a wonder on main NPC's EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:15 am

if i would have good equip i could offer my stiff English with German accent Very Happy but only got a Sennheiser mic and standard voice recording software Very Happy and i think i wouldn't of any great help cuz i will suck i guess...^^ damn i can't help making TFN more awesome than it already is..
Back to top Go down
Klahera
Neonate
Neonate
Klahera

PostSubject: Re: Just a wonder on main NPC's   Just a wonder on main NPC's EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 3:51 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
It's called IMS V2A MDKTM. There's not alot of information on it but apparently Activision bought a license for Troika to use for Bloodlines and Valve also bought a copy for Halflife 2.

Klahera,

The money was for the license for the software that does lip synching for Bloodlines, not for you to actually record the voices. We could really expand our NPCs to females if we had a female voice actor with recording equipment who can read lines, act, and record it at a semi-professional level.

Since you're a rock star I'm sure you have access to plenty of good computer/sound equipment. Ever thought about getting into voice acting? Like a cartoon? In the name of better Bloodlines modding? Very Happy

Ah I understand now Smile
Well I've been thinking about doing some voice acting a few years ago, I think it's damn awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Moniek50
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Just a wonder on main NPC's   Just a wonder on main NPC's EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:53 am

Shabutaro wrote:
if i would have good equip i could offer my stiff English with German accent Very Happy but only got a Sennheiser mic and standard voice recording software Very Happy and i think i wouldn't of any great help cuz i will suck i guess...^^ damn i can't help making TFN more awesome than it already is..

Me too, but I think I've already pretty much lost my accent ... and I'll be damned if I can find that thing again.
But I'm sure the quality of my micro (even though it's pretty good for what it's to be used for, and it still sounded acceptable on YT when I tried voice-acting) couldn't come even remotely close to anything Troika and companions have mustered. Oh, well. Neutral
Back to top Go down
simison
Elder
Elder
simison

PostSubject: Re: Just a wonder on main NPC's   Just a wonder on main NPC's EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 1:10 pm

I'd love to help...even though I've only tried voice acting once...and I have no sound equipment...and I only have a very generic proper American accent...well, I'm back to sending positive thoughts. Sad
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Just a wonder on main NPC's   Just a wonder on main NPC's EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:25 pm

I do a pretty good Smiling Jack imitation. Unfortunately, nobody I know would realize who the hell I'm imitating. They don't play the game.
Back to top Go down
simison
Elder
Elder
simison

PostSubject: Re: Just a wonder on main NPC's   Just a wonder on main NPC's EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 7:33 pm

PGM1961 wrote:
I do a pretty good Smiling Jack imitation. Unfortunately, nobody I know would realize who the hell I'm imitating. They don't play the game.

Now that's just tragic.
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Just a wonder on main NPC's   Just a wonder on main NPC's EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 8:50 pm

well soon 5 words are enough for people to know what your talkin about.. you just need to say after the 24th December "These are The Final Nights" and all will go like "omigooooood!!", "wooohooooo!!" and so on.. if you here "wut u talkin bout?" you just answer: *PUNSH IN THE FACE* "GO WITH THE FLOW DUDE! G O _ W I T H _ T H E _ F L O W!
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Just a wonder on main NPC's   Just a wonder on main NPC's EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:00 pm

"I know where you live" can also be appropriately creepy five words.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Just a wonder on main NPC's   Just a wonder on main NPC's EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 3:07 am

8people wrote:
"I know where you live" can also be appropriately creepy five words.

The list is endless.

"I have your grandfather's teeth."
"Can you dress like Mom?"
"Are you lactating right now?"
"My van is totally soundproofed."

Yep, five-word creepiness is an easy thing to pull off... just like a nun's habit. Shocked
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Just a wonder on main NPC's   Just a wonder on main NPC's EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 4:13 pm

"Just like a nuns' habit" is another I think Laughing
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Just a wonder on main NPC's   Just a wonder on main NPC's EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 4:43 pm

I love this forum. People get my lame jokes and creepy sayings. Smile

Or maybe they just nod and humor me. Either way, it's nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a wonder on main NPC's   Just a wonder on main NPC's Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a wonder on main NPC's
Page 1 of 1