Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Issues with Mirrors

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

Issues with Mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Issues with Mirrors   Issues with Mirrors EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 11:20 am

this is not about CE1.4 per se but about it's installation

i kept having error messages while trying to download it, i tried three different mirrors and it only worked with one, scrolls and parchments, which ironicaly got it from filefront but when i had tried directly from filefront it hadn't worked.

disclaimer, i experienced some issues with faulty connection at the time.

is this something to be expected, that some mirrors will work while others won't? varying with comps or the nature of web connections?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Issues with Mirrors   Issues with Mirrors EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 1:17 pm

Sometimes the mirrors are off, disfunctional or having technical issues. More often than not however, failed download is due to your poor connection. I have very slow one and failed download doesn't suprise me at all. I got used to it. On a second thought, your security may be set too high, so maybe your OS (Vista is likely to) or antivirus block the download?
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Issues with Mirrors   Issues with Mirrors EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 1:37 pm

actually the downloads completed, i had issues with opening them and executing them.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Issues with Mirrors   Issues with Mirrors EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 5:14 pm

File corruption can be on receiving a file, for example a sample of packets download then don't save correctly so the completed download is then unviable.

Some browsers will have more trouble with one file type over another. Some anti-virus software reacts oddly to other types of software, particularly .exe files in most cases. Other instances can be a program sayig a download is complete because all conditions signify that it is (the download has completed after a specific sequence, the website isn't transferring more data - must be complete!) if the time to download suddenly jumps to no time at all or the last part of the download is much quicker than the first that can be the case.

Filesize isn't always an accurate indicator though unless you specifically check "size on disk"
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Issues with Mirrors   Issues with Mirrors EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 5:41 pm

8people, i guess your descriptions acurately mirror (pun intended) what must have hapened to me... on several occasions, i might add.
but, i did get the job done, eventually.
and yes feral at one time or another my connection became faulty, which aparently triggered some of the issues that 8people described.
once again, with persistence i did get the job done.
thanks anyway for the information you provided.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Issues with Mirrors   Issues with Mirrors Empty

Back to top Go down

Issues with Mirrors
Page 1 of 1