Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(Fixed) Can't even start

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

(Fixed) Can't even start Empty
PostSubject: (Fixed) Can't even start   (Fixed) Can't even start EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 3:09 pm

Okay, I installed the game last night, and when I tried to run it , I received an 'Engine Error' message and the game failed to start. I thought perhaps it was because I had tried to do like Zer0 suggested once, and have several copies of the game (one original, one for TFN, and one for CE1.4.2). So I figured I would uninstall everything, and try again in the morning.

I did so, with only one fresh copy of the game on my computer this time. I highlighted the files like the ReadMe said, and moved them to my 'Vampire' folder. But when this was done, and I tried to start the game, it failed again and gave me the same 'Engine Error' message: "Available memory is less than 15MB!!! -1"

This message is BS, of course. I don't think lack of memory is my problem. My computer info is as follows:
Windows 7 Home Premium (all drivers updated as of about 2 weeks ago)
Intel Core I5 processor
8 GB Ram
16GB Virtual memory
Page file space 8GB
Nvidia GeForce 210 graphics card (512 MB memory)

As of last night, my Camarilla Edition 1.4.2 was running just fine. Is this some kind of incompatibility issue w/ Windows 7, or something? Please help, or I won't be able to beta test TFN.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Can't even start   (Fixed) Can't even start EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 3:12 pm

Is this the copy you downloaded last night? If so then scrap it, it was an incomplete copy.

Read the "First Issue" thread in this section, it explains what happened. You'll have to download the new 797MB full install. Sorry

https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/beta-testing-tfn-10-unlocked-f15/first-issue-t501.htm
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Can't even start   (Fixed) Can't even start EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 3:26 pm

Okay. I read his 'first issue' post, but when it didn't apply to me I didn't bother to read the replies. I'll try that.
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Can't even start   (Fixed) Can't even start EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 5:47 pm

Currently downloading this file Z, but might not get to play for a day or 2...RL kicks you in the shorts at times Smile I was wondering why the first link didn't work correctly Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Can't even start   (Fixed) Can't even start Empty

Back to top Go down

(Fixed) Can't even start
Page 1 of 1