Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Difficulty of Salubri

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nezumi
Elder
Elder
Nezumi

Difficulty of Salubri Empty
PostSubject: Difficulty of Salubri   Difficulty of Salubri EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:13 pm

Just something I've noticed trying to play this clan:

First off it's somewhat hard to determine what style of combat is best suited to this clan as Auspex and original stat options lean towards while Fortitude and higher level Obeah lean towards a more physical style.

This is further frustrated by the clans lesser blood gain when forceful, tending to draw Salubri players towards acquiring blood dolls to feed off. But the clan weakness makes it much harder to increase seduction, meaning a player must use far more experience to seduce or simply live with the lesser blood of forced feeding (not to mention the character aspect of such actions)

While I understand that this is supposed to be a difficult clan to play I feel as if it is made rather more difficult and/or complex then most other clans... Was this intentional or..?

Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty of Salubri   Difficulty of Salubri EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:48 pm

Not really, I was just trying to follow the PnP rules as best as I could within the limits of the Bloodlines engine. You did find the minor glitch with the Salubri in that ALL feeding is penalized, not just forced feeding. I supposed I should change the description. What sucks is that I'm trying to play by 2 sets of contradictory rules... Engine VS. PnP which can sometimes lead to undesirable effects.

I may just have to make the Salubri weakness that all feeding suffers less blood because the Salubri are so "Holy", which is close to the REAL PnP rules but slightly altered to fit the SOURCE engine.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Nezumi
Elder
Elder
Nezumi

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty of Salubri   Difficulty of Salubri EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 12:04 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Not really, I was just trying to follow the PnP rules as best as I could within the limits of the Bloodlines engine. You did find the minor glitch with the Salubri in that ALL feeding is penalized, not just forced feeding. I supposed I should change the description. What sucks is that I'm trying to play by 2 sets of contradictory rules... Engine VS. PnP which can sometimes lead to undesirable effects.

I may just have to make the Salubri weakness that all feeding suffers less blood because the Salubri are so "Holy", which is close to the REAL PnP rules but slightly altered to fit the SOURCE engine.

Thoughts?

Well if that is the weakness then it would make one less inclined to play up seduction so less annoyed at the difficulty raising appearance. You said once that you planned on including Obeah in speech but I can't see many areas where that would be beneficial unless you gained EXP for saving certain characters...

In game the character design seems to conflict with general playing styles which is annoying but then really I can think of little to help the character be more appealing. One thought was to use the level 3 Obeah as a constant change, like increasing your natural healing rate to similar to the Vanilla game or something. To be honest level two Obeah makes sense for the PnP aspect but as a game design seems kind of wasted unless you want to play a dark Salubri..

Oh well I'll play through the full game with them and see what my opinion is then..
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty of Salubri   Difficulty of Salubri EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 12:13 am

Agreed, I always kind've felt that Salubri were a little gimped compared to some of the other clans. Then again playing a "Good" vampire is kind've gimped all in itself. I will admit that Salubri are very well versed in flexibility of play style, they have all the makings to be pretty good in either melee or ranged... or both actually.

I haven't incorporated Obeah into dialogue... yet. I'm still testing if it's possible to make the graphics seperate from Serpentis so if I can get that to work, then I would definatley hook up the Salubri clan with that special option. One part of the game I'd like it in is for Mercurio, imagine healing him right on the spot and finishing that side quest without ever getting him the Morphine. Or calming down poor dying Hannah by granting her peace of mind before she dies for extra XP.

I want this option for Salubri for 2 reasons.. 1) They are slightly less powerful then other clans. 2) The Baali get xtra XP for experience rewards over 3 and this would help balance that. After all, Baali and Salubri are complete opposites.
Back to top Go down
Nezumi
Elder
Elder
Nezumi

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty of Salubri   Difficulty of Salubri EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 12:25 am

Zer0Morph wrote:

I haven't incorporated Obeah into dialogue... yet. I'm still testing if it's possible to make the graphics seperate from Serpentis so if I can get that to work, then I would definatley hook up the Salubri clan with that special option. One part of the game I'd like it in is for Mercurio, imagine healing him right on the spot and finishing that side quest without ever getting him the Morphine. Or calming down poor dying Hannah by granting her peace of mind before she dies for extra XP.

Hmm, well I had a few other ideas for where it could be included:
1. If you don't want to/haven't learnt how to make a ghoul then you could just heal the Heather.
2. Tin can bill, under the same idea as Hannah.
3. Perhaps a high enough ability might allow you to 'save' the Sabbat blood dolls somehow..?
4. Some way to help Heather after the sabbat attack her..?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty of Salubri   Difficulty of Salubri EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:07 pm

Nezumi wrote:
1. If you don't want to/haven't learnt how to make a ghoul then you could just heal the Heather.
3. Perhaps a high enough ability might allow you to 'save' the Sabbat blood dolls somehow..?

I like these ideas.
Back to top Go down
Nezumi
Elder
Elder
Nezumi

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty of Salubri   Difficulty of Salubri EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 7:03 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Nezumi wrote:

I like these ideas.

Really? That's good, I was starting to think I was sounding a little fan boyish in that last post, heh
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty of Salubri   Difficulty of Salubri EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 8:58 pm

If you're a fanboy, then so am I! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Difficulty of Salubri   Difficulty of Salubri Empty

Back to top Go down

Difficulty of Salubri
Page 1 of 1