Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sabbat Encounters

Go down 
+9
redeyesandlonghair
PGM1961
Claudia
Feral
Childe of Malkav
FallenRaven
Jad.3
Zer0Morph
Maxus Corvin
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anthony
Fledgling
Fledgling

Sabbat Encounters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabbat Encounters   Sabbat Encounters - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:26 am

Anthony wrote:
Yes, the serial killer definitely has obfuscate, plus whatever powers he uses when he fights you in the salvage yard.

If city Gangrel are found almost all in Sabbat, then there must be some that are not (hence, the almost). So that doesn't prove whether or not he is of Sabbat origin.

This a complete aside: Am I the only one that sees a problem with the "generation" numbers? "You've got to understand kindred, you've got a 6,000 year old curse running through your veins". For generation 15 to be a "thin-blood", that means that vampires embrace (on average) only once they are 400 years old. Don't you think they'd want to "sire more to carry out their plans" a bit sooner than that? Or even just for some company... I'd think we'd be closer to generation 50 than 15...

Yes, he has Obfuscate... and you remember Protean, too? Suspect

In any case, there is no Generation after the 15th, since Thin-Blood cannot embrace. My idea of a City Gangrel remain at least quite valid.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Sabbat Encounters   Sabbat Encounters - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:46 am

I am so taking the generation discussion! Give me 30minutes so I get on my computer :/)

As for the sheriff yeah it's that funny bloodline from Africa, though "don't let the truth get in the way of a good story" applies. As well as why the Pc suddenly can resist Lacroix's dominate ; it serves the story, so going through the books is kind of pointless :-)

Edit : Alright, generation problems !
I'm going to say something awful as a postulate : Earth is 6000 years old. Talking Antediluvians, we must talk about the great flood, right ? Forget the Tremere and the Giovanni, since their 3rd are "younger".
Remember than most kindred stay alive and embrace sometimes. Sure, it's once every few centuries as they tell so.. But sometimes, some 4th generation Kindred stays active here and there. This pains me but Helena (of Troyes) is still considered active in Chicago, she could just as well embrace...
Back to top Go down
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Sabbat Encounters   Sabbat Encounters - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:15 pm

[quote="Anthony"]
Anthony wrote:

In any case, there is no Generation after the 15th, since Thin-Blood cannot embrace. My idea of a City Gangrel remain at least quite valid.

Beckett says that many Thin Bloods cannot embrace - meaning some can. And does it say anywhere that "Thin-Bloodness" happens at exactly the 15th generation? I know Bertram used that number as an example, but I think he was just using round numbers (5 and 15). Besides, some of the ones that can't embrace can reproduce - so are their children Kindred or Kine?

I think the 15th generation thing was put in so White Wolf wouldn't have to make long tables for generations. It could just as easily (and maybe make more sense) have gone from 30th to 45th generation. Same rules, same everything, just different starting number.

They cleared it all up in Vampire: The Requiem: now it's "blood potency" which matters, not generation. And blood potency can be raised, just like any other stat. Much nicer system, IMHO - so you can have someone like the main character starting off as a fledgling and growing into something much more powerful.
Back to top Go down
Anthony
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Sabbat Encounters   Sabbat Encounters - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:16 pm

Well...i seek to reason on the rule, not on hypotesis. If exist generations of Kindred over the 15th, why the rules don't suggest this thing?
Many thin-bloods can embrace? Yes, if they are of 14th, as Lily in VTMB. Other can REPRODUCE not embrace. This for me is certainly. And, above all, VAMPIRE THE REQUIEM is much different from the Masquerade.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Sabbat Encounters   Sabbat Encounters - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:04 pm

mouser9169 wrote:

They cleared it all up in Vampire: The Requiem: now it's "blood potency" which matters, not generation. And blood potency can be raised, just like any other stat. Much nicer system, IMHO - so you can have someone like the main character starting off as a fledgling and growing into something much more powerful.

I agree. That's the only thing in VtR that worth something bounce
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Sabbat Encounters   Sabbat Encounters - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:08 pm

mouser9169 wrote:
Anthony wrote:

Beckett says that many Thin Bloods cannot embrace - meaning some can. And does it say anywhere that "Thin-Bloodness" happens at exactly the 15th generation? I know Bertram used that number as an example, but I think he was just using round numbers (5 and 15). Besides, some of the ones that can't embrace can reproduce - so are their children Kindred or Kine?

Their children would be Dhampir. And 15th is really the last one. Both rules by Time of the Thin Blood

Claudia wrote:

But sometimes, some 4th generation Kindred stays active here and there. This pains me but Helena (of Troyes) is still considered active in Chicago, she could just as well embrace...

Menele would be a better Sire... But to land as a 5th Generation... Let's not be choosy Laughing
Back to top Go down
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Sabbat Encounters   Sabbat Encounters - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:01 am

Feral wrote:
mouser9169 wrote:
Anthony wrote:

Their children would be Dhampir. And 15th is really the last one. Both rules by Time of the Thin Blood

"Time of the Thin Blood"... sounds like something "non-core".

Sorry, couldn't resist lol!

As for V:tR - I think making all three (Mage, Werewolf, Vampire) share the same core rulebook was long overdue. If they would come out with a decent Monster Manual (different title, obviously), the game could really gain some traction and grow, now that WotC's fractured the D&D community between their 4th edition and Piezo's Pathfinder (and 3.x holdouts).

Then we might see some more White Wolf CRPG's (Mages and Vampires and Wolves, Oh My!!!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sabbat Encounters   Sabbat Encounters - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sabbat Encounters
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2