Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 El Bodegon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: El Bodegon   Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:14 am

El Bodegon is a huge bar/café on the Victoire plaza.




It represents the northern border between Bordeaux, under Gosuin's Princedom, and "Brujah territory", as Theodore Jacob claimed as his Domain this poor, young and popular sector, with Gosuin's approval (actually, the domain has been Theodore's since before Gosuin took Princedom, but Gosuin was Primogen at the time).

El Bodegon is usually a student reunion bar, as drinks are affordable (more than other cafés, but less than going to your local grocery store and party-ing in your own home). Thrusday nights are almost always full of mildly drunk students, and this is why Theodore uses the second floor of this bar as local Brujah gathering place, as well as a place to meet other Kindred in a more informal way, either to talk to him as a Primogen, a newspaper owner, or just to play cards, dice or darts.

Why Thursday ? That's because many students go back to their parents' houses on Friday just after class for the week-end.
Due to French Laws, it's forbidden to smoke inside. Since more than half of the students smoke (and having a drink with a cigarette is socially what's expected), most students stay outside. This cause some mild troubles with the police due to them being too noisy or some small time drug deals (some herb, a few pills..), especially on certain occasions (highschool diploma's results ~first week of July; music festival ~June 21st; college exams over and college exam results ~All January, all May and all June for second chance exams; any big strike movement ~that can be at anytime; hazing of medical students ~September/October...). So yes, any occasion is good.



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:13 pm

Thursday night, the night after presentation night.
Although in March, tonight is busy enough so the servers (waitress, waiters, and barman and maids) have barely any time to clean up a table that students have already claimed them as theirs. Because weather is nice enough, people are mostly outside. They are mostly groups of friends (not very closed, since "key people" link groups together, you know, the usual "friend of a friend", but every once and then a keen eye notice people alone who came in to take a coffee and use the bathrooms, or waiting on date/friends. Nobody seems totally intoxicated yet, due to the fact that it's still early in (around 9:30 pm*, after the "Daylight saving time", which was a few days ago). Nobody seems over 28, but nobody seems under 15 either.

As most highschool and college students who are social and caring enough, most of them take a certain care to their looks, up to some extreme individualist and expressive looks ; from very dollish gothic lolita, to ultra punk, to very mother-earth dreadlocks and sirwal, to pro-cannabis/anti-fascism/anti-racism/any music band t-shirts, to more elegant modern "suits" look (mostly only the vest and a hat), to flirty strapless tops, short skirts, heavy make up, and people meeting and presenting to each other through "a common friend"... It's very animated. Ethnically speaking, it goes from the pure white basic Bordelais (I'd say WASP, but they are neither Anglo-saxon, nor Protestants), to Arab looking young people, probably from second or third generation immigrants, to very black-African people (from overseas territories like Martinique, Guadeloupe... or children of black-African immigrants -Cameroun..-), with a few East-Asian here and there (Vietnam/Laos/Cambodge were French at one time, but the Chinese immigrants are also numerous enough). Most people are either excited or happy, although a few odd looks are given among some groups of friends (certainly love-related problems, you stole my gf, you slept with my best friend, you cheated on me.. but it's certainly not gang-level). Some cannabis and a few pills circulate here and there, it's not pure open traffic, but a joint stays a joint !
A little group of people with their dogs on leash (cords mostly), dressed with boots and dirty punk style**, are spending the begged money they got during the day for a beer or two. They are probably the only non students-related people present (including the staff, they are certainly employed part time).
The quite loud music, a random rock podcast (from Pink to some Black Eye Peas to some French "local" bands, to some more obscure more ambiance songs), seems to have everyone pleased enough, after all, it's a bar/café, not a dance-club, it's mostly to have some noise present.
Ambiance is mostly friendly and light-heart, but something is still about impressions, looking "good", and maybe a little hypocrisy. A few Sarkozy-bashing jokes and a few tracts and badges give a certain idea that most clients (and probably the staff) is from moderate left-wing (Socialist party) to very, very left-wing (anti capitalism party, anarchist, good thinkers and people who discuss the world around a beer), open, tolerant, and libertarian.


Oddly enough (or maybe not), Suzanne Gourand is working as a waitress, and as all others, she is not checking ID, and as in any café, people pay when the drinks are put on the tables. She's not the most friendly (well, in truth, she is totally vulgar and maybe a little crude, but El Bodegon is not high society so it's mostly good for her and to keep too entrepreneur kids from creating trouble), but she works fast, she carries a lot, she remembers who ordered what and she gives change very fast. For Masquerade purposes, she has some foundation and blush on to look a little more pink, and she has spent enough vitae to look like she is breathing. She's the only kindred visible from outside this early evening and that can be recognized as such by those who saw her Wednesday in the Grand Theatre.


Inside, the ambiance is slightly darker. Four people are behind the bar, working the beers and the glasses as fast as they can for the orders. The music, since it comes from inside, is louder, so being able to understand each other can get a little complicated. Bathrooms are pointed out by a large sign, the price tables are written on a black board, the Licence IV (the ok-paper to sell and serve up to distilled alcohol and made-up cocktails) is put very visible behind the bar, as well as other legal papers concerning being "obviously drunk" or selling to minors. A door marked as private seems to lead to stairs that go to the first and second floors. A smart guess can quickly make understand that it's certainly where accountability is done, stocks are stored, where most legal/bank papers are kept, and probably, where Theodore sees whoever needs to see him.



*By the end of March, sunset is at ~8pm and sunrise is ~7:30 am
** clicme These people are kind of homeless and usually hang out in parks with their dogs, or in front of supermarkets to ask for money for dog food, bread and beer. They are mostly nice people, but they had it harsh, and most have a drug problem and are to be soon out of the system (social security, social aid..).



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:33 am

Duncan walks up to El Bodegon slowly, taking in the nightlife around & in the club. He sees Suzanne waiting tables, and smiles; but he doesn't call out to her. Then again, he isn't trying to avoid her either -- if she sees him, it's okay. He enters the bar.

Once inside, Duncan makes his way to the bar, and orders something small, like a shot of vodka. He positions himself by the section of bar where the waitresses pick up their orders, and waits, pretending to sip his drink. His eyes will take in details of the room, and the people here tonight.

When Suzanne comes to pick up her drinks, Duncan will catch her eye and nod his head in greeting. He only speaks a few words, but they are loud enough to be heard over the music and chatter.


'Evening. Is he upstairs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:42 am

Suzanne curses a few times while giving back the empty glasses and the tickets of the orders to the barman who already prepared the next order. She's obviously venting a little on asshole smart students that build the world around a 2€ glass of coke and stupid radio should put on good music. She gives a glance when she hears a voice she can recognize, and as she loads the tray, she gives a smile to Duncan.
Hey ! Yes yes, obvious right ?
She signs to the barman who gave her the drinks, as if Duncan was "one of them" or something like that. She then approaches a little more Duncan to speak a little lower.
Go ahead, upstairs there's a door, if it's not open, knock once and enter. Theo doesn't like too much formalities, says it's way hypocrite, and I don't think you'll catch him with his pants down to his ankles...
She laughs at the idea, then waves a hand and speaks once more before walking away.
Go ahead, he's not alone though, don't be surprised !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:41 am

Duncan returns Suzanne's smile, and he chuckles a bit when she jokes about catching Theodore with his pants down. As she walks away with her tray of drinks, he speaks to her again.

Thank you! I'll see you later, I'm sure.

She seems to wave her hand again, although Duncan isn't sure whether it's a brief farewell or an impatient brush-off. Either way, he takes that as his cue to head for the stairway. The shot of vodka, which he tasted briefly but did not drink, is 'accidentally' tipped over on the bar as he leaves... Duncan curses a bit for local color, and walks off with a shrug.

With a bit of maneuvering to avoid the boisterous students, Duncan reaches the door marked 'private', and opens it to reveal the stairs leading up from the ground floor. He pauses a second to glance at the lock, and nods. As he enters and shuts it behind him, the door clicks, and he nods again as if the click was expected. A short walk up the stairs, and then Duncan knocks once, per Suzanne's instructions. After that, he opens the door and steps through... it wouldn't do to look hesitant here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 25
Location : Oklahomo

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:26 pm

After entering the bar and seeing that Duncan is already there, Miri makes herself scarce. Taking Duncan for a man with a method, she busies herself by chatting up a small table of the mortal bar-goers while he makes himself noticed by Suzanne. As she gives him the okay and 'secret knock' instructions, Miriel has just managed to somehow inspire a rather scruffy, sheepish looking student to scrounge up 5€ in change for a pint of Kronenbourg.

She chuckles crudely, late to remark to no one in particular about Suzanne's joke,
Heh, pants. She doesn't really care if anyone else at the table could hear or understand, and so she continues on with idle conversation until persons of note are present or free to talk again.

Perception 3, Auspex 1- Sight:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Once upstairs, the first one can notice is that it's sound-isolated enough.
The upstairs door opens easily, revealing a quite big room, organized as a private saloon with a few doors. There is a billiard table and everything necessary to a pool game. There are a few coaches and seats that seem comfortable, but also used by time. A black board is on one of the walls, where either points were counted, or bills noted, and next to it was pined a huge map of the CUB (Bordeaux and its close surroundings ; CUB means Urban Community of Bordeaux). There is also an old desk in a corner, with a closed laptop on it, next to a window that certainly has a view on the Victoire Plaza (they aren't noticeable from outside because the glass is tainted). A couple of round tables are also available. The luminosity is low, lower than the one of the human part of the bar, as to take care of the night owls that are Kindred' eyes sometimes. The floor is wooden, probably quite old too, maybe as old as the building itself, unlike downstairs.
There is a certain tobacco smell which is impregnated in the wooden floor, but also from the present people smoking inside. After all, some keep the habit out of habit, but also to keep in touch with the superficial side of humanity.
Theodore is next to the pool table, with a cue in his hands, discussing, oddly, with Jean-Pierre, who visibly just arrived considering the looks given to him (and the fact that he still has his hat and vest on). The Tremere is smoking, but as a few half-filled ashtray show, he is not alone with the habit. He's handing the Brujah an envelope which isn't closed, but that has the Regent Grand Hotel name on it, who takes it.
In one of the coaches is sitting one skinny but obviously fitted, strong man, wearing what looks like a rugby or american football styled shirt, cargo pants, rangers and a punk, un-cared for hairstyle. On his attitude, one easily guess he is Kindred. He's talking with a mid thirty, very average looking woman, with brown mid-long hair, in a very feminine but conservative black suit, shoes and tights. She is, too, Kindred as her pale skin betrays, contrasted by a dark red lipstick and her black clothing.
There is also a mid twenties man with short fair hair, with classes, wearing a suit that suits him, who is in position to shot his turn on the pool game, who doesn't seem to give odd looks against the Tremere. He is also a Kindred, because he doesn't breathe to make his shot, but also because he doesn't blink.
Is also present a man wearing a Metallica t-shirt and jeans, recognizable as being Mike. Oddly, Franz isn't present. Duncan picks up the conversation.


(Theodore) You owe nothing, Griffin, and frankly I don't care. You guys did what you had to, end of the story. Usually, Kersten sends me Claudia, way earlier..
(Jean-Pierre) Miss Vonigner is unavailable, this is why she has asked me to bring you this.
(Theodore) Unavailable ? He asks, he knows Griffin would like to keep it vague, but he forces in hopes of getting the truth out of the Tremere. He gives a quick look towards Duncan as he enters. He makes a quick hand movement to make him understand he can enter. He then opens the envelope, takes out the two sheets of folded paper, and browses it. Miri can pick up from here, as she enters herself.
(Jean-Pierre) Unavailable. The Regent needs her to stay in the Chantry, considering the situation...
Because of his positioning, the Tremere hasn't noticed yet both new arrivals. The man who played his turn at the pool table speaks with a joyful, careless voice, after having made a good but not exceptional shot, and after having waited what he considered enough time.
(Pool player) Hey Jacob, your turn.
(Theodore) Hey this should concern you too, Dominique.
(Dominique) Look, news travel fast, that's why I'm here, but as long as they don't call me..
(Theodore) Wait, isn't your phone off ?
(Dominique).. Oups..
Not sorry at all, the man smiles, shrugs and applies billiard chalk to his cue without much care, waiting for Theodore's play. He does give a curious look towards the two newcomers, but he doesn't bother himself much more. Theodore hands his cue to Griffin, gesture which makes Dominique smile to the Tremere in a very inviting way ; he doesn't care who he plays against, as long as he's good, and the new adversary seems to please him. Griffin, after putting his cigarette between his lips, accepts the cue, takes off his vest and hat which he puts on the coat rack next to the door. He lets the cane close-by too. He sets his usual natural cold look on Duncan, then on Miri, nods slightly as a salute, then goes to play the turn on the billiard.

Theodore makes sign to Duncan and then Miri that they can come in, but he takes the time to read the 'letter' Griffin handed him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:26 pm

Looking around at the Kindred in the 1st floor saloon, Duncan realizes that he could have worn the suit from the other night and not looked out of place... then again, the jeans and T-shirt he wears now are more comfortable, and the Kindred who are dressed up may not be Brujah. They certainly weren't at Elysium the night before, except for Jean-Pierre.

Duncan notices when Theodore motions him forward. However, he barely has time to move away from the upstairs door before Miri comes through the door behind him. The surprise on Duncan's face is evident, and no doubt amusing to everyone but him.


What the...? He is at a loss for words for a moment, but an angry look quickly settles on his face, and Duncan glares at Miri. He mutters at her in a low voice, one that is hopefully not overheard across the saloon.
Had to crash the party, didn't you? You're nearly as bad as the redhead. Duncan shakes his head. Must be a Torrie thing. Are you trying to make me look bad? Like I need a Toreador backing me up on Brujah turf?

Duncan sighs, which is a strange mannerism for Kindred, since they don't breathe.
Just... act like you're unafraid, and willing to take a few lumps, and they'll respect you. I can't help you here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 25
Location : Oklahomo

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:59 pm

Miri rises from the table as soon as she sees Duncan has vacated the public bar. She waves solemnly to her table-mates with an insincere pout and leaves to belly up to the bar to talk to Suzanne, since the opportunity presents itself. As she nears, though, Suzanne simply gives another nod to the doorman and busies herself again with serving before Miri can even get a word in. Rather than stand there and waste time, she makes her way up the stairs after Duncan.

She crosses her arms and stands silently beside him upstairs. She returns Griffin's nod, then turns her head to face Duncan, who begins to speak to her.

She doesn't return his look of surprise, or even emote slightly as his tone of voice shifts- She only smiles softly while he talks. When he's done, she says simply,
I can wait my turn.
Duncan:
 

She steps a few feet out to lean against a wall, stopping to pull and light a cigarette she rolled earlier in the evening from a small metallic cigarette-roller/case she keeps in her front pocket. She seems prepared to take the time to relax while she waits, since the atmosphere in the saloon is much more comfortable and has much less bustle than downstairs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:47 pm

Miri's reply, and her calm attitude, make it obvious that she planned this from the moment she hung up the phone earlier tonight... perhaps even before that. Duncan merely shakes his head, and mutters:
Miri:
 
When Theodore motions Duncan forward again, Duncan notices that the gesture includes Miri this time. As he moves toward the pool table, Duncan works on his expression in an attempt to regain his earlier demeanor of casual interest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 25
Location : Oklahomo

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:34 pm

Miri looks to Duncan as he mutters. She exhales smoke in a slow, long puff through her nostrils and casually taps the ash from her cigarette, maintaining a detached expression. She winks in response while his eyes are still trained on her, before he looks back to Theodore.

She returns the cigarette to its place in the corner of her mouth and moves in a little closer to Theo and the group playing billiards as she is motioned to approach. She still stands further away from him than Duncan is, to indicate some kind of order, as in a queue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:04 pm

After having eyed long enough the letter, Theodore folds the paper and sticks them into his pant's pocket. He moves slightly away from the pool table for safety (if you ever stood next to a pool game, a cue hitting you can happen, and it will hurt..). He makes short eye contact with Duncan, then Miri, then gives a look around as if watching over something, before addressing both new comers. For a few seconds, the Brujah Primogen seemed to look sad or let down, but he hides it as he talks.
(Theodore) Drop the manners and everything, I've accepted a long time ago that my job would be closer to monitoring a bunch of stubborn kids with heavy tempers than anything else ; Duncan, I bet you're smarter than that, but it ain't keeping me from fighting though ! That's also kind of why Roland quit and moved up to the capital. That one precision was clearly for Duncan. Ah, yes, unfamiliar faces right ? Here, I don't discriminate, Basque Anarch and others can come by if they want as long as they show basic low profile, respect Domain and don't abuse hospitality. Any system works as long as nobody abuses it, anyway ; I'm not afraid in breaking bones if a hint of an abuse may happen. We all know the rules, God save who goes and tries to push just to see what happens. So.. I think you both already know who Griffin is. Dominique usually lives in Toulouse but he's good friends with the Setites so he comes by every now and then, usually drops by for a game, to say hi, avoids Kersten and leaves for a few months. Guy over there browsing the news papers is Mike, not that much interested in us, kind of 'live and let live'. The woman there is Victoire, she's Suzanne's fledgling so she's still adjusting and will be presented to Gosuin at given time, she was some kind of lawyer. The punk dude talking to her is Marc, he's kind of borderline and isn't in the official papers but he's still "one of us". Pfft whatever that means.

The Brujah certainly doesn't seem to care that Miri is Toreador, since there is at least one non-Brujah in the room. A proper mind can understand that Theodore doesn't hide what he thinks of the people around him, and he uses this out-spoken behavior to be "trusted" up to a certain level. He certainly hides something else, or focuses on something that he considers important. Trying to hide or mislead about the obvious or the well known rumors isn't probably a good use of his time. The Brujah sits at one table and makes a hand movement as to invite, but it's unsure if he invites Duncan alone or if it extends to Miri.
(Theodore) Something in particular you needed ?

Subterfuge 2, Conscience 3, Empathy 3, Auspex 2:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:28 am

Duncan continues to advance until he is within conversational distance (1-2m) of his Primogen. He nods a greeting at each Kindred that Theodore introduces to him. Duncan is not shy about making eye contact... instead, he pays close attention to each person. When the invitation is made to sit, Duncan will do so, although he will glance at Miri for a split second, and his eyes will flash briefly to the other empty seat.
Empathy 2, Perception 3, Miri:
 
As Theodore asks his question, Duncan faces the elder Brujah once again, and shakes his head.

Nothing specific. I just thought I'd pay a visit to a local Brujah hangout, and meet the Kindred I didn't meet last night at Elysium. There are a few more new faces than I expected to see, though -- I should've guessed that there would be some Kindred who didn't feel like making an 'official' visit to the Opera, for personal reasons.

At his last sentence, Duncan will glance around at the new faces and smile, to show that he isn't scolding them for not being at the Deambulatoire last night. After a moment though, the smile will fade, and Duncan looks to Theodore again.

Now that I think of it, there was one thing I wondered about... who do I talk to about finding out who has domain in the various, um, 'businesses' around Bordeaux? I didn't want to step on anyone's toes when I'm trying to establish myself here. Not by accident, anyway. Duncan grins. However, if the person I talk to is you, I can wait until another time if you have some kind of business that you need to attend.

Duncan will do a little hand gesture when he talks about business, pointing briefly from Griffin to Theodore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 25
Location : Oklahomo

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:09 am

Miriel smiles softly in understanding as Theo illustrates in no uncertain terms that anyone is welcome under his roof so long as they aren't there to start trouble. She smiles wider, though, when he remarks that in the unlikely case that trouble is started, he's sure to be the one to finish it. She tones her amused grin down and looks to Duncan and then Theo, No need to worry about me starting trouble; I just learned to tie my shoes myself early this evening. She nods thoughtfully and taps ash from her cigarette into an ashtray. She is of course referring jokingly to her apparent age and relative newness to the vampire scene, though anyone can find fun in thinking of most Toreador as inept at anything that isn't parties or poetry.

Miri looks to each of the Kindred described, smiling warmly to them if their glance meets hers.

When Duncan and Theo move to the table, and a vacant seat is presented, she strolls over wordlessly and sits with them. She takes long, lazy drags from her cigarette as Duncan speaks to Theo. Her only other action besides switching up the way she draws and exhales smoke is moving to tap ash into an ashtray on the table.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:55 pm

Most Kindred present either give a curious look to the newcomers or just heads up when their names are given. Marc looks slightly tense, while discussing some ideological points with Victoire. Well, he seems to listen to her babble about women's rights and institution laws, but he doesn't seem to want or to be able to care ; too many abstract concepts, not enough stuff to break... Dominique doesn't even lift his eyes off the pool table (and watching Griffin's turn with a very focused mind, or so it seems), after all, he already took notice of Duncan and Miri when he claimed his pool partner back. Well, he got a new one, but he didn't seem to lose on the change ; the Tremere knows pool. Mike is the only one who seemed interested enough to cut his current activity for meeting's sake, but he didn't as they both seemed busy. Maybe later. After giving a smirk to Miri when she assures she's not here to cause any harm, or so she says, Theodore listen closely to Duncan.
When Duncan mentions the absence in Elyseum, Dominique does lift his eyes, with a "who me ?" false shocked look, he takes the time to say a few words.

(Dominique) I love being an outlaw ! Joke aside, my Primogen knows I'm in town... Probably. The man addresses his billiard partner as he makes his (well-planned) shot. By the way, he sent you out for me ?
(Jean-Pierre) He did not, it was Miss Vonigner who asked me if I could drop by. As for Lyle, I think he's too busy with Tarcisus and Horsman to bother with you..
(Dominique) Shit, I thought that Lyle bullshitting us ! Hey Jacob, you're fearing for your head ?
(Jean-Pierre) Lyle is probably the most honest of your acquaintances. Dominique gives the evil eye to Griffin, who doesn't seem to care, before taking his turn at the table. Marc seems particularly interested in the conversation, as he hushed the woman beside him in the most manly way. He's not hiding his curiosity and doesn't care if it's noticed. Mike himself keeps focused on the paper, but he is also listening.
(Theodore) Some just aren't made for Toreador Elysium, but hey, I bet the Nosferatu are far more numerous than they say ! He laughs about it. When confronted by Dominique, he turns his head so to respond to him, amused about what seems to be an old souvenir. Wait, he remembers that ? And "honest", Kersten ?
(Jean-Pierre) It's a facade. Four hundred years of saying "that's a Tremere secret" and trying to work various agenda without getting killed while holding a certain position can build a strong but bored spirit. Let the poor man vent. And Tarcisus does remember. The Tremere puts back the cue at it's given spot, as if he was going to leave. The whole time, he kept calm, platonic, cold and distant, with no intonations to his voice. Dominique seems disappointed when he sees that he'll be alone again to the pool.
(Theodore) Well if he goes all Queen of Hearts again, it'll get ugly, and I'll finish the job this time too. No offense about her, Griffin.
(Jean-Pierre) None taken, all is fair in love and war.

Theodore lets out a sigh and then takes the time to respond to Duncan properly concerning his "business".
(Theodore) Well yes, that would be me, you'll explain what you want to do and I'll give you the definite don'ts. I consider my job as a Primogen to make sure everybody gets heard and finds something I like to call "their place". It's off to you to make it work anyway. At the moment, my only advice would be to keep away from the other side of the river as far as influences go. Other than that, if you do step on someone's toes, well, too bad ! It will happen one night or another anyway.
The Brujah takes some time to think over something, giving a look around. Marc stood up to go and discuss with Dominique about Tarcisus' reign, and Griffin took that chance to meet with Victoire, who looks intimidated by him at the first glance. He sits next to her at a polite distance and engage idle conversation. The Brujah seems to have made a decision and talks
(Theodore) Well, I'm worried about the current situation, it's stakes and all, and I need fresh eyes up to a few things. I usually do most of this myself, but frankly, I would be the one making things go wrong, so I'd rather avoid the conflict in its whole, but it's not possible. Others are too tainted by their past.. I'm running out of options. Of course I'll repay the favor properly. Interested into understanding better your new brothers and sisters of the city ?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:52 pm

Duncan takes in all of the by-play between Kindred, trying to decipher their meaning from the bits and pieces they throw out. But when Theodore speaks, Duncan's attention focuses on the elder Brujah. As the primogen answers his question about areas of influence, Duncan will nod and reply, with a wary eye to Miri:

I suppose I'll work up the details of what I want to do first, and ask you next time I see you whether my plans would cross anyone.

As for the current situation you speak of, do you mean the information the Sheriff presented to the Prince? I, um, couldn't help but hear a little of what was going on.

I can certainly help find out some information, if that's what you want. I have a few... skills in that area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 25
Location : Oklahomo

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:24 am

Perception 3, Duncan:
 
Miriel rolls the lit end of her cigarette lightly on the edge of the ashtray until the cherry begins to cool. She leaves the unfinished cigarette tilted against the tray to be reclaimed and re-lit later, and briefly stretches her arms above her head.

She shifts in her chair slightly, but doesn't return Duncan's glance. She looks like she has a question forming, but continues biding her time, paying close attention to what Theo says next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:40 pm

Theodore's face reads a certain level of tiredness. He waves it away as he gives a look to Griffin discussing with Victoire ; that actually seems to be OK with him, one could even think he likes it, but he's not trusting the Tremere either, especially with a fledgling still not prepared. It becomes pretty clear that what he said about him being more used to watch over a bunch of wild kids during break time at school is probably true. Other Kindred behave as he expects them to, this is why the ambiance is way less formal than in the Opera's Elysium.
The old Brujah smirks when Duncan mentions the Sheriff.

(Theodore) It just -could-, but I'm not that sure. Lambert, I mean the Sheriff, he's not the most discrete guy ever in dealing with Sabbat problems.. or any other problem. Yeah he watches for the Masquerade and all, but if he spots a disease, he'll kill the patient, if you get what I'm saying. As for your plan, don't hesitate to try and cross people's paths (if they ever notice you did, that's no sure shot), it's all about making it work.

The Primogen takes the time to give a look to Marc and Dominique play a few shots ; despite Marc not being very good at the game, Dominique stays patient, while discussing what they consider idle hunting habits (Marc refers to it as Crusades). The monstrosity of feeding is only more shivering in how lightly they are talking about hunting prey to take their blood (good if they survive, but if they don't, oh well).
(Theodore) I.. admit I'm not the discrete kind either. He shrugs, no big deal, and crosses his fingers on the table, calm and cool. Between this and that, he says, eyeing to Griffin and Victoire, then Marc and Dominique, I heard a few unverified info. First, about some possible intrusion in l'Arquebusier and in the General Armoury (1), and I do hope the Tremere have nothing to do with that one ; I sent Franz over there to have a look on the factory and the retailer without Guicciardini knowing about it. On the other hand, the queen.. hm, Tarcisus being in town is a problem. I know my point of view is totally biased. If I could I would go and ask him what the fuck is he doing here but it would end badly and I want to avoid "the Tremere ire falling upon me", ha ! Thanks to the cute sorceress I do know where they'll be. Go meet the guy, if he's with Claudia, he won't try anything. Kersten has been telling bullshit too ; again, I'm subjective on the guy, so I can't really get what I want from him. Knowing his customs, he's probably in Saint Eloi. If you can step in there and talk to him, maybe you'll find out something that might help us all. It's always about how to ask, and I suck at that little exercice ! You both -you too, even though you're quite quiet for a Toreador- are on what could be his good side, you should have it easier. Plus, you both probably understand everything he says about technology and modern culture.

The Brujah sets his eyes on one, then the other vampire in front of him, slowly. Even though he speaks with a very informal language, it's clear everything he mentioned is deadly serious to him. He's letting either and both decide what could interest them. He has not stated yet where could Tarcisus be found. One good question could be why did Claudia tell him, if it's indeed his source as he has let understood.




(1) Arquebusier is a known weapon seller in center Bordeaux, of course it sells only hunting weapons. General Armoury, however, is on the Atlantic sea, quite far away, and it passes through Garou territory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 25
Location : Oklahomo

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:42 pm

Miriel smiles bashfully as if saying, 'Guilty as charged,' when Theo calls her 'quiet for a Toreador,' Yeah- I normally clam up while there are things of interest being discussed, she shrugs her shoulders slightly and continues, I didn't feel a need to interject. I was surprised, actually. Things of that sort of nature, she refers to Theo's proposition, are exactly why I'm here- She takes up her cigarette and lights it again.

She pauses to take a long drag on the cigarette, then smirks, smoke drifting slowly from her nose while she looks to Duncan, then Theo,
I'm in need of work. She seems to be mulling over with some interest what Theo has discussed, but seems to be taking some sort of conversational tangent, I came here wondering if you knew of anyone that had a dusty set of keys, or spare strings that I could play for pay, music being my 'Torrie thing.' She taps the ash from her cigarette, Pianos and Guitars don't make for light traveling while running around, so I don't own any. But, I need to find- Or buy, some now that I've settled into Bordeaux...

She smiles to Duncan, but is actually speaking to Theo, I'm a woman who finds her worth in work. She finally looks to Theo, as the tangent starts to become more conversation-specific, It chafes on me, that I have had to rely on the kindness of another for lodging in this city, and, being stubborn as I am, I am reluctant to seek out more help from my Primogen before I have repaid this first favor.

She puffs thoughtfully on her cigarette again, but interrupts herself, smoke billowing out with her first few excited words, I am even MORE reluctant, though, to ask the others if they have work they need doing- She says to Theo, aside, I haven't exactly made the best impression with Alicia, and I am certain that the others balk at any kind of work that isn't elegant or intellectual or time-consuming. I'm not an arts and crafts type. I don't balance books, she extinguishes her cigarette, reclaiming her calm, Frankly, being stuck indoors makes me antsy, Duncan can probably attest to this when I called him first thing this evening.

She continues, I'm not the strongest (yeah, no surprise,) or the stealthiest person, but I can do talking. If you need another body for this, count me in. She takes a small pad of paper and a pen from her pocket and jots something down for Theo, Hell, if you can think of anything else, or know of someone that can help with my music situation, shoot me an email. She tears the page and passes it to him, I don't have my own phoneline, but I do have internet access, and an email of my own. I'm Miriel, by the way. She smirks, having finally made introductions. So much for the 'quiet' impression.

Since she still has the floor, she speaks aside in a whispered voice,
Duncan, Theo:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:09 pm

Duncan listens through Theodore's offer and Miri's reply, with a thoughtful look on his face.

We can meet this Tarcisus guy and see if he'll tell us anything, although I doubt he'll reveal his evil plot to a casual acquaintance, even if I have met his grandchilde, Claudia. Still, he might find it amusing to hint at something, if he thinks we're too young to understand what he's talking about. Not sure what excuse I'll make for being there, but we'll make something up.

Kersten is another matter... I think he'll know we're fishing for information. But maybe we can ask enough questions that he won't know exactly what we're curious about. Also, I've noticed that he tends to throw a little truth in with the lies, to keep you guessing... maybe you can figure out his true meaning when we report back.

Then Duncan glances at Miri, with a wry expression on his face.
You're probably right to include Miri in this. Aside from the Toreador 'gift of conversation', having her along might make it seem more like a chance encounter, rather than me being sent by my Primogen to ferret out information. At least if she's with me, I know she won't show up by surprise. He looks back at Theodore, with a pointed look. And if Kersten gets mad and makes one of us dance like a monkey... well, that will give the other a chance to run.

In a low voice to match (or tease?) Miri's, Duncan will add something extra:
Theo, Miri:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Theodore observes both neonates with a smile. He shows a genuine interest and curiosity, but he looks away when Gregory Darvault is mentioned, betraying either a certain uneasiness or a grudge against the Toreador Primogen, and by extension, the instruments the Toreador is mentioning.
(Theodore) I don't look at Pole-Emploi (1) so I really don't know about if someone is looking for a musician.. I mean, do you see Marc here going and tell me "Yo Theo, I need a pianist for when I break bones, care to present me.." ? Yeah exactly.
He laughs about it, then smiles widely. Marc gives the Primogen a look meaning he shouldn't be taken as a reference for a joke, but Theodore ignores it royally. The Brujah takes Miri's email with no more formality, checks it, then folds it to keep it under his fingers.
(Theodore) If I have nothing better to do... Theodore, but I don't mind nicknames. You know, we're not very numerous, so usually we each mind our own business with mortals on our little sphere of influence. However, not abusing your Primogen is worth some vague respect. He pauses an instant, and sets his eyes on the Toreador for his next words. Keeping a sense of honor and principles will cripple you short term, if you stay on the tracks and deal with that voice in your head. However, it's what we all should work on, as a long term plan.
The Brujah takes the time to observe a little again around him, blinking a couple of times out of a certain habit.
(Theodore) Don't consider this a job, or me sending two younger kids out for a test. I don't believe in that shit. Hell, even Gosuin never finished those precious Ventrue tasks. Sure back at the time, Roland used to give me a whole bunch of random missions (mostly raising Anarch troops, that ended pretty badly too) which I gladly did out of fun and for my own agenda (well yes, of course, what did you expect ?). Miriel, Duncan, both of you do whatever you want to do. I'll certainly not tell you not to go, or that you have to go. I think you both should, and not only because it serves my purposes. I usually take the hardest path around.. Or maybe is it that it's because it's my chosen path that it turns hard ?
He takes a pause, the time to take back a certain seriousness in his position, voice and face. He had tried to explain things the lightest way, but even reality can come back and hurt like a bitch. It's like if he wanted to avoid Miri and Duncan face the reality of the problem, by having it as idle as possible. The Tremere subject, for Theodore it seems, is something that can take all humor away.
(Theodore) Tarcisus was the most sensible to tradition and protocol, their meanings and ends, even more so than Hélène. I don't know, the guy just never understood how was the world around him, his Clan lost it all in the Industrial Revolution. Twice ! I think something got to his dusty brain. Frankly, I bet everything he will know that your encounter was not a chance, but then again, the guy is intelligent enough not to try anything. He barely avoided a Blood Hunt along with the rest of the Clan... And if Claudia told me the truth, she'll probably help you make up an excuse (and the old man loves too much his kid to doubt her). As for Kersten, I don't know. People tend to overestimate him, but I admit it's weird to have a happy Tremere for once. As you said, yes, he probably slips in a truth or two, but I just don't listen to the words he speaksanymore. Reading between the lines is not my forte, yet I know that certain things are better left alone. Kersten trying to get on my nerves is probably one of those things !

Theodore takes the paper with Miri's email and puts it into the inside pocket of his leather vest, and leans a little closer to the neonates as they speak lower. He matches their tone with a little deeper, worried voice.

Miri, Duncan:
 




(1) Pole-Emploi is where unemployed people go to get a job, a certain training, and where they get their unemployment money.


Last edited by Claudia on Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:53 am

Duncan will smile at Theo's joke, about needing a musician as backup for a brawl. But when he talks about keeping a sense of honor and duty, Duncan is not laughing... he merely nods at Theodore's statement.

However, when the Primogen tells Duncan that he and Miri don't have to go see the Tremere if they don't want to, Duncan shrugs.


Might as well... I don't have much else to do right now. I'm in.

Duncan looks over at Miri.
What about you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 25
Location : Oklahomo

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Miri struggles to not smile while Theodore rips on the ridiculous idea of Marc needing jaunty tunes to break faces to. She musters her best serious face and nods instead, showing she understands completely. An amused smirk still escapes. Seriousness returns to her features as he passes his wisdom about honor being a struggle to maintain in the short term, but the best goal in the long run.

Miriel looks to Duncan and smiles. Her thoughts linger, though, on what Theo has said about visiting Tarcisus.

Duncan, Perception 2:
 

When Duncan asks if Miri's in, she replies with a far away tone of voice, We may need to see a jeweler... One may assume her mind is already made up.

Miri stands from the table and looks to Theo,
Duncan and I will discuss the particulars of our approach before heading out. She smiles pleasantly to him, We'll do our very best, but cannot resist joking morbidly before departing, It was good knowing you, Theo.

She looks to Duncan, impressing a tone of collectedness in her voice upon him, I'll be at one of the tables, outside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:55 am

Theodore smiles to the reaction he created, satisfied that neonates have still their humor and a certain joy, despite their new life... Unlife.

(Theodore) I'm sure everybody will behave and bit their tongues, than that cunt Lyle will be honest, serious and straight, that nobody will be hungry and that everything will happen smoothly, with everybody's best feelings.. Yeah I'll pray for your souls ! No offense to your kind, eh ? He addresses someone else, probably Griffin and Dominique, the first one giving a look and the second moving his hand as if he didn't care. Hold on.
The Brujah stands, satisfied. He takes from his pocket the papers he got earlier and moves to the desk to grab some paper. He doodles something on it, eyeing the letter a few times. He writes something more, like instructions or advises. He then comes back to give the paper to Duncan. While this, Griffin takes Victoire's hand a few seconds as a salute, stands up, and after a polite but discrete body movement to salute the kindred he crosses (he doesn't interrupt conversations, but he doesn't want to engage them either), leaves the room to go downstairs after putting back on the jacket and hat. Theodore makes a quick hand wave in response.
(Theodore) Here, they should be around there. Ah, if you -are- going to Saint Eloi, get your nerves ready and give me a call beforehand. I avoid the place out of habit, but it's not garou territory either. But better me knowing where you both are, just in case !.. I think.. I recall something about tonight's date.. Bah, probably not important.



perception 3, empathy 2, conscience 4:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:57 pm

A tall, gangly, and fairly weathered-looking figure approaches the club from the dark night of the Bordeaux streets. His longish dark blond hair is unkempt and looks as though it hasn't seen a comb in months, and the rough stubble on his craggy face seems darker than it should for someone so fair featured. His clothing is worn and slightly tattered: a pair of dark cargo pants, hiking boots, and an old SAS t-shirt with thermal beneath. Yet despite his fairly average and tired appearance, there is something truly appealing about the man known in Kindred circles as Chriss. A smoldering cigarette is clenched between his lips as he seems to appraise the front venue of El Bodegon before finally committing himself to actually approaching. His olive eyes search the night, flicking from person to person as though assessing threat levels. At the sight of some overtly boisterous woman in too much leather and chains ranting about patriarchal society in the modern world, he visibly sneers and quickly passes as though disgusted.

Upon making his entrance into the club, his eyes quickly rifle through the crowd until finally setting on Suzanne, whom he calmly approches.


"Theo here?"

Though genial in his demeanor, anyone with more than 1 dot in any perceptive trait would notice that Chriss is slightly impatient and on edge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: El Bodegon   Today at 7:27 am

Back to top Go down
 
El Bodegon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 20Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next
 Similar topics
-
» El Bodegon

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Roleplaying Vampire: The Masquerade :: Roleplaying Area :: City Elysiums-
Jump to: