Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

(Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast Empty
PostSubject: (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast   (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:31 pm

TV guy goes like: "Bloody smears. Torn to ribbons. Murder. Murder. Murder."
I may be wrong but I think it's Malkavian text.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast   (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:24 pm

At what point of the game did this start happening? I thought we disabled that.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast   (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:51 pm

From the beginning, almost. I have been in and out of Heaven a few times... Before Warehouse.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast   (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:45 pm

There is a completely different file for the Malk Newscaster. I didn't know that when we edited the dialogs. Well I had seen the file, but I thought it was only the tuna sequence, and that should have been disabled, as it's called in the python.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast   (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:36 pm

Do you know which python file it's in so I can disable it?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast   (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:48 pm

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!! I can't figure out how to disable it! Mad
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast   (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:03 am

Zer0,
I've looked into it. The tuna sequence is called in a function in vamputil.py. When I edited these things I set the story state to >150. So that should be taken care of.
For the other lines, I'll send you an email with the col_e.vcd files renamed to col_n.vcd from the archives.
Copy them to \vampire\sound\character\dlg\generic\newscaster. That should take care of it.

- geek

Edit: contact me if you didn't get the email. I had problems with my mailer.

Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast   (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:26 am

Did you send it to my hotmail account? I don't think I got it, I checked both my inbox and junk mail box. Either way, THANK YOU!!! I couldnt' figure out where they would be but now that you say the .vcd files, that makes total sense. I must've spent a good hour and a half last night (which is a long time for one problem on a work night, lol).

Once again, Childe saves the day! Idea
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast   (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:38 pm

Just posted them again. This time without trouble, so you should have them by now.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast   (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:53 pm

I got 'em but I don't know where to put them. I extracted the sound files from every .pak file and ran a search on malk and still can't find them. How in the world did you find these, and WHERE did you find these?
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast   (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 7:27 am

Apparently the Madness Network as only a Malkavian has found them so far Laughing
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast   (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:09 pm

8people wrote:
Apparently the Madness Network as only a Malkavian has found them so far Laughing
Where else would you expect to find malkavian lines? Cool

Where I found them? Well, I have a full install with all the archives unpacked solely for the purpose of looking into files the patch has not unpacked on my hd. That is where I look whenever I need something special like this one.
The path is: \vampire\sound\character\dlg\generic\newscaster
You probably have to create most of the directories manually, as these files usually don't get unpacked either by the normal install or by the patch, unless there are some dlg changes. Don't bother looking for the actual mp3s, you only need the vcds.
What I did was only looking into the directory with the newscaster files and search for col_n, which is malk text.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast   (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 4:05 pm

You're the best, I'll fix this when I get home.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast   (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 10:08 pm

Ok now I see where they were. Now that you've shown me it all makes sense! Thanks again man, I don't know if I could've found these, heh.

PS: Do you know what triggers these to play if you're Malk?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast   (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 6:55 am

Just found it while searching the archives for something else. There are files called "newscaster_whatever.txt" and "radioloop.txt" in \vdata\system\
These files set the conditions and paths for the radio and the newscaster sounds. Probably never got unpacked because Wesp doesn't do changes there.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast   (Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast Empty

Back to top Go down

(Fixed) Malkavian lines in Tv broadcast
Page 1 of 1