Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NPC teachers

Go down 
+4
Feral
Claudia
Jad.3
Childe of Malkav
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

NPC teachers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPC teachers   NPC teachers - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 6:57 am

It actually is not a bad idea, in PnP you pay more for level 6 discipline; given how powerful level 5 in Bloodlines is (Dominate, Thanatosis,...) - well, not a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: NPC teachers   NPC teachers - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 4:31 am

Oh look, Zer0's back, the question stands Smile Where're we at?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: NPC teachers   NPC teachers - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Well, now after playing TFN for a while, I have done some more thinking on this subject.
I really don't mind the higher xp cost for disciplines, but lowering the starting xp for abilities really annoys me. And that for two reasons:
-first, learning something completely new is more difficult than trying to improve very basic knowledge to a moderate level. So if the costs for a dot should be reduced, then rather the second one than the first.
-second, if the first point costs less than the second, it doesn't even make sense to divide the dots in the 2 dot area of character creation on two abilities..

But to come back to the original topic, the npc teachers. I haven't tested if it's possible, but it shouldn't be a problem. What if we don't raise the ability, but the feat. Then we can forego the cap, and it does not matter, when the character visits the teacher.
It would give players who want their character to be a real expert in one field an additional bonus, while on the other hand force them to spend the xp (or in case of CE college courses too) for all five dots. And characters who only need moderate skills in a certain feat don't have to rise the attributes and abilities so much.
For the college, I'm thinking about 45 courses with one course being the equivalent of 3 xp right now. The books would be 44 courses.
So the only real advantage of the college is that you can freely choose where to use the "bought" xp. And of course I can use the items for other things.

On a related issue, I'm also thinking about changes on the occult items. Removing bonus dots in abilities and attributes, and instead making some more specialized boni. Perhaps a longer bloodloss time. Or the ability to withstand certain types of damage better. If it is possible, owning the "braid of the eagle" could allow the player to focus the view, similar to the zoom on the Steyr or the SWAT rifle. Things like this.

Comments and further ideas what to do with the occult items are welcome. Also, should I change the removed books into sellable items without real use, or keep them back until I have an idea how to use them for possible new quests?

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: NPC teachers   NPC teachers - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:05 pm

Keep them so you could use them later
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NPC teachers   NPC teachers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NPC teachers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Camarilla Edition Forum :: Post Your Ideas-
Jump to: