Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses

Go down 
+4
ThePhilosopher
Kaiva
Childe of Malkav
akooma
8 posters
AuthorMessage
akooma
Fledgling
Fledgling

Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses Empty
PostSubject: Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses   Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi,

I was playing with the ideas lately to been able to track your human prey in vtbm.

I remember using auspex 1 to the p&p to track the scent of potential prey.
Heightened Senses [1]: Raise one of your five sense to superhuman levels.

I know the auspex in vtmb is all about Aura Perception but it would still be nice if possible that human and supernatual could leave some kind of scent trail that would disipate eventually. It would be only visible with auspex on. It could tip you that a juicy human is walking a not so safe alley and he is just asking to be your late night lunch. Since you can see people aura throught wall, it may be nice if the scent trail can stay on long enough that you may track people that was beyond you aura perception range.

I got no modding experience what so ever, so I got no ideas if it possible or not. I got some python programming experience and but my photoshop and blend are abyssal... for the least. haha. I should try to improve my stick figure first Razz

So basicly, I think it would be nice to incorporate in some way the sense of smell into tracking prey.

Ok, mabey not to the point that you may puke if you feed on bum with aupex on Wink and imagine how it would be if you got a heightened senses of smell for the Brotherhood of the nine cricle questline.

Thanks for reading !

Akooma
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses   Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 7:50 pm

Hi akooma,

welcome to the forum.

That idea sounds interesting, but I don't have anyidea how to adapt it to the game. And there is another problem: If in p&p Auspex 1 allows for one sense to be hightened, why should it be smell for everybody and any circumstances? Perhaps other players prefer hightened (scopelike) sight, so it's easier for them to target their enemy with a scopeless gun. Other situations might call for better feeling to find the outlines of a hidden door, or more acute hearing as a general warning sense, or to help with lockpicking.
And the game just doesn't allow for such a diversified discipline use.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Kaiva
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses   Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 10:01 pm

Well maybe if Resurgence works...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses   Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 4:42 am

Yep, I'll be along any minute now.

-Godot
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses   Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 9:51 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Yep, I'll be along any minute now.

-Godot

I lol'd IRL
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses   Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 11:54 pm

Ha! I'm not holding my breath for Resurgence either (although it sounds like it would be cool, and lead to new content).

I'm not even holding my breath for the WODMMO anymore. I'll play it when it comes out, but I'm not expecting too much -- that way if it's good, it will be a pleasant surprise.
Back to top Go down
Kaiva
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses   Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 9:40 am

Gah that MMO's gonna kill WoD. It'll just be grinding and... well actually that's all there really is to an MMO. Well and horrible "communities". A whole generation's gonna grow up and see anything White Wolf to be no more than a WoW spin-off.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses   Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:01 am

Hy you are talking about the guys who made eve online ! Careful ;-) eve is not filled with Kevin kikoolol roflmao leet.
Back to top Go down
akooma
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses   Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 5:26 am

I trust CCP to be able to make something different, Eve Online is nothing like any other MMO I played before. I guess my favorite up to date, if you are into spaceship and losing all your stuff. lol If WoD is as ruthless and imaginative as Eve Online, it may not be the most popular game, but it can be a great game. Now, they need to release the game before they go bankrupt.

"I just hope they fix the lag and 0.0 is a big empty space until too late"
Back to top Go down
Ragnos
Neonate
Neonate
Ragnos

PostSubject: Re: Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses   Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:21 am

It certainly would be interesting to see if a WoD mmo would work. I can see it working in theory but if it attracts people like some of my WoW playing mates who only enjoy a game like that to get more gear and thats about it, i dont think it would be fun.

My idea of mmorpg is one that focuses on the story being told rather than grinding and gear getting. Dont get me wrong that stuff has its place but it should be more about role playing than anything else
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses   Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:45 am

I agree. That's why I have hopes that the WODMMO will be good, but I'm not letting my hopes get too high until I play the game... maybe two years from now, it looks like.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses   Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 4:47 am

I wouldn't be too hopeful either. We, who are able to scrifice high end graphics for a good story are a minority.
And apart from the story, what always brings me back to bloodlines is the limited equipment. I just dont like having a set of weapons and armor consisting of at least ten pieces, with every single one of them influencing 10 or more stats. I always end up spending more time calculating armor stats than actual playing. And then I get annoyed -- and come back to bloodlines Twisted Evil

- geek
Back to top Go down
Ragnos
Neonate
Neonate
Ragnos

PostSubject: Re: Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses   Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 4:53 am

Agreed Childe, thats what annoys me about most modern games. Spending all you time collecting weapons and armor, and if you dont most people wont let you in multiplayer groups because your character is not "optimum"

Gimmie bloodlines any day Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses   Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:04 pm

That's why i LOVE single player rpg games. Bloodlines,Fable 1, Oblivion, Kotor... you don't have to share a world with millions of mindless idiots, it's yours and yours alone. You don't have to grind to get better itens to survive at pvp 'n' stuff.

Unfortunately, i think in the future there will be less and less single player rpg games due to the great profit margin of MMO subscribtion.
Back to top Go down
GabrielvonRichter
Neonate
Neonate
GabrielvonRichter

PostSubject: Re: Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses   Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:12 pm

If it was policed and enforced properly (you know, like an actual Camarilla domain....) I think a WoD MMORPG could be a blast.

If it's not, it'll be more like everything was run by the Anarchs- no law and order, no accountability, just chaos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses   Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses Empty

Back to top Go down

Tracking your prey - Heightened Senses
Page 1 of 1