Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Five senses

Go down 
+5
Childe of Malkav
Duncan.Oliver
Eliza
Claudia
simison
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
simison
Elder
Elder
simison

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 1:14 pm

Good writing involves using words to engage in all the senses. Sure, it's easy to say something looks cool, dark, or something else. It's another thing to be able to actually describe it while maintaining that feel.

Which brings me to this. To give my character, Jerome, a little more life, I picked a clip that features another vampire who sounds exactly like Jerome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXA9MgvGcc4&feature=related

Whenever Jerome speaks, imagine hearing Crispin Freeman's voice (Alucard). Smile
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 1:16 pm

Alright, good idea !

<3 Jerome Smile

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 1:52 pm

"Damen und Herren, we will move forward wis or planns for se impanding woor und for se woor beond sett und se woor beond sett und se neckst und se neckst."

Daaaaaaamn you, simison, now I've got that lousy German accent stuck in my head! (It's sad that there's no 'th' I can make into a 'se' in 'damn you'. Would've had a nice touch.)
Now I'll always have this guy in mind while reading one of your posts. Reversible psychology, anybody?

lol!
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 2:12 pm

Really? I was picturing Jerome more as the scrawny kid from 'That 70's Show'. (joking) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:23 pm

Eliza,
sen say somesing else sen damn you.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:55 pm

Is it ze ack-sent times?
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:46 am

I don't know... rather than the Alucard voice being stuck in my head, like Eliza, I just can't picture that voice with the words from the Elysium forum. I guess I'm more visual.

Speaking of which, I've been looking for a decent Avatar for Duncan. He's a little taller than Theodore, about 8cm. The one I have is close to what I want, and I fuzzed it a bit so the features weren't real distinct; But I'm not sure I'm totally happy with it. I may try to find another picture/drawing that fits better.

When I picture Theodore and Duncan talking in Elysium, I get the image of a battle axe next to a longsword... Theodore shorter but more threatening, Duncan taller and less muscular, but both with an aura of -- Strength? Readiness? I don't know how to describe it. Duncan is not the stereotypical 'rabble' Brujah, but he doesn't look uncomfortable around Theodore; although he was half-expecting a test of strength when they shook hands.

Sorry; I'm just thinking out loud. But getting the right visual image helps me with the mental characterization.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:16 am

I guess I picture Duncan as Booth from the Bones series

The Five senses 18758695
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:39 am

I thought about that; but he's a little too pretty. Smile

Maybe a David Boreanaz who's a little less handsome, and with eyes like Daniel Craig's (James Bond). I guess I could find a good pic of him, and Photoshop it a little. Hmm...

Speaking of eyes, that lady in the pic, Emily Deschanel, and her sister Zooey, both have beautiful blue eyes.

Also: Since Bordeaux is based on a LARP, I suspect that Claudia looks amazingly like a certain lady who was in those videos of Bordeaux that you posted. Although surely that must be a doppelganger, since vampire Claudia would be bursting into flame. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:45 am

I don't think Booth is handsome, but I'm used to very handsome men ^^

Yeah, kind of, but when I filmed I was not wearing make up and was dressed like a douche Wink
But it's her, I mean, it's A RITUAL :p

I'll try taking a good picture of myself to show you my "Claudia" side and how I portrayed her during the Larps. oh, and Claudia doesn't wear glasses (I had my contacts on for the LARP)

I'll try also making a couple of videos about Claudia sending her regards and news of Bordeaux to her "granpa Tarcisus" :p
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:54 am

She could have been a ghoul before her embrace Laughing
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:05 am

I don't think she could have filmed herself in the 1900's Wink

About Claudia's voice, mine is just SO wrong (and renders so bad on a video camera), the one voice I liked for her (approuved by the guy who pulled up her character) is the one from this awesome song

Yep, Claudia is not my creation, when I entered the setting they told me "Hey I want you to play the Regent's Childe", and I was like "Seriously ? I mean, you're casting on me a Tremere ?", then I got her BG and "Oo I mean, WTF have you smoked to pull up this kind of character ?" "you should read the Regent's BG". And so I understood why theses guys take a weekly trip to Maastricht. But the damn setting DOES work.
And that's why the Regent is played by a Doctor in psychology. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:06 am

Nah, I thought about that, but the Backgrounds say Claudia was Embraced at the end of the 19th century. Not that I know this yet In Character.

Edit. -- Beat me to it. Very Happy

Edited Edit. -- And there's nothing wrong with your voice in those videos! Everyone's voice sounds different to them than it does to others.

Last edited by Duncan.Oliver on Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:08 am

It's a ritual I tell ya Wink
Back to top Go down
simison
Elder
Elder
simison

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:00 am

*sees all of the German accent-focus* Curses, if only there was an English clip featuring Alucard and the Queen's meeting.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:26 am

No worries about the accent, I mean, it's not like.. it's not like the english dubs were good for Anime Very Happy

(Man, except for Samurai Champloo's English and French dubs, I think everything else can burn)

I'll try to get other voices for some NPCs, but I might use songs rather than dubs Wink

Edit : According to Lyle's player, Lyle's voice could be Grissom's, from CSI Smile
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:10 am

I always liked Grissom's name. It sounds like a muppet's kind of name. O:

As for Miri's voice, I've presented her as polite for now, but in actuality, she's kind of a ball-breaker. In good fun, though.

Her voice is like Brody Dalle's, because Brody and I share a deep-voiced-woman kinship, and I'd like to carry that on in a character. Here's a video that shows the voice and possible mannerisms of Miri when she's around people she's comfortable kidding around with.

Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:52 pm

I would have bet on that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:47 pm

I'm curious, which voice would you all assign to me/Victor?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 3:44 pm

To me Victor would have a very young version of Hugh Laurie's voice. As much emphasis, mimics and look.

(Hugh Laurie is the guy who plays House but he's been active for quite some time now)
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Claudia wrote:
To me Victor would have a very young version of Hugh Laurie's voice. As much emphasis, mimics and look.

A more intelligent and slightly vicious Bertie Wooster, with a crazy streak. LOL I can picture that, during his conversation with Jerome.
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:31 pm

Claudia wrote:

(Hugh Laurie is the guy who plays House but he's been active for quite some time now)
Duncan.Oliver wrote:
A more intelligent and slightly vicious Bertie Wooster, with a crazy streak. LOL I can picture that, during his conversation with Jerome.
I'll take it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:21 am

.. I have to hang myself.

About three years ago, when we were working on the setting and we were creating Lyle Kersten, we had to make him fit to the player (who is now my fiancé), physically speaking we meant. The guy is 1m90 (what, 6 feet or so) and has big bones (the guy survived all heavy metal concerts of the late 80's and 90's, and he was not of the passive ones !). Not a body builder like our pal Zer0, just big stamina. And he has long, curly hair, brown eyes, and wears well the suit (big shoulders help)

When I first met him, I pointed, and said "let your hair down !" (cause men with long hair look way cooler if the hair is not tied). And then.. I realised...
"you look like Weird Al Oo".
Besides, the very first night of the LARP, he arrived late, in flipflops, shorts, a hawaian shirt, sunglasses, earphones, and two luggages. (he just got off a plane, which explained everything). So we were all already playing, and he made his entrance. The silence.. The player is very smart, so he went like "Oh Vienna is so nice during Spring !".

So, by the laws of physics, our Regent.. looks like Weird Al Yankovic.

The Five senses Ce41e829-85cb-4178-811f-e31f121cbad2

And now I can't imagine something else than The Regent saying "it's all about the pentiums baby"..

Please, Kill me !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:06 am

Hey, Weird Al is a musical genius! Two videos will forever ensure his place in history: "Fat", the parody of Michael Jackson's 'Bad"; and "The Saga Begins", about Star Wars Episode I (his video was more entertaining than the movie!!).

1m90 (fiance) is 6 foot 3 inches. 2m0 (Regent Kersten) is 6 foot 7 inches. Today, 6' 3" is tall. Several hundred years ago, 6' 7" was a CIRCUS FREAK!! Not that anyone would tell this to the Regent, of course.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:12 am

Note to self: Don't have the Regent killed, or Claudia will have me killed for murdering her fiance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Five senses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Five senses   The Five senses Empty

Back to top Go down

The Five senses
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next