Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Assamite ?

Go down 
+3
akooma
Childe of Malkav
Helm
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Helm
Neonate
Neonate
Helm

Assamite ? Empty
PostSubject: Assamite ?   Assamite ? EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:32 am

Shouldn't they be able to feed from other vampires or is it a game engine limitation ?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Assamite ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite ?   Assamite ? EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:33 am

Well, first there is a limitation: either everybody can feed from somebody, or noone. It's set for the npc, not for the pc.

And imagine entering the chantry with a diablerist's aura. I belive Strauss would organize an appointment with the princes personal hairdresser faster than you can sey blood.

- geek
Back to top Go down
akooma
Fledgling
Fledgling

Assamite ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite ?   Assamite ? EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:54 am

I wish I could diablorise Lacroix at the end of the game. I am sure I could put his blood (*Soul, for what it worth*) to a better use. Thinking about it, I may need a shower and a pretty good tooth brush after that. Berk. I really learn to despire this character. I really wish you could get some main quest from another character than Lacroix.

Even when I make a PC pro-cami, it is impossible for me to side with this sad excuse of a slimy vampiric rodent. Wink
Back to top Go down
Helm
Neonate
Neonate
Helm

Assamite ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite ?   Assamite ? EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:57 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

And imagine entering the chantry with a diablerist's aura. I belive Strauss would organize an appointment with the princes personal hairdresser faster than you can sey blood.

- geek

If I recall correctly (been quite a while since I PnP'd) can't the Assamites mask the diablerist's aura ? As I say I could well be wrong
Back to top Go down
Kaiva
Fledgling
Fledgling

Assamite ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite ?   Assamite ? EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 1:22 pm

I thought all Assamites aura's always showed diablerie whether they've practiced it or not. Might be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Assamite ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite ?   Assamite ? EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 2:12 pm

Depends on the pen and paper edition you are talking about...
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Assamite ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite ?   Assamite ? EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:50 pm

Claudia wrote:
Depends on the pen and paper edition you are talking about...

For the Revised Edition all Assamite Warrior Caste shows black veins in their aurs, even if they never dreamed of Amaranth. Thar is, if my memory serves. To put LaCroix blood for better use... Again, what Generation is he?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Assamite ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite ?   Assamite ? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 5:19 am

Feral wrote:
.... To put LaCroix blood for better use... Again, what Generation is he?
Probably the same as the player character. He's just around as an undead for a little while longer. Afaik, that's the only reason why his dominate works on the pc when he sends you to the Dane or the museum, but not in the endgame when the pc is more experienced and stronger.
But in any case who wants to diablerize LaCroix and inherit his disciplines of "tantrum throwing", "arrogance", and "limitless selfimportance"?

- jocolor
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Assamite ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite ?   Assamite ? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:28 am

There are very very few canon "Belgian Ventrue Nobles". Actually, the joke around Liège (Belgium) is that it's Prince Gosuin who is Lacroix' Sire Very Happy
Because we didn't manage to find anyone else on our setting and on the offial BG...
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Assamite ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite ?   Assamite ? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:31 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:

Probably the same as the player character. He's just around as an undead for a little while longer. Afaik, that's the only reason why his dominate works on the pc when he sends you to the Dane or the museum, but not in the endgame when the pc is more experienced and stronger.

That would mean that either LaCroix is a high Generation Prince, which is very unlikely, because the Prince needs to have the raw power to hold a Domain, or the PC is of considerably low generation. Still above 7th, becouse lover ones allow advanced Discipline poewrs. But this is the only plausible explanation of Dominate-resistance indeed.

Childe of Malkav wrote:

But in any case who wants to diablerize LaCroix and inherit his disciplines of "tantrum throwing", "arrogance", and "limitless selfimportance"?
- jocolor
So he has only Presence? Laughing Lazy Prince, to neglect his other Disciplines so.

Claudia wrote:

There are very very few canon "Belgian Ventrue Nobles". Actually, the joke around Liège (Belgium) is that it's Prince Gosuin who is Lacroix' Sire

So which generation is he? Google doesn't seem to know. Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Assamite ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite ?   Assamite ? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:44 am

I've had 10th GEN Princes who had about 5 dots in their three clan disciplines, and they held on well ! Very Happy

Raw power is fine, but there is also allies, contacts, influences, ghouls and diplomacy.. It's all about being able to impose oneself and to be accepted as such. That and having those who want power hated enough by other kindred...

I'd guess Lacroix would be 9th or 8th, tops, after all, I can't think of an Elder with a low generation enough wanting to Embrace him, it could cause him trouble with the other Ventrue (hence sending him to the US to get rid of him ! XD)

As for the generation limitation with Dominate.. I couldn't imagine the Sire getting caught so easeiy and not fighting, if he wasn't high generation to begin with. I don't think Bloodlines ever made Generation important (that and failing to dominate the Voerman...). Maybe it's Caine's spell to have the PC immune to Lacroix's dominate ?
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Assamite ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite ?   Assamite ? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 8:56 pm

Experience counts for more than raw power, I think. Jack is 10th Gen, but he's over 400 years old, and nobody would call him a weakling... more than once, anyway. Smile As Claudia says, allies and influence, along with the sneakiness that comes with age, can make one more fit to rule than low generation. You don't have to be able to Dominate someone to make them do your bidding... in fact, reliance on Dominate is considered a sign of a weak Prince. [Yes, LaCroix would need to be 7th gen. to Dominate the Sheriff, who is no higher than 7th gen.; but a Blood Bond would have the same effect, be more reliable, and it's not dependent on generation.]

Except for the Sheriff and perhaps Strauss, I don't think anybody else in L.A. is 7th generation -- If Jeremy MacNeil, previous Anarch bigwig in L.A., was eighth gen., then I think Nines is no lower than 9th gen.. The balance of power in L.A. being what it is, all it would take is a low-generation wildcard (i.e. the PC) to tip the scales. I've stated my reasons in the past for believing that the character is 8th gen. (blood pool, etc.); which would make LaCroix at least 8th gen. also, if he can Dominate you. His failure to Dominate you at the end could be Elder interference (Caine or whoever), or maybe the character develops the Iron Will merit by the end of the game. However, with the Dominate powers being so dependent on the subject's Willpower, it's most likely that your Willpower just went up enough that he failed his Dominate roll, and he couldn't effect you.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Assamite ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assamite ?   Assamite ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Assamite ?
Page 1 of 1