Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Final Nights + Camarilla Edition

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

Final Nights + Camarilla Edition Empty
PostSubject: Final Nights + Camarilla Edition   Final Nights + Camarilla Edition EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 7:37 pm

Hu guys,

well I'm all new and stuff to the CE and FN mods. Didn't play this game for years and it looks like alot has changed. Now my question. Is it possible to have all mods merged (at least those that you guys work on as I have read the disclaimers before). I would love to have a full world with all clans/bloodlines. Maybe its already done and I'm too blind to find it in the changelogs or anything.

What should I install and whatnot? Alot of stuff has been going on and I wonder what to pick actually.

thnx
maik
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Final Nights + Camarilla Edition   Final Nights + Camarilla Edition EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 8:58 pm

kyoden wrote:
Hu guys,

well I'm all new and stuff to the CE and FN mods. Didn't play this game for years and it looks like alot has changed. Now my question. Is it possible to have all mods merged (at least those that you guys work on as I have read the disclaimers before). I would love to have a full world with all clans/bloodlines. Maybe its already done and I'm too blind to find it in the changelogs or anything.

What should I install and whatnot? Alot of stuff has been going on and I wonder what to pick actually.

thnx
maik

Merging them would be possible...but not a really worthwhile endeavor. Both of them are technical 'expansions' of the game, though with some differing ideas on gameplay, story, etc. Not to mention the fact that some things are impossible to accomplish in the game. Having more than seven clan options available? Nice idea, but it isn't going to happen.

As it is, you'll just want to choose either TFN or CE, and install it.
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Final Nights + Camarilla Edition   Final Nights + Camarilla Edition EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:21 pm

So what do I install now. Just the ce 1.4.5? And on another copy (rough with steam) one with fn 1.0? Are all additions from fn also implemented inted CE or do I have to tweak 2 different games ?
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Final Nights + Camarilla Edition   Final Nights + Camarilla Edition EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 11:00 pm

If you want both, you'll need to have two installs of the game. With the retail version(i.e installation from CDs), you install it once, then copy the 'Vampire - Bloodlines' folder(with the 'Activision' folder in Program files), and rename the copy to something like 'Vampire - The Final Nights'(or 'Vampire - Camarilla Edition' for CE). Then you'll just need to make a copy of your desktop shortcut(again renaming it to match the mod's name), and then right-click 'Properties'. Find the 'target' line, and change it to match the directory you edited. If you plan to install both of them on each of your installations, then you'd do the same for the first install. As for Steam, I don't know if you can copy that installation.

They do share similar features, but there are quite a few that TFN added. And I don't think that trying to add a feature from TFN into CE would work, unless one knew all of the files involved.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Final Nights + Camarilla Edition   Final Nights + Camarilla Edition EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:03 am

Hi,
welcome to the forum.

Maxus has said almost everything there is to say about the two mods. A complete merge between the two mods is impossible. And even if it were possible, there are too many features in the game mechanics that Zer0 and I don't agree on. So you will have to choose. But wait with the installation of CE! I have just finished the merge with the new Wesp patch. The complete version of CE 1.5 will be out this weekend. Though I can't tell the exact time yet. There are still some things to do.

- geek
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Final Nights + Camarilla Edition   Final Nights + Camarilla Edition EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 1:59 pm

Good to hear.

By any chance do you have an idea if this will be merged with the CQ mod? I just love to have one big thing which opens up plenty of new stuff than play through certain parts over and over to reach new content in a different mod. I've read that the Clan Quest mod has CE and everything included. Does CE have CQ included as well?, just too many mods and years of posts to skim through.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Final Nights + Camarilla Edition   Final Nights + Camarilla Edition EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 3:03 pm

I've been in contact with burgermeister. And 1.4 will most probably be the last CE version to be includued in CQM for two reasons.
First, the mods develop away from each other. Burgermeister uses the items from the poster quest for quest items in his quest. I have replaced the lore books by the e-mail college, and use these items for additional quest stuff. So it becomes increasingly difficult, if not impossible at all to merge the mods.
The other reason is, that the new tools discussed on PV seem to be rather promising. And then Burgermeister is more interested in developing new maps than merging mods.
Then there is another reason against further merging. This time from my end. Burger has included parts of Comp Mod in CQM. And I really don't approve of combining CE and Comp Mod.

CE does not include CQM, though I might ask burgermeister about including one or another of his quests in later CE versions. But a complete merge won't happen.

- geek

P.S.: If you think there are too many mods for bloodlines, look into Oblivion sometimes.... A very large haystack and very few needles to look for.
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Final Nights + Camarilla Edition   Final Nights + Camarilla Edition EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 2:03 pm

I wouldn't say impossible, but very unlikely to happen anytime soon. As burgermeister01 showed us even the creation of new maps is possible although we thought it wasn't. The community has developed this game a lot, since it was first released. Who knows what we can have in a year or two Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Final Nights + Camarilla Edition   Final Nights + Camarilla Edition EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 2:36 pm

Hm,
I know burger is very exited about this SDK affair. I will take a (probably short) break from modding now, after the release and do a playthroug or two without thinkng about further changes. Then I'll look into that as well. And as I stated before, the only part of cqm that I'm intersted in is some of the quests, and that only if they are a kind of quest that can be used by any clan. Maybe force you to change, if you either put your loyalty to either the Cam or the Anarchs, or piss both sides off. But it must be the player's choice. And it shouldn't deny the character more than one or two of the others. And under no circumstances at all will I include things from comp mod. Except perhaps embracing Heather, but without being able to use her as a companion.
Wait, now that I'm writing this, I have another idea, why not do an "emergence embrace" after the Sabbat got her in Hallowbrook. And then go from there directly to Griffith park and the bloodhunt? Drop her off at Isaak's, perhaps. He should understand... And then he sends me looking for Nines... endgame continues as usual. Just with the choice for the anarchs already done.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Final Nights + Camarilla Edition   Final Nights + Camarilla Edition EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 3:16 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

Wait, now that I'm writing this, I have another idea, why not do an "emergence embrace" after the Sabbat got her in Hallowbrook. And then go from there directly to Griffith park and the bloodhunt? Drop her off at Isaak's, perhaps. He should understand... And then he sends me looking for Nines... endgame continues as usual. Just with the choice for the anarchs already done.

- geek
That sounds like quite a bright idea. Moral choices give the game its flavor. But there should be some strong incentive to let her die ( and take appropriete Humanity hit ) , so there is a choice.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Final Nights + Camarilla Edition   Final Nights + Camarilla Edition EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 6:58 pm

Feral wrote:
That sounds like quite a bright idea. Moral choices give the game its flavor. But there should be some strong incentive to let her die ( and take appropriete Humanity hit ) , so there is a choice.
You're right about the choice. The problem is, that the player knows more than the character. The character only knows what happened to his/her sire, not that the bloodhunt is coming in any case. But the player does...
But we have enough time to think about it anyways. Before I start modding again, I want to play a bit without running tests at the same time, or digging in the files...

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Final Nights + Camarilla Edition   Final Nights + Camarilla Edition EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:45 pm

Indulge yourselve! You earned it damn hard... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Nights + Camarilla Edition   Final Nights + Camarilla Edition Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Nights + Camarilla Edition
Page 1 of 1