Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Camarilla Edition 1.2 German?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HirnTot
Fledgling
Fledgling
HirnTot

Camarilla Edition 1.2 German? Empty
PostSubject: Camarilla Edition 1.2 German?   Camarilla Edition 1.2 German? EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 8:55 am

Hey, I downloaded the mod yesterday. i think its really nice etc., but is there a possibility to play it on german or does something like this already exist?

sry 4 bad english

hope 4 a quick answer Razz
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla Edition 1.2 German?   Camarilla Edition 1.2 German? EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 9:54 am

Currently the mod is only available in english. I guess it depends if the mod makers can get it translated while working on it - can be quite a challenge especially if there are deadlines or a fair bit of fixing required.

Will have to see if one of the people working on it plans on translating it I guess.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla Edition 1.2 German?   Camarilla Edition 1.2 German? EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:59 pm

Hi,

as I'm the german and right now probably more or less the only one working on CE, I'd say no chance. I'm glad I can play this game in the original version. I've had too much trouble with very bad translations of other games.
And it would involve really a lot of work I don't want to do. It would require building it into the german version of the unofficial patches, going through all the changed dialoges, and rewriting every description of the new disciplines. You can't just translate it word by word, That is what is done for most of the german versions of games and it only leads to confusion, bad translations etc.

Sorry to be so blunt, but I'm really really pissed by bad german versions of some games I played, so I've never ever even looked into a german version of Vampire, and I don't plan on doing so, because I fear, the translation is as bad as any I've seen before and it would drive the whole fun out of the game for me.

- geek
Back to top Go down
HirnTot
Fledgling
Fledgling
HirnTot

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla Edition 1.2 German?   Camarilla Edition 1.2 German? EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 4:57 pm

too bad.

but the mod is still great Wink
and thx 4 the quick answer
Back to top Go down
Usender User
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla Edition 1.2 German?   Camarilla Edition 1.2 German? EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:32 am

Hello guys,

sorry for digging up this thread, but i didn´t want to open a new one for my question.
After a long Bloodlines abstinence I plan starting a new game with your interesting modification. At my last game i was quite fond of the german translated unofficial patch (unfortunately i can´t remember the version back then). Now i wonder if i can install the current version of CE, then the german translated pendant of the patch CE uses, without serious issues? I mean i can live with occasional text mish mash but do i have to expect bugs, logic errors and the like?

Thanks in advance:-)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla Edition 1.2 German?   Camarilla Edition 1.2 German? EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:36 am

You cannot mix different patches/mods. Bloodlines modding always involves changes to the actual game files, so if you install one mod, and then copy another one on top of it, files from the original game and both mods get mixed up. The result being any number of unpredictable effects.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla Edition 1.2 German?   Camarilla Edition 1.2 German? EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 7:07 am

The problem with language patches, even if it's just the dialogue subtitles, is that the filesx containing the dialogue text also contain all different actions linked to it as well as all the conditions (like, you can't tell Bertram about finding out Knox lied if you don't know Knox lied). Many mods change those, both the conditions, the results, and sometimes the dialogues themselves.

I've tried to talk about it with the modders for years, in a way to separate the text from the actions (give item, set quest to X, get liked by Therese/Jeanette), but it's unlikely to be possible.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla Edition 1.2 German?   Camarilla Edition 1.2 German? Empty

Back to top Go down

Camarilla Edition 1.2 German?
Page 1 of 1