Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A few minor things for Zer0 to look into

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

A few minor things for Zer0 to look into Empty
PostSubject: A few minor things for Zer0 to look into   A few minor things for Zer0 to look into EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 5:16 pm

- Danielle the girl from Asylum you can send to Vandall disappears if you have sent Patty from Confession, and now visit Asylum before you met Vandall, and ended the quest. You have to edit SM py:
def populateOffice(): last block
if(G.Vandal_Quest == 3 and not G.Patty_SM == 1):

-Check the Osebo Loading tip. Last sentence must read ...pass-time..., not past-time.

-Seems there is an error in the Confession doll dialog. I got turned down by her, and when I reengaged the dialog, she was seduced. Sorry didn't find the right line here...

-Prince dialog 1: Is it intended that you can ask about the Primogen before setting out to the Dane? Line 377
If this is not intended, add the condition and G.Story_State > 10

-Venus dialog. To get the additional amount of money for high haggling right according to story state, change the entry in lines 391, 393, 395, and 397 to: pc.MoneyAdd((G.Story_State - G.Pay_Base) * 2) (*4 *8 *16)

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: A few minor things for Zer0 to look into   A few minor things for Zer0 to look into EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 2:45 pm

Quote :
- Danielle the girl from Asylum you can send to Vandall disappears if you have sent Patty from Confession, and now visit Asylum before you met Vandall, and ended the quest. You have to edit SM py:

I'm confused on what you're saying here, sorry.

Quote :
-Check the Osebo Loading tip. Last sentence must read ...pass-time..., not past-time.

I googled the word and it's spelled pastime, so I need to change that.

Quote :
-Seems there is an error in the Confession doll dialog. I got turned down by her, and when I reengaged the dialog, she was seduced. Sorry didn't find the right line here...

I will need to try to replicate the issue so I can see what you mean, I've never encountered this bug before so I'll have to see it so I can fix it.

Quote :
-Prince dialog 1: Is it intended that you can ask about the Primogen before setting out to the Dane? Line 377

I looked this up and see what you're talking about. Would it make sense to not allow this line to be spoken until after the Dane quest?

Quote :
-Venus dialog. To get the additional amount of money for high haggling right according to story state, change the entry in lines 391, 393, 395, and 397 to: pc.MoneyAdd((G.Story_State - G.Pay_Base) * 2) (*4 *8 *16)

This is working as intended. Lines 332-335 is dependent on your Haggle giving you additional money depending on your Haggle score.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: A few minor things for Zer0 to look into   A few minor things for Zer0 to look into EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 2:51 pm

I just fixed the misspelling of past-time changing it to pastime. This will be updated in TFN 1.3.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: A few minor things for Zer0 to look into   A few minor things for Zer0 to look into EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 4:35 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Quote :

I'm confused on what you're saying here, sorry.
Ok, an example: You get the "replace a lily" quest from Vandal. You decide not to send Danielle, the girl in Asylum, but to wait and send Patty the ghoul. Now if you go back to the Asylum before you go to Vandal and complete the quest, Danielle disappears too. To prevent that you have to change the condition in the python script as I told.

Quote :
Quote :

I looked this up and see what you're talking about. Would it make sense to not allow this line to be spoken until after the Dane quest?
I think it would because how do you know about the primogen before you have seen them in the cutscene when you return from the Dane?

Quote :
Quote :

This is working as intended. Lines 332-335 is dependent on your Haggle giving you additional money depending on your Haggle score.
Yes, you get additional money according to the haggling skill. But no matter how much money has accumulated since your last visit you only get one bonus. So in order to get all the money you deserve, you have to visit Venus every time the Story State goes up by 5. For the Grout and museum quest that means you have to visit Venus before and after you talk to the prince. I think this is really annoying, and sometimes not even possible. "Mandarin starts experiments" sets story state+5, as does "freed Barabus". And you can't go downtown between these occurances...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: A few minor things for Zer0 to look into   A few minor things for Zer0 to look into EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 1:48 pm

Quote :
Ok, an example: You get the "replace a lily" quest from Vandal. You decide not to send Danielle, the girl in Asylum, but to wait and send Patty the ghoul. Now if you go back to the Asylum before you go to Vandal and complete the quest, Danielle disappears too. To prevent that you have to change the condition in the python script as I told.

Isn't that how you want it? The whole purpose of Danielle's character is to be sent to the blood bank, so keeping her there after the quest is complete would be redundant wouldn't it?

Quote :
I think it would because how do you know about the primogen before you have seen them in the cutscene when you return from the Dane?

Good point. After thinking about it a bit, having that line in there doesn't make sense at all, whether before or after the cutscene explaining who the primogen are. LaCroix basically just repeats himself if you ask about the Primogen. Maybe I should just axe it entirely.

Quote :
Yes, you get additional money according to the haggling skill. But no matter how much money has accumulated since your last visit you only get one bonus. So in order to get all the money you deserve, you have to visit Venus every time the Story State goes up by 5. For the Grout and museum quest that means you have to visit Venus before and after you talk to the prince. I think this is really annoying, and sometimes not even possible. "Mandarin starts experiments" sets story state+5, as does "freed Barabus". And you can't go downtown between these occurances...

That makes more sense, I understand what you're saying. The only thing is, I want to reward the player for making frequent stops to pick up the money vs. someone who doesn't, so I actually like it more this way. Why reward someone who never stops in. Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: A few minor things for Zer0 to look into   A few minor things for Zer0 to look into EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 2:48 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Quote :

Isn't that how you want it? The whole purpose of Danielle's character is to be sent to the blood bank, so keeping her there after the quest is complete would be redundant wouldn't it?
But why would she leave after you sent someone else to the bloodbank? And it only happens if you go to the Asylum before you talk to Vandal.

Quote :
Quote :

That makes more sense, I understand what you're saying. The only thing is, I want to reward the player for making frequent stops to pick up the money vs. someone who doesn't, so I actually like it more this way. Why reward someone who never stops in. Your thoughts?
Ok. That makes sense. But I'd prefer it if you change it so that it's not necessary to visit before and after talking to the prince for the same quest. It's just annoying to run there that often.
You may consider giving the single bonus if the Story State difference is 5, and a double bonus if it is 10 or more. There are different lines in Venus' dialog if you get money only once or if "Your money's been piling up", so that shouldn't be difficult to script.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: A few minor things for Zer0 to look into   A few minor things for Zer0 to look into EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:05 pm

Quote :
But why would she leave after you sent someone else to the bloodbank? And it only happens if you go to the Asylum before you talk to Vandal.

Maybe she left to go back to Arizona, LOL. I dunno, I'll check it out and see what I can do.

Quote :
Ok. That makes sense. But I'd prefer it if you change it so that it's not necessary to visit before and after talking to the prince for the same quest. It's just annoying to run there that often.
You may consider giving the single bonus if the Story State difference is 5, and a double bonus if it is 10 or more. There are different lines in Venus' dialog if you get money only once or if "Your money's been piling up", so that shouldn't be difficult to script.

Or I could even just make the money available every 10 instead of 5 for the Story State. I need to think how I want to handle this.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: A few minor things for Zer0 to look into   A few minor things for Zer0 to look into EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:16 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Quote :

Maybe she left to go back to Arizona, LOL. I dunno, I'll check it out and see what I can do.
Or she went to Dennis for some colored pills...
Oh, wait, I almost forgot, the guy has left this vale of tears (with my help) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: A few minor things for Zer0 to look into   A few minor things for Zer0 to look into EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:54 pm

Quote :
Or she went to Dennis for some colored pills...
Oh, wait, I almost forgot, the guy has left this vale of tears (with my help)

HAHA! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few minor things for Zer0 to look into   A few minor things for Zer0 to look into Empty

Back to top Go down

A few minor things for Zer0 to look into
Page 1 of 1