Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trying to change Discipline durations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Umbra
Fledgling
Fledgling

Trying to change Discipline durations Empty
PostSubject: Trying to change Discipline durations   Trying to change Discipline durations EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 11:45 pm

I am completely new to modding, but would like to try my hand at it. The first thing I am hoping to tackle is Disciplines. I enjoyed the Disciplines of the original game, but find they are too short in duration for the passive Disciplines, and some of them cost way too much blood. I am wondering how to go about changing this. I am asking here cause I have played CE, and am about to play the Final Nights, and know that the Discipline durations change as you increase the level of the Discipline.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Trying to change Discipline durations   Trying to change Discipline durations EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:33 pm

Hello Umbra!

Well there are two different types of disciplines, Passive and Targeted. Passive disciplines don't target anyone, just yourself and they are cumulative meaning they build on top of each other. Targeted disciplines are just that, they target others (ranged).

For the Passive disciplines, you will want to open the file \vdata\system\stats.txt with notepad.exe. As you scroll towards the bottom you will see entries on how much blood costs are for the Passive disciplines. Change those to what you want and save the file.

For the Targeted disciplines you will want to find the file \vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_xxx.txt (The xxx will be 000, 001, 002, etc...). Open up these files with notepad.exe and you will see the cost and durations of these disciplines.

Play around with it and if you still can't get it feel free to write back and we'll try to help you further.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Umbra
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Trying to change Discipline durations   Trying to change Discipline durations EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 4:32 pm

Thanks for the info, I'll try it out, and see how it works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to change Discipline durations   Trying to change Discipline durations Empty

Back to top Go down

Trying to change Discipline durations
Page 1 of 1