Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria

Go down 
+7
Meowolf
Ayo
Childe of Malkav
Dragatus
PGM1961
Feral
Bloodstone
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bloodstone
Elder
Elder
Bloodstone

Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:58 pm

Anyone see this on the news.

Bulgarian archaeologists have unearthed centuries-old skeletons with iron rods through their chests - believed to have been victims of an old anti-vampire ritual.

According to Bozhidar Dimitrov, head of the National History Museum in the Bulgarian capital Sofia, two skeletons from the Middle Ages have been discovered near the Black Sea town of Sozopol.

So anyone lost any friends around there.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/ancient-vampire-bodies-found-bulgaria-212737076.html
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:09 pm

Such finds are quite common...
I read about couple of such unerthed in Malopolska a year or two ago...
Other anti-vampire burial rites included burning the body to ash, decapitation, placing the putative vampire on it's belly in the coffin, so he dig himself up the wrong way, placing poppy seeds in the coffin so the vampire will have to count them before rising, etc.
Back to top Go down
Bloodstone
Elder
Elder
Bloodstone

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:17 pm

Feral wrote:

placing poppy seeds in the coffin so the vampire will have to count them before rising, etc.

That is a new one on me, never heard of that one before.

Last edited by Bloodstone on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:55 pm

Bloodstone wrote:
Feral wrote:

placing poppy seeds in the coffin so the vampire will have to count them before rising, etc.

It goes on the folk belief that a vampire is forced to count inan obssesive-compulsive manner. So if you want to escape a vampire, all you need to do is throw a lot of small objects in his path (seeds FTW) and wait for sunrise...
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Another 'anti-vampire' burial technique is placing a brick or stone in the mouth of the corpse, so they can't bite anyone when they rise from their grave. That practice was used in the same area where this excavation took place (Balkans/Carpathians).

I heard about the poppy seed trick. But now I wonder if that would make a good flaw for a vampire who was not trained in vampire lore. You know, like the ones who can't stand garlic, etc. because it was in all the old vampire movies. Or possibly a derangement (OCD).
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:29 pm

Feral wrote:
Bloodstone wrote:
Feral wrote:

It goes on the folk belief that a vampire is forced to count inan obssesive-compulsive manner. So if you want to escape a vampire, all you need to do is throw a lot of small objects in his path (seeds FTW) and wait for sunrise...

Suddenly the count from Sesame Street makes so much more sense.

Last edited by Dragatus on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:48 pm

Dragatus wrote:
Suddenly the count from Sesame Street makes so much more snese.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:36 pm

PGM1961 wrote:
Another 'anti-vampire' burial technique is placing a brick or stone in the mouth of the corpse, so they can't bite anyone when they rise from their grave. That practice was used in the same area where this excavation took place (Balkans/Carpathians).

I heard about the poppy seed trick. But now I wonder if that would make a good flaw for a vampire who was not trained in vampire lore. You know, like the ones who can't stand garlic, etc. because it was in all the old vampire movies. Or possibly a derangement (OCD).

There are Flaws in various books: Repelled by Crosses (Balli and Tzimisce mostly), Cannot cross running water (Tzimisce and some others, chiefly Tremere), Repulsed by Garlic (Embraced Basarab Ravenants mostly), Obbsesive counter (I forgot which book that one is from... Claudia?), plus few equally rare Flaws...
Lore of WoD was taken from folklore, after all...
Back to top Go down
Bloodstone
Elder
Elder
Bloodstone

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Feral wrote:
Bloodstone wrote:
Feral wrote:

Well if the vampire your up against is a malkavian you can use ducks.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:56 pm

PGM1961 wrote:
Dragatus wrote:

Very Happy
Yep, I have heard about this counting obsession too. Hm, Vlad Dracul was a count after all... lol!
Back to top Go down
Bloodstone
Elder
Elder
Bloodstone

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:18 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
PGM1961 wrote:
Dragatus wrote:

Very Happy
Yep, I have heard about this counting obsession too. Hm, Vlad Dracul was a count after all... lol!

Actually he was a voivode (English: duke) His son was Vlad III, ( Vlad ÈšepeÈ™) was a Prince, and was a three-time Voivode of Wallachia.

It was Bram Stoker who gave him the title of Count.

Last edited by Bloodstone on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Ayo
Ancillae
Ancillae
Ayo

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:48 pm

Bloodstone wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
PGM1961 wrote:
Dragatus wrote:

Very Happy

Actually he was a voivode (English: duke) His son was Vlad III, ( Vlad ÈšepeÈ™) was a Prince, and was a three-time Voivode of Wallachia.

So maybe Bram was just a vampire hunter with a smooth sense of humor...
Back to top Go down
Bloodstone
Elder
Elder
Bloodstone

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:29 pm

Ayo wrote:
Bloodstone wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
PGM1961 wrote:
Dragatus wrote:

Very Happy

So maybe Bram was just a vampire hunter with a smooth sense of humor...

You may well be right about that. Bram Stoker vampire hunter.
Back to top Go down
Meowolf
Elder
Elder
Meowolf

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:59 pm

So you say Mr. Bram St_a_ker gave the Voivoda new title? How... tremerish.
Ducks are anathema too.
Back to top Go down
http://vk.com/id140084046
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:47 am

Bloodstone wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
PGM1961 wrote:
Dragatus wrote:

Very Happy

Sorry to counter you, but historically rulers of Vallachia and Moldavia (but not Hungary-held Transylvania) held the title of Hospodar. Voivod is a head of large teritorial unit nominated by ruler. I.e King of Poland, but Voivod of Slask. The title came from Hungary to both us in Poland and Romanians under Anjou rule, so it stayed. Yeah, we lived in one enormous conglomerate of countries for a moment... EU of sorts, but it ended poorly...
Back to top Go down
Bloodstone
Elder
Elder
Bloodstone

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:13 am

I stand corrected you are right of course.

The title Hospodar was used in addition to the title voivod
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 4:44 pm

Wait a second, I live in Bulgaria and I haven't heard of this! Very Happy
It's so weird to see our small country being discussed here!

Do you know that the new NPC in TFN (forgot the name... the one with the lore) is voice by Bulgarian Cool Apparently we are everywhere Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 6:27 pm

YamiRaziel wrote:

Do you know that the new NPC in TFN (forgot the name... the one with the lore) is voice by Bulgarian Cool Apparently we are everywhere Very Happy

So you are as Jews or Polish plumbers...? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:43 pm

The 2nd edition Gangrel Clanbook had a whole bunch of "Hollywood" flaws for young Outlanders who were never properly trained by their sires.
Back to top Go down
Ayo
Ancillae
Ancillae
Ayo

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:32 pm

YamiRaziel wrote:

I know! The Bulgarian virus What a Face
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:42 pm

Whenever i hear about Bulgaria, all i can think of is Vitor Krum. :/
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:48 am

Feral wrote:
YamiRaziel wrote:

So you are as Jews or Polish plumbers...? Laughing
What's so special about polish plumbers?

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Half of right-wing parties of Europe terrify their electorates with those terrible Poles who would steal their jobs? UK and Nederlands especially...
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:58 pm

All right wing europe is like that, Feral Very Happy

(here in France we're having the problem, I mean, that Golden dawn thingy in Greece, here the national front got 18% Oo)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:22 am

From this point of view, it's actually a good thing that our so called "christian" governent has manged to get the average wages so far down, that Poles are no longer seen as a real threat for our jobs?! scratch Laughing

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria   Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria Empty

Back to top Go down

Ancient 'Vampire' Bodies Found In Bulgaria
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next