Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is there a comprehensive guide?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Whitezinfandel
Fledgling
Fledgling

Is there a comprehensive guide? Empty
PostSubject: Is there a comprehensive guide?   Is there a comprehensive guide? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi there. I only recently chose to try out some Bloodlines Mods, and this is definitely the most promising. That said, as someone who only ever played 1.2 before, this shit is bewildering. Is there a guide anywhere? I would like an explanation of the email college, bonus skill points earned in the game (such as Nines teaching the PC to Brawl), and any changes to XP rewards. Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Is there a comprehensive guide?   Is there a comprehensive guide? EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 4:16 am

Hi Whitezinfandel,
welcome to the forum.
For your question, there is a kind of manual in the form of a textfile in the base directory (where you also find the vampire.exe). And of course, there is the readme for Wesps patch, on which the mod is built. That is called something like vtmb-up-readme.
There isn't much more, because this is more or less a one-man-project, and I'm neither interested in, nor good at writing manuals and that kind of stuff. study

The main thing the college does is replacing the books. The difference is that you have to use your computer (or the one you use in the internet cafe in Hollywood to get the tape quest). You can gain about as much experience as with the books, but it's your chaoice on which abilities you spend it. But you have to pay for it. In money and blood. The bloodloss is to simulate the time you need for your studies. To get the college started, just read the emails when you first get to your haven. But take the money out of the desk-drawer before. You have to pay an admission fee to start the college.
Because of the college, money is more important. And I have also made some changes on monetary rewards according to your haggling skill. So it's a good idea to spend some xp on that.
There are some xp changes, mostly because the plus-patch makes real quests, worth an xp or so out of events that in the original game are not assigned as quests, such as ghouling Heather. There is also a new npc, and two quests that are exclusively done for the CE mod and "The Final Nights".
For the npc teachers, most of it stays the same as before:
Spoiler:
For more info, just try it out, and ask if you have more questions...

Have fun, duckling
- geek
Back to top Go down
Whitezinfandel
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Is there a comprehensive guide?   Is there a comprehensive guide? EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 7:23 pm

Hot damn! I'm liking your mod more and more. Another question. Is the quest you get from the hunters in Skyline Apartments missable after the first step? Time sensitive at all? I prefer to do my sidequests as soon as I can. I am really liking that you've allowed for powergamers to still have a variety of choices in how they build their character. My perfectionism is probably showing through Razz. Oh, and does Intelligence (and the research feat) affect anything other than how much time/blood the lessons cost?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Is there a comprehensive guide?   Is there a comprehensive guide? EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:42 am

The quest from Bertram, where you get to meet Akeem, and do the other stuff for him is time sensitive. But he tells you that in his email. For the one about the hunters in Skylines, there is no time limit. The only limit here is that Akeem is not there while the first Venus quest is active. We had to do it this way, so he doesn't get involved in fiting with the russians. And if you kill Akeem for some reason before the quest is completed. No deal --> quest failed.

Int (research) mostly influences the study time/ bloodloss. But you also need a bit more int, if you want to learn higher ability levels with the college. You need at least research 2 for level 1 and 2, research 4 for levels 3+4, and research 6 for level 5.

Remember to look after Ash in the sewers. In CE he is vulnerable there, and if he dies on you, the quest is failed.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there a comprehensive guide?   Is there a comprehensive guide? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there a comprehensive guide?
Page 1 of 1