Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Character creation bonus points bug

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Populism
Neonate
Neonate

Character creation bonus points bug Empty
PostSubject: Character creation bonus points bug   Character creation bonus points bug EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:46 pm

When creating a character you can choose your attributes, skill...etc. then switch back to the clan page and choose a different history. Doing so allows you to keep all those distributed points and gain new ones, so you could max out everything before the game starts.

I didn't dig into the problem, so off the top of my head the only way I can think to fix this without removing histories would be to remove the link from the C.E version in the upper left corner that allows you to go back to the clan page.

Found another bug but I don't remember it atm.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Character creation bonus points bug   Character creation bonus points bug EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 4:44 am

This is a well known, but as yet unsolved problem of the whole bloodlines community. If I recall right, you could do it even with the official 1.2 patch only, by changing genders. Many kindred believe, this is one of the reasons why Troika left out the histories for the original game.

- geek

Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Character creation bonus points bug   Character creation bonus points bug EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 5:19 am

Beware of trying this in TFN
Back to top Go down
Populism
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Character creation bonus points bug   Character creation bonus points bug EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 5:24 am

I didn't know that...I ran a search but didn't find anything, sorry to bring it up.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Character creation bonus points bug   Character creation bonus points bug EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:11 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Beware of trying this in TFN
You mean because of the special hairdresser's service you get for it? Twisted Evil

CE allows you to play such a character, but they will start the game with a masquerade violation. Or you can decide to get your character retired by the sheriff, and start a new one.

In the unofficial patch, you only get scolded by Jack...

Populism wrote:
I didn't know that...I ran a search but didn't find anything, sorry to bring it up.
The topic for it probably is buried deep in the archives of the old PlanetVampire. If there was one at all. It gets mentioned every now and then, usually in the topic for Wesps patch over at PV. So no reason to apologise for bringing it up again.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character creation bonus points bug   Character creation bonus points bug Empty

Back to top Go down

Character creation bonus points bug
Page 1 of 1