Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy Hannukah!

Go down 
+11
eye of the divine
Feral
Zer0Morph
Childe of Malkav
gschenker
Dragatus
Maxus Corvin
Duncan.Oliver
SaulottheGentle
Karavolos
Voraxith
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 9:01 pm

Well, since it seems we're all going to be here for the holidays instead of in Hell (or wherever it is that Kindred go after Gehenna), I just wanted to wish you all a very merry Christmas. Smile

Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Christmas is a day or two away still, so ima say Happy End-of-the-World-Day What a Face
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 11:12 pm

If the Mayans weren't obliterated by the Conquistadors "in the name of God (Who condemns killing others", they would have had a big party today.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 2:22 am

SaulottheGentle wrote:
If the Mayans weren't obliterated by the Conquistadors "in the name of God (Who condemns killing others", they would have had a big party today.

Yes, an "End of the Long Count Cycle" party, with the next Long Count cycle starting the next day. Kind of like a 'Super New Years Eve' party. I'm sure it would've been a blast: lots of sacrifices, lots of yummy corn dishes, chocolate, fermented honey liquor, etc..
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 2:39 am

Duncan.Oliver wrote:
SaulottheGentle wrote:

Yes, an "End of the Long Count Cycle" party, with the next Long Count cycle starting the next day. Kind of like a 'Super New Years Eve' party. I'm sure it would've been a blast: lots of sacrifices, lots of yummy corn dishes, chocolate, fermented honey liquor, etc..

So it's just like how the calender most of the world uses, goes for a twelve month cycle, and at the end of that, starts another? How does one get "Holy crap this culture has a date system that ends on a date that matches our calender, that might just be the end of it all."?

I do believe I heard that explanation before, and it seems to be more convincing than an "End of the world". Like most people would want to know when that is going to happen. I certainly wouldn't.

Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 2:41 am

Knowledge is a double-edged sword.
Knowing when you die can be distressing, but until the time comes, you have nothing to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 2:45 am

Back to top Go down
gschenker
Neonate
Neonate
gschenker

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 4:53 am

SaulottheGentle wrote:

Mayans weren't "obliterated" by the Conquistadors. Mayas still living among those new nations of Southern America...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 9:51 am

SaulottheGentle wrote:
Yep, and such a hangover by today that they whish the world had ended drunken bounce bom

As for the condemnation of kiling, there are enough examples in the bible, where god not only supports the killing, but actually does it himself. Just take the flight from Egypt, where god "hardens the heart" of pharao, so that the army follows the israelites, and god can have fun drowning them all in the red sea...

Since by now it's a bit late to whish you a happy solstice, and obviously a bit early to whish you happy Gehenna, let's find something else to celebrate cheers

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 3:57 pm

Merry Christmas everyone!!! cheers santa
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 4:03 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Merry Christmas everyone!!! cheers santa

Ditto Laughing
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 4:07 pm

I'm so glad I came back to this site to work on TFN 1.2, I just love you guys!!

*Zer0 is getting emotional over his virtual bloodsucking friends*

"HUGS FOR EVERYONE TODAY!!!" cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE Exclamation
Back to top Go down
http://eyeofthedivine.tumblr.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:

Pass, bro. You might forget to turn off Potence... Shocked And Fortitude isn't my favorite discipline.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 5:09 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:

Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 5:19 pm

On the first day of * Holiday * my Storyteller gave to me:

One Malkavian hiding in a tree.
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 5:21 pm

On the second day of * Holiday * my Storyteller gave to me:

Two Gargoyles a-flighting
And one Malkavian hiding in a tree.
Back to top Go down
gschenker
Neonate
Neonate
gschenker

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 5:28 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
As for the condemnation of kiling, there are enough examples in the bible, where god not only supports the killing, but actually does it himself. Just take the flight from Egypt, where god "hardens the heart" of pharao, so that the army follows the israelites, and god can have fun drowning them all in the red sea...

It's not so simple. Only to read the pages of Bible is NOT enough - you should KNOW its historical, social and other backgrounds too for understanding Bible's code. Bible has been written in languages of those Ancient ages' men with many unknown symbols, but modern people doesn't understand those Ancient signs.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 5:43 pm

On the third day of * Holiday * my Storyteller gave to me:

Three LaSombra in the mirror
Two Gargoyles a-flighting
And one Malkavian hiding in a tree.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 6:58 pm

gschenker wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

It's not so simple. Only to read the pages of Bible is NOT enough - you should KNOW its historical, social and other backgrounds too for understanding Bible's code. Bible has been written in languages of those Ancient ages' men with many unknown symbols, but modern people doesn't understand those Ancient signs.

This require Classical education. Quite rare commodity nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 7:02 pm

No more bible talk! We must finish the Twelve Days of * Holiday *!!!
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 7:03 pm

Voraxith wrote:
No more bible talk! We must finish the Twelve Days of * Holiday *!!!

Well... We are in quite a Biblical time, no?
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Feral wrote:
gschenker wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

It's gone through so many versions and translations that what we see as the Bible now is probably nothing close to the original and that's not counting the bits that people left out.
Back to top Go down
http://eyeofthedivine.tumblr.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 8:59 pm

eye of the divine wrote:
Feral wrote:
gschenker wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

It's gone through so many versions and translations that what we see as the Bible now is probably nothing close to the original and that's not counting the bits that people left out.
So basically we have two choices:
1) We believe in what we have now, which is in no small part murder commited or at least sanctioned by god.
2) We throw the whole thing away because of all the translation errors, and things left out or added over the time for various political reasons.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 9:03 pm

Since others insist on continuing to bring up the bible, I will say this: my stance on that particular subject is in no small way similar to Jack's stance on the Ankaran Sarcophagus. Meaning it's a load of crap and we should blow it up, along with everyone who wants to buy into it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Happy Hannukah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Hannukah!   Happy Hannukah! Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy Hannukah!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next