Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Broken Poster and Library card quests

Go down 
+4
8people
Velvet
shift244
Childe of Malkav
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Broken Poster and Library card quests Empty
PostSubject: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 2:16 pm

Hi,

it seems the problem with these two quests is more annoying than we initially thought. So I think I'll post a way to work around the problems:

1) For the library card, it's easy: When Mitnik asks for it, yust put the webcam you find in the Empire Hotel into your mailbox, he'll recognize it and send the reward.

2) Getting the poster quest fixed is a bit more trouble, as you have to edit a file in the game. So here's what you have to do:
- open your Bloodlines Folder
- go to the subdirctory \vampire\python
- open the file "vamputil.py" with a text editor (remember to make a backup copy first in case something goes wrong!)
- search for "item_w_claws_protean5" and replace by "item_g_wireless_camera_2"; it turns up twice.

After that, when Gary asks for the pull toy, send him the webcam you find in the Kamikazi Zen vault.
The squashed odius chalice he asks for next is where it is supposed to be, so that part of the quest can be done in the usual way.
The last item Gary asks for is a throwing star. That has gone missing, too. So send him the webcam you find in the Red Dragon.

Sorry for the trouble, but this bug only got detected shortly after the release.
- geek

Last edited by Childe of Malkav on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shift244
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:07 pm

Was in the Kamikaze Zen vault only today - it's empty?! There's no webcam there.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi,

are you sure you're playing CE 1.2?
I've just checked the map: the item is there.
Or did you perhaps install it together with something else that is not compatible?

- geek
Back to top Go down
shift244
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:34 pm

I've downloaded CE1.2 I'm quite sure. No other mods.
It was with a Nosferatu male - I'll update if there are other characters if I get to it. ;p

Oh, if it matters, I've pushed for the main quests to get past the Giovanni mansion before returning for many of the side quests.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:25 pm

In that case, I really don't know what happened. This quest is independent of game-state, so going to the Giovanni first shouldn't interfere with this map.
I assume, you looked in the vault, not in the server room.
Just to make sure, I checked out the map file again today. The item is there along with the function call for the quest update and xp if you steal something from the vault.

Let's hope, it was a one time glitch
- geek
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 12:11 pm

I am playing CE1.2, i did what you suggested, (caveat: i used as text editor Word, and when i tried to save it warned me of some complications) but i did find a web cam at the Kamikazi Zen vault.

But

I went straight home, and I put that webcam in the mail, and it didn't update the quest, Gary didn't recognize it as the quest item.

Now what?

this time around i am being a stickler, i want to complete every side quest, even unlogged ones (in CE1.2. a quest that i have seen in a walkthrough logged as Haxxor, the one Mitnick gives you imediately after completing A Tangled Web, wasn't logged) and it is bugging me, pun intended, that i cannot complete this quest due to a game bug.
on this subject, Mitnick did accept the webcam that i found in the Empire Arms Hotel instead of the library card.

so now i ask, is any cheat available, i mean any trick that i can do, using the console, to force the game to accept that camera as the required item so that the quest log can be updated so that i can move on with the game?

i am... choking on this, having a item that was supposed to be found in hollywood, a quest that could have been updating while still in hollywood, to have it dangling, loose end, while already solving quests in chinatown, the next stage.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 6:50 am

Did you edit the python file and did it compile? Check the date flagg on vamputil.py and vamputil.pyc (.pyc must be newer, or it didn't compile at the next game start) Sorry got to log out now, if you still have trouble, send me a pm.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:27 pm

er...
what's compile?

i now have two cameras where i should have a pull toy and a... something else, also the squashed odious chalice, everything i need to complete the quest, and i'm stuck...

on the other hand i had no trouble with the library card being replaced by yet another camera...
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:51 am

i realized that when i edited vamputil.py with word and then saved, it saved as vamputil.doc, and left the original vamputil.py untouched, and when i next played the game of course it used the original vamputil.py untouched and didn't pay attention to the vamputil.doc i had created.
i don't know how to go around this, which word processor to use, how to open a file with a word processor that then wants to save the edited version as a word processor file instead of in it's original file format so that when next the game plays it will use the edited version of the file.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:32 am

Do NOT use Word to edit files!

Seriously.

It saves extra information which is unecessary and potentially harmful.

Use Notepad, when saving you have a drop down box under where you type the file name and select "all files and types *.*" (something like that) and save the file name AND the extension (in this case .py is the extension)

Advanced word processors for documents and formatting are really a bad idea to use in program files.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 3:18 pm

i tried again with notepad already, and when it came to save i selected as destination file for the save the original file, and i basically overwrote the original file with the modified version, and the game started with no problems and this time the mailbox accepted the web cam as the expected object and...
... and at the time i am writing this, the quest is already completed and i have moved on.

er... can't help but wish i had been told this before...
well word did warn me about it, when i did try with it...
sorry for being too ignorant for not having known this in advance...

anyway, i did figure it out, problem solved, water under the bridge, been there, done that, have the t-shirt.
Back to top Go down
Padre Oscuro
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:15 am

Hello to everybody, sorry for the revival, but I try to complete the quest to obtain the posters, and the pull toy in the Red Spot remains a simple knife, I try to solve the problem doing all of this:

- open your Bloodlines Folder
- go to the subdirctory \vampire\python
- open the file "vamputil.py" with a text editor (remember to make a backup copy first in case something goes wrong!)
- search for "item_w_claws_protean5" and replace by "item_g_wireless_camera_2"; it turns up twice.

But in the document "vamputil.py" dont appear the item "item_w_claws_protean5", and in the kamikazi zen, in the vault, there is no webcam there, only a recording security and money. ¿Someone can help me?.

PD: By the way, im using the Camarilla edition 1.5, and no more mods.

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 2:48 pm

Of course there is still only a knife in the red spot backroom. In CE, the pulltoy is in another place...

The instructions you quote are for a completely different problem with a much older version of CE

- geek
Back to top Go down
Padre Oscuro
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 2:57 pm

Ouch, i feel shame Embarassed , thank you for you response.

And where is the pull toy in the 1.5 version?, could you please tell me?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:17 pm

Padre Oscuro wrote:
Ouch, i feel shame Embarassed , thank you for you response.

And where is the pull toy in the 1.5 version?, could you please tell me?

Thanks in advance.
Of course I can, but I don't want to. At least not as a plain statement. Cool
Let me put it this way: Gary's email states that it turned up somewhere downtown. In the unmodded plus-patch, Mitnick also asks for an item that is hidden downtown... scratch

- geek
Back to top Go down
Meowolf
Elder
Elder
Meowolf

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 5:12 pm

You doooon't saaaay! Why the Ctulhu of a Tin Can did want this one? (malkie)_(chuck!)
Back to top Go down
http://vk.com/id140084046
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 7:46 pm

What is a "Cthulhu out of a tin can"? A pagan "Deus ex machina" Question

- geek
Back to top Go down
Meowolf
Elder
Elder
Meowolf

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:48 am

Kinda like that, though I used poor dead Tin Can Bill from Downtown Area, who was bitten to... DEADLY FLU.
Back to top Go down
http://vk.com/id140084046
L337Hun73r
Fledgling
Fledgling
L337Hun73r

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 1:26 pm

Hey guys. I got a far more stupid and frusturation question about it...

I found the "Guy Magazine" (The one with Imalia issue) in the Red Spot, instead of a knife. And you are talking about Tin Can Bill when it's come to talk about Pull-Toy. Searched his place (Rest in plagues) for no wain. I've tried to use console commands; protean claw 4 is the library key, claw 5 is vaccuum tubes.. again, for no avail.

I haven't raided the Chinatown yet, but I want to know where is that Caine-damned Pull-Toy of Gary. Is it there?

Oh, by the way; I've installed BOTH latest versions of Unofficial patch and CE patch. But didn't encountered EVEN ONLY ONE BUG or something wrong. Untill now I guess.

Please. Help. Me...

///
Also, (I think) I know that's not the topic of it; but Akeem didn't teach me Quietus Discipline. I'm a Gangrel and I would've love to have Celerity and Quitetus both. Is there ANY way to learn that Discipline from him, or did you just put it in the conversation for a sneak peek for Final Nights Clans & Disciplines? (Btw almost all my sneaking-like skills are total. If there were any requirements for earning the Discipline, please let me know)

I desperately HOPE that any of you guys still caring about this forum and answer me... If all else fails, I'll try to find Childe of Malkav personallu and e-mail him about this bug/glitch/whatever.
Back to top Go down
L337Hun73r
Fledgling
Fledgling
L337Hun73r

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 2:16 pm

OH COME ON FOR THE LOVE OF... Ok, I found it. But you guys. I little hate you Very Happy

Btw, my question about Quietus Discipline still valid.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 2:39 pm

Well... Welcome to the forum. Don't hate onus, we all have real lives.

As for the pull toy it was in the shop in Holywood, you just need to go from the back, lockpicking the door.

As for the Disciplines... I have never tried it. So I don't know. Sorry.

*hugs with front paws*
Back to top Go down
L337Hun73r
Fledgling
Fledgling
L337Hun73r

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 5:25 pm

Oh no, please don't misunderstand Very Happy
In my game, toy is not there but in an unthinkable place (in Downtown) Very Happy That was the reason of "Hate" word (:

*Bropaw*
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 5:47 pm

You really expect an answer within the hour? This is an international forum with people living in different time zones. And as Feral already said: We have a life outside the forum as well!

Now for your questions: Who said anything about Tin Can in context with the pull toy? Gary's e-mail and the questlog only mention someplace downtown. And the only thing I ever said on the topic of the pull toy was: Where you could find the library card in earlier versions of the plus patch.
Of course you can't learn Quietus. This discipline doesn't exist in CE. It's just mentioned to get the Assamite clan disciplines complete. Like the question about the Tremere secrets in the Staruss dialog. You don't expect him to talk about them either.

If you didn't encounter a bug yet, you were lucky, and all relevant patch files have been overwritten by the CE ones.

-geek 

P.S. If you had pestered me with an e-mail, I'd just have deleted your mail, and put your address on the black-list.
Back to top Go down
L337Hun73r
Fledgling
Fledgling
L337Hun73r

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 6:44 pm

Hey hey hey... I meant no offence, man. No need to rise your exclamation marks up :/

I didn't waited for an answer with rush... Latest messages about the topic hailed 2-3 years ago and I was kinda afraid that my game is unreversibly glitched.

By writing "You", I meant "You guys" by forum users and admins all together.
I've just seen those posts to referance about Tin Can Bill:

Meowolf wrote:
You doooon't saaaay! Why the Ctulhu of a Tin Can did want this one? (malkie)_(chuck!)
Childe of Malkav wrote:
What is a "Cthulhu out of a tin can"? A pagan "Deus ex machina" Question

- geek
Meowolf wrote:
Kinda like that, though I used poor dead Tin Can Bill from Downtown Area, who was bitten to... DEADLY FLU.
But important thing is, my game proves that 2 patches (Unofficial and CE) would work together with %99 success. And I want to congratulate you about it.

Also, I wouldn't pester you with an e-mail... I just would ask you about my problem, as you are the developer of this project (If I'm not mistaken). Was my picking of words wrong? Did I looked like an assaulting newbie? Sorry about that. Again, not intented to do such a thing...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:12 pm

Ok, so there is a tin can mentioned, but it was after the actual topic was resolved, and the thread got hijacked as usual...Wink 

That you didn't notice any problems just proves that you were lucky, or you just didn't see all the minor glitches that adding a mod on another version of the patch will cause. The other way round, there probably would have been real issues. So you probably just erased most of the newer version of the patch again, when you installed Camarilla.Razz 

Sorry if I got overly aggressive. But I got enough people telling ME what ought to be in CE because they "googled something", and wtf they can't find it. And I hate getting pms or e-mails with questions that belong in the forum.
So come on, visit my lab, and get a nice refreshing lightning bolt through your brain.Twisted Evil 

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken Poster and Library card quests   Broken Poster and Library card quests Empty

Back to top Go down

Broken Poster and Library card quests
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next