Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Akeem Glitches -- fixed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

Akeem Glitches -- fixed Empty
PostSubject: Akeem Glitches -- fixed   Akeem Glitches -- fixed EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:26 pm

Akeem seems to be glitching abit.
First off, I decided to get the Servae Malum before talking to him about it, killed the hunters, and after getting the book, got 3 xp.
After talking to him about it and giving him the book, the next option is "Anything you can teach me?", in which Akeem responds with "Choose Wisely." The last dialogue option is "I have no valid reply."

Secondly, when you talk to him after it and ask about how the business is going, the Servae Malum quest begins again, although because it was previously completed, no book to give.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Akeem Glitches -- fixed   Akeem Glitches -- fixed EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:43 am

What does your questlog say when you get the "i have no valid reply"? Did you get the xp and masquerade redemption for handing the book to Akeem? Is the book still in your inventory?

- geek
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Akeem Glitches -- fixed   Akeem Glitches -- fixed EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:24 pm

This post is going to be made on memory, I'll recheck when I get home.

IIRC, I didn't get the Masquerade Redemption and the book wasn't in my inventory.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Akeem Glitches -- fixed   Akeem Glitches -- fixed EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Okay, I have found the problem. Some forgotten quotes in the dialog conditions.

And testing this helped me find another problem there.

You can easily fix it to get the quest completed. Just add the quotes to the dialog condition GetQuestState("Akeem") == 4 in the lines 188 and 18. The file is /vampire/dlg/the_final_nights/akeem.dlg.
If you have done this, and have a character with high haggling feat (7+) you will see 2 lines "I prefer money". When you want the money instead of the new discipline, use the first one. I've also fixed the problem causing this, but for the beta versin, it's not necessary.

- geek
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Akeem Glitches -- fixed   Akeem Glitches -- fixed EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:33 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Okay, I have found the problem. Some forgotten quotes in the dialog conditions.

And testing this helped me find another problem there.

You can easily fix it to get the quest completed. Just add the quotes to the dialog condition GetQuestState("Akeem") == 4 in the lines 188 and 18. The file is /vampire/dlg/the_final_nights/akeem.dlg.
If you have done this, and have a character with high haggling feat (7+) you will see 2 lines "I prefer money". When you want the money instead of the new discipline, use the first one. I've also fixed the problem causing this, but for the beta versin, it's not necessary.

- geek

Akeem teaches you a new discipline? I dont remember that as a reward.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Akeem Glitches -- fixed   Akeem Glitches -- fixed EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:01 pm

You can't remember, because it is new Laughing
EntenSchreck has discovered a way to let the player get a new discipline, including a large hud-message like the ones for xp gain...
But I thought, learning it from Backett while studying the sarcophagus, as Wesp has put it into the plus patch, is too late in the game. And of course the big advantage of using Akeem as teacher is that he has different discipline choices from any Camarilla clan. So there is at least one choice for every character.

- geek
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Akeem Glitches -- fixed   Akeem Glitches -- fixed EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:34 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
You can't remember, because it is new Laughing
EntenSchreck has discovered a way to let the player get a new discipline, including a large hud-message like the ones for xp gain...
But I thought, learning it from Backett while studying the sarcophagus, as Wesp has put it into the plus patch, is too late in the game. And of course the big advantage of using Akeem as teacher is that he has different discipline choices from any Camarilla clan. So there is at least one choice for every character.

- geek

Err...I thought the game had limitations on the number of available disciplines?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Akeem Glitches -- fixed   Akeem Glitches -- fixed EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 6:14 am

Not really a NEW discipline, but an addtional one from the existing ones.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Akeem Glitches -- fixed   Akeem Glitches -- fixed EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 8:22 am

I should get it after I bring the book?
And "no valid reply" is fixed by..?

I do the q. properly, return the book, get XP, Redemption, "no valid reply." Quest completed, but when talking again, I can still tell "About the hunters," but don't have the book of course. (I want the discipline! Wink )
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Akeem Glitches -- fixed   Akeem Glitches -- fixed EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 11:22 am

Jad.3 wrote:
I should get it after I bring the book?
And "no valid reply" is fixed by..?

I do the q. properly, return the book, get XP, Redemption, "no valid reply." Quest completed, but when talking again, I can still tell "About the hunters," but don't have the book of course. (I want the discipline! Wink )

It's pretty much what Malkav said. Go to his .dlg file in the vampire folder and look at lines 18 and 188. His name within the parenthesis doesnt have quotations around them, so you'll need to add those around his name only and nothing else.

Then it should run smoothly.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Akeem Glitches -- fixed   Akeem Glitches -- fixed EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:29 pm

I should learn to read Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Akeem Glitches -- fixed   Akeem Glitches -- fixed Empty

Back to top Go down

Akeem Glitches -- fixed
Page 1 of 1