Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need Help Bringing up console

Go down 
+4
Childe of Malkav
Feral
PGM1961
WaywardWerewolf
8 posters
AuthorMessage
WaywardWerewolf
Fledgling
Fledgling
WaywardWerewolf

Need Help Bringing up console Empty
PostSubject: Need Help Bringing up console   Need Help Bringing up console EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 11:50 pm

At first I couldn't start the game as it said "Engine Error — Available memory less than 15MB" So I downloaded 'Unofficial english Patch 8.5 by Wesp5 (241MB)' And get it installed, the problem was solved, not entirely though, because I couldn't see anything when it's starting, like Troika, and White Wolf logo, the screen was all black, but that's no big deal anyway.

Let's say I start playing the game once again, yeah. This time, as usual, I want to make it more fun by enabling the console, so I added -console at the end of Target box in VtMB desktop shortcut. When I started the game the console appeared at the game menu as expected, but I was not in-game yet so I closed the console and started a new game, and once the learning how to be a vamp with Smiling Jack thingy ended I just want to do something with the game so tried bringing up the console but nothing happened, nothing, and be assured that I know the shortcut which brings the console up, which is tilde key; I did press it, several times, but alas, the console failed to show up. This is very irritating, so please help me, folks. Please tell me how else I can bring up the console, so I can enjoy my absolute classic, favourite game once again.

FIY: I'm running the game on a 64bit Windows 7 machine. And my country is not United States, so my keyboard is a little different, to put it simply: players in the US would press one key to bring up the console and it is the tilde key, while players in my country, Thailand, would have to press Ctrl + Tilde key to bring up the console, and that's because our keyboards are bilingual, we mostly use the tilde key to switch between languages. However, when I was playing VtMB with my old PC there was no problem bringing up the console at all. I can't figure out the reason, so I gave all the information I think might help you help me, well, bunch of thanks in advance.

-Wolfie

P.S. I think if anyone can tell me the console command to bring up the console itself (if there is one, that is) that would totally solve the problem I'm having — I'll just bind the command with a key, and that would be most convenient.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Bringing up console   Need Help Bringing up console EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 1:56 am

I had the same problem the first time I loaded Bloodlines onto my new computer with Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit). Vanilla version simply wouldn't play on Windows 7. The UP (or any mod that incorporates the Unofficial Patch, like CE or TFN) and updated drivers solved my problem. Opening scene and game play fine.

Can't help you with the console problem. My keyboard is the standard US setup.
Back to top Go down
WaywardWerewolf
Fledgling
Fledgling
WaywardWerewolf

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Bringing up console   Need Help Bringing up console EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 2:07 am

Thanks anyway, about the opening scenes, they plays, but only the sound — and that's okay with me.

And bout the keyboard, or the computer's keyboard language settings, or the key sequence to switch between languages, I think that doesn't matter, I think, because with my old PC which ran on Windows XP SP3 there was absolutely no problem with the console, yet the game played fine.

I've tried Googling to find some ways to troubleshoot — no luck.

-Wolfie

Last edited by WaywardWerewolf on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Bringing up console   Need Help Bringing up console EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:55 am

Welcome fellow shapechanger!

I am not sure about your problem, but I have played various games on Polish and English keybords. Sometimes the keys do "wander", so some other key does whot another is supposed to do. Have you tried ~`or ' keys? Or perhaps / ? If that doesn't help. do it by force: open the game and tap every one key on the keybord. One at a time, of course. Laughing If that doesn't help, I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Bringing up console   Need Help Bringing up console EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 2:14 pm

Hi WaywardWerewolf,
welcome to the forum.
I have similar problems with my german keyboard. You can bind the console to any key you want with a simple edit of config.cfg. You can find this file in the subdirectory -bloodlines/vampire/cfg/ Open it with notepad or another simple text editor. Right at the beginning of the file you find a long list of bind commands. Add a line like this one:

bind "F11" "toggleconsole"

this will set the console call to the function key F11. Then you can use this key for opening the console ingame. Opening the console with a user-defined key can cause screen-freezing when you shut the console. If this happens, don't close the console directly. Instead call the chareditor to end the console and leave that the usual way.

- geek
Back to top Go down
WaywardWerewolf
Fledgling
Fledgling
WaywardWerewolf

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Bringing up console   Need Help Bringing up console EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:31 pm

Now that's what I was asking for, Childe of Malkav. Thousand thanks to you, I can now call up the console. However, with the screen freezing problem, I recall having the very same problem with my old PC; what I did was simply press the Esc button to get to the menu screen then resume the game — that way, it always let me continue the game right away. Just saying.

-Wolfie
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Bringing up console   Need Help Bringing up console EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 10:38 pm

Werewolf? Where? I MUST FLEE affraid
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Bringing up console   Need Help Bringing up console EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:10 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Werewolf? Where? I MUST FLEE affraid

TO THE KARAMOBILE!
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Bringing up console   Need Help Bringing up console EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:12 pm

Need Help Bringing up console Dj-mobile-car
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Bringing up console   Need Help Bringing up console EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:19 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Need Help Bringing up console Dj-mobile-car

Nanananananananananananananana, KARAVOLOS.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Bringing up console   Need Help Bringing up console EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:19 pm

Nananananannaa
ME!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Bringing up console   Need Help Bringing up console EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:26 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Nananananannaa
ME!! What a Face

Wait, if you're Batman, then I must be....CATWOMAN.

BRB, getting Tzimizce sex change.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Bringing up console   Need Help Bringing up console EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:27 pm

I called it What a Face

Need Help Bringing up console Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqVlYeZlN1uSnCjVB0Dr2LUP8zZf_xkBr4P3WwsRwDasvnMrp2
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Bringing up console   Need Help Bringing up console EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:38 pm

Karavolos wrote:
I called it What a Face

Need Help Bringing up console Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqVlYeZlN1uSnCjVB0Dr2LUP8zZf_xkBr4P3WwsRwDasvnMrp2

Would this include the second set of fangs too?

Hmm...didn't think that third eye would have the lashes. As nice as it looks, I'd think it would be one hell of a give-away.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Bringing up console   Need Help Bringing up console EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:40 pm

Who said anything about being practical? What a Face
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Bringing up console   Need Help Bringing up console EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 12:17 am

Betches pleeze. This is how a third eye should look.
[img]Need Help Bringing up console Lee_ka10[/img]

Last edited by SaulottheGentle on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Bringing up console   Need Help Bringing up console EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 4:28 am

Kara, your car is great! Just one question: Is that an offensive system to blow away pursuers, or purely defensive for getting extra speed on the flight?
And Sally, I wouldn't reccomend such an obvious third eye. At least not with such a vast horde of Vienna following immortality ursurpers around in this barony.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Bringing up console   Need Help Bringing up console EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:44 am

By now pretty much every Tremere around here is already aware that he's a filthy soulsucking monster, so no need to hide it.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Bringing up console   Need Help Bringing up console EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 12:38 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Kara, your car is great!
Why thank you, good sir What a Face

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Just one question: Is that an offensive system to blow away pursuers, or purely defensive for getting extra speed on the flight?
Why choose when you can have both? What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Bringing up console   Need Help Bringing up console Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Help Bringing up console
Page 1 of 1