Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Clans?

Go down 
+4
ThePhilosopher
Nosferatu's Childe
Maxus Corvin
RosscoGameFace
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RosscoGameFace
Fledgling
Fledgling

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 11:24 am

Hi before I ask just want to say i've never really dabbled in mods for games before so this is all new to me. I downloaded the Camarilla edition as I was quite interested in the new clans, i've installed it and started it up just to check it was all working ok, which it is. When creating a new character only the normal clans were there except all the models were different colours. There were no new clans to choose from that I saw, have I done somehting wrong or can you only become one later on or something?

Any advice is appreciated, like I said I know nothing of mods so I don't know if this is right or it hasn't installed properly or what.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 12:39 pm

RosscoGameFace wrote:
Hi before I ask just want to say i've never really dabbled in mods for games before so this is all new to me. I downloaded the Camarilla edition as I was quite interested in the new clans, i've installed it and started it up just to check it was all working ok, which it is. When creating a new character only the normal clans were there except all the models were different colours. There were no new clans to choose from that I saw, have I done somehting wrong or can you only become one later on or something?

Any advice is appreciated, like I said I know nothing of mods so I don't know if this is right or it hasn't installed properly or what.
Eh...The Camarilla Edition only makes changes to Bloodlines, not really changing the game that much. The Final Nights, does change the vanilla clans to 7 others, although the Samedi and Baali lack female options at this point(though they can be enabled easily, they will just use the default Nosferatu and Tremere appearances, whose models are used for those clans).

Links for that are here: https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t851-the-final-nights-download-center

Also, having already installed the Camarilla Edition, you'll need to re-install the game, BEFORE you install TFN.
Back to top Go down
RosscoGameFace
Fledgling
Fledgling

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 1:35 pm

Ah ok thanks, i'll try that one then. At least now I know it installed fine.

Follow up question; in The Final Nights do the new clans look different or are they the same but different colours like in CE? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Nosferatu's Childe
Elder
Elder
Nosferatu's Childe

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 2:54 pm

They look different, both in appearance and in clothes, not completely of course since they are practically the same models, but different nonetheless. And they have new disciplines and all.
Back to top Go down
RosscoGameFace
Fledgling
Fledgling

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 4:44 pm

Sweet, thanks for the info. T'is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 6:36 pm

New Clans? 60s-spiderman-out-of-fucking-nowhere

This thread is now being hijacked
Back to top Go down
RosscoGameFace
Fledgling
Fledgling

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 7:01 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 7:02 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:

You are from Brazil, not Colombia, dude. Hijacking is not your national sport.Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Nosferatu's Childe
Elder
Elder
Nosferatu's Childe

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 7:05 pm

New Clans? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQD5HjCJV_OXPVOnapYOIZmlkhhkwXw3Jo26EHEXV1K7Mu_dXG9

No spidey, just no.
I was going to say we were not going to let you hijack it, but by doing so I'd only be contributing to the hijack, like now.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 10:01 pm

LOL

To clarify the original topic... the reason The Final Nights replaced the existing clans (instead of adding new ones) is that there are only a finite number of clans/disciplines available in the game.  To add one, you must take another away.  Not only that, but the new discipline has to be similar to the one it's replacing, since you can only change the game effects to a certain extent.

Zer0Morph really did an excellent job with the Final Nights clans and disciplines.  It was a lot harder than most people realize.  This game is just not very friendly to modders.
Back to top Go down
RosscoGameFace
Fledgling
Fledgling

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 2:26 am

Oh yeah, I don't doubt for a second it takes some work to make these mods. I'm more of a console gamer so I don't really get the chance to dabble with mods all that much but I love VTM and had a hankering to play it after being disappointed by the abysmal DARK on 360 and just wanted to try something new with it. I'm enjoying the CE mod for now though, once i've done this playthrough i'll probably reinstall and put in Final Nights.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 6:22 am

Feral wrote:
ThePhilosopher wrote:

You are from Brazil, not Colombia, dude. Hijacking is not your national sport.Shocked 
And here is me, thinking that Colombia's national sport is smugling cocaine and morphines into the US.scratch 

@RoscoGameFace: First of all, welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you like CE.
When you reinstall, I'd suggest multiple installations. Then you can also try ClanQuest, the patch only, or CE again when you're done with TFN, without having to do the whole uninstall/reinstall business all over again.

One thing about PGM's post. Actually the number of clans is not limited. It's just the pull down menu in the character creation. That will always show 7 slots, no matter what. But you can select other clans via the questions section in the character creation process.
And of course there is the problem with the character models. Most of the npc models don't have character sheet animations, so they stand there motionless with the arms stretched out zombielike.Crying or Very sad 
Only disciplines are limited to a max of 11 (13 if you count blood buff and blood heal as well). And there are some limitations on discipline use in dialog. But you can overcome most of them.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 6:53 am

Malk, have you started your new mod project?
Back to top Go down
RosscoGameFace
Fledgling
Fledgling

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 10:54 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
@RoscoGameFace: First of all, welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you like CE.
When you reinstall, I'd suggest multiple installations. Then you can also try ClanQuest, the patch only, or CE again when you're done with TFN, without having to do the whole uninstall/reinstall business all over again.
Hi and thanks! I like how welcoming and helpful people have been on this so far, other forums i've been on to try and find out about mods (FF7 for example) folk tend to be a bit elitist and just mock you for not knowing stuff. As for the multiple installs that's a good idea, I read about other people doing that on here. Can't believe I never thought of it to be honest but oh well.

Last edited by Childe of Malkav on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cleared up the quotes)
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 2:14 pm

Nosferatu's Childe wrote:

No spidey, just no.
New Clans? 3f7

You can't stop the hijacking, little grasshooper.

Feral:
Hijacking is Arabia's national sport, not Columbia's. Get your shit together son.

While we're on the subject, Brazil's new national sport traded round balls for molotovs and teargas, if you're not yet aware

New Clans? 000_dv10
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 2:39 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
Not yet. But I think someone has sent their ghoul to feed me some vitae. I've been stirring in my torpor lately...

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:08 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:
Not yet. But I think someone has sent their ghoul to feed me some vitae. I've been stirring in my torpor lately...

-geek 
Good. How about a back rub? Would you like a toast?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 6:13 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:

Feral:
Hijacking is Arabia's national sport, not Columbia's. Get your shit together son.

While we're on the subject, Brazil's new national sport traded round balls for molotovs and teargas, if you're not yet aware
I heard. Sorry to hear you have problems on that scale. Besides, could you post some know-how? We might be able to put it to good use here in Tusk-land.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 7:41 pm

Feral wrote:
ThePhilosopher wrote:

Feral:

I heard. Sorry to hear you have problems on that scale. Besides, could you post some know-how? We might be able to put it to good use here in Tusk-land.
Please do, Phil. Before the media inform us how you slaghter innocent muslims. With chemical weapons.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 8:04 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
Please do, Phil. Before the media inform us how you slaghter innocent muslims. With chemical weapons.
That's really easy. If you have bought them in the 90s from Saddam, who in turn got them in the 80s from the US government, when he still was the good dictator fighting the evil mullahs in Iran...

-geek 
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 1:33 pm

There are a whole lot of issues. Widespread corruption, useless and slow justice system, extremely high taxation and horrible public services make up the main reason for the protests, but as many signs said, "there's so many complaints it doesn't even fit in this sign".

We here in Brazil have a % of taxation equal, if not greater, than Germany has. But Germany is an economic powerhouse and nearly every aspect of its public services (education, health, infrastructure...) are amongst the best in the world. Just recently we hit the 1-trillion in taxes taken by the government this year.

Where does this money goes to? The politicians pockets, mostly. If not legally (some can receive up to a million dollars in income), then through corruption and fraud. The governor of Rio de Janeiro recently has been using an helicopter (the most EXPENSIVE avaible on the market, made for billionaires and paid with public money) to bring the nanny of his kids to their summer house, for example. We have TWO congressman accused of participating in the greatest corruption scandal in Brazil's history (no one has been jailed yet) who are active politicians. Even worse, one is in the Congress Counsel of Justice and another one in the Congress Counsel of Ethics. Our current head of senate has been accused of corruption, one corrupt ex-president who received an impeachment is in the senate... To call someone a 'politician' in Brazil is an offense.

Our education system is crumbling. In order to look like they're having sucess, the government prefers to lower the standards instead of investing in schools and professors. We have public schools here whose classes sometimes doesn't even have a roof, and there are even cases of emblezzement of kindergarden's food money. Our education level is close to some failed african countries.

Our health system? If you have to use a public hospital, you must be willing to wait for at least 6 months. We recently had a woman who gave birth at the doorsteps of an hospital because there were no doctors or infraestructure for her. It's common here to have hundreds laying on the hospital halls because there are no beds for everyone, if there are beds at all. At the same time, when a senator gets a cold, he immediatly rushes over to the most expensive hospital in our capital, Sirio-Libanês, and pays the bill with public money.

Security? Every Brazilian lives in fear. Fear not only from the bandits who steal and kill freely, without ever getting caught, but fear also from the corrupt police that let it all happen because of the tip organized crime pays them.

Almost all of my friends want to leave this country. They want to go live somewhere where they can live unafraid, where their children can get a good education, where they have access to health services without having to wait half a year. For a long time I thought "I will stay and make this country better". I don't think that anymore.

Well, but since this is a democracy, all we had to do was to vote for the right guys, right? Actually, we use eletronic urns, being one of the few countries in the world that use them. Our urns have been proven to be easily manipulated. Paraguay purchased many of our urns, but then returned them after realizing how easy it was to fraud an election with these urns.
And when we go to protest, even pacifically, the pigs in uniforms throw bombs, teargas and rubber bullets at us, and then the media call us "vandals".

I tell you all this: I have absolute belief that there hasn't been ONE protest in all of Brazil in which the protesters attacked the police first. Not one.

So we're stuck with an ever-slowing economy, a government corrupt from the lower deputee to the president herself, public services close to failed african states levels... And we're pissed. A lot of people here still believe in a 'Velvet Revolution' akin to Gandhi's. I don't believe this will work. Brazil will only change when we put a knife through the last of these politicians throats.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 2:26 pm

I feel for you Philo. I really do.
What you write is a lot like Poland, although we have it a bit safer and we also have more debt per capita, I think... Our government makes sure German banks would be able to solicit Poland for those debts, and is OK with that as long as the ruling party gets enough money to buy enough voters to stay in power. Why do they bother? Our elections are run on Russian servers anyway.
I wanted to emigrate as well, but then I realized than in different countries I would be stusk with second-class citizen status... Sad but true.
People in Poland are very disillusioned. There will be no revolution or anything. After the fall of communism old comrades sized power again within one elections cycle. Because there was no decommunization. Allies knew what to do with Nazis in Germany. Hang, incarcerate, kick out from offices... Here our "intellectuals" convinced the people to pardon everyone...
Mass murderer in generals uniform, responsible for martial law that broke even communist constitution, was recently celebrated in our parliament as "man of honor". Leftists are truly stupid...

But you are right. Peaceful solutions are not necessarily the best.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 6:28 pm

Dealing with old Nazis?! Haha...
Only with the most popular ones, they couldn't ignore, or the ones that were useless for the cold war against Stalin. Lots of Gestapo and similar were secretly employed by the US. And I can imagine, Stalin did the same. Why throw away competent people when you have to build a Staatssicherheit (GDRs seceret service).
Many of the middle rankers were just ignored, and started new in the 50s, often with Adenauer's silent approval. And a lot of high ranking WaffenSS officers left the country, ironically often to Argentina and Brazil, where they started new and their heirs probably are among the most corrupt of the politicians.

Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 6:37 pm

Velvet revolution is bullshit. The commies should have hanged by the roads, to put fear in men that come after. Our "revolution" was a joke, transfer of power from Moscow to Brussel perhaps. Though situation is getting interesting right now, but usually politicians have no fear in their power-plays. We still have time, unlike you. But they don't want people to get smart, they need poor stupid lefties to vote for them. People here are mostly affected by the former era, uranium mines and brainwashing. I could ramble on... Well I hope.
How easily are guns accessible in Brazil? Because you need to burn it all down, bro.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 3:10 am

And who would they have hanged, Jad? As they did in the GDR, the people who joined the socialist party simply for being allowed to the university were ejected from their posts. But people like Angie, who were active members of the so called "opposition" in the parliament were considered upstanding democrats. Even though their job was to pass any law the socialists wanted to have.

And "keep the mases poor and stupid, so they do what they are told" has been the policie of the powerful since the first man hit another man over the head with a rock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Clans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clans?   New Clans? Empty

Back to top Go down

New Clans?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next