Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help

Go down 
+2
Claudia
deathknight1728
6 posters
AuthorMessage
deathknight1728
Fledgling
Fledgling

Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help Empty
PostSubject: Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help   Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 1:29 am

It says that I have less than 15 mb but that's impossible as the computer is new. Do any of the official patches do anything or are they not useful.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help   Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 3:45 am

Run as administrator Very Happy

(welcome and stuff)
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help   Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 6:53 am

Or try compatibility mode for XP.

Welcome to the forum, young blood, btw.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help   Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 4:44 pm

My new PC did that until I installed the latest Unofficial Patch. Never tried to run as administrator.

Tip: Install vanilla version (i.e. no patches or mods), and then copy those files into another folder, and run the patch or mod on the new folder. That way, if you decide you don't like the mod, or you want to install a newer version, you don't have to do a fresh install. This will mean multiple folders, if you have several mods, but it's a lot easier. And your spiffy new computer should have plenty of space. Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help   Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 5:38 pm

Duncan.Oliver wrote:
My new PC did that until I installed the latest Unofficial Patch.  Never tried to run as administrator.

Tip:  Install vanilla version (i.e. no patches or mods), and then copy those files into another folder, and run the patch or mod on the new folder.  That way, if you decide you don't like the mod, or you want to install a newer version, you don't have to do a fresh install.  This will mean multiple folders, if you have several mods, but it's a lot easier.  And your spiffy new computer should have plenty of space.  Smile
Plus the copies are not in the registry. So your spiffy new OS won't mess with the game.

geek 
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help   Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 5:43 pm

if all of that doesn't work, buy the game from www.GoG.com They take old games and make them so they run on new systems and they have bloodlines and it is still modable.
Back to top Go down
deathknight1728
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help   Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 2:46 pm

I tried all of what everyone said. It still doesn't work. It says that it is an internet short cut for the game and thus wont allow me to run as administrator which is weird. Is there any other way to run it as an administrator? Btw, I am not good at computer stuff so if anyone knows what to do-in laymans terms. Oh and gog doesn't have this game yet.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help   Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 12:54 am

Internet shortcut???  That does not sound right.  But I'd have to look at your computer to see what's going on, and I can't really do that.  If you copied the basic game to another folder, and ran the Unofficial Patch on the new folder, Windows should have no problem running the updated game.  This applies to Modded versions too, since they all have a recent Unofficial Patch incorporated into the mod.

Unless... silly question, but are you still trying to use the shortcut from the basic game to open Bloodlines?  I would delete that shortcut from your desktop (it won't affect the program files).  Then go into the main game folder for the updated game, right click on the 'vampire.exe' file, and Create Shortcut.  Then drag that shortcut to your desktop, and use 'Run As Administrator' on the shortcut.  (If you have multiple mods of Bloodlines on your computer, be sure to label the shortcut for each one so you can tell them apart; i.e. "Vampire Bloodlines CE Final Release".)

Or you can right click on the 'vampire.exe' file itself, and 'Run As Administrator' directly from the updated game files.  That should work too.

If this still does not work, then I have no idea what you are doing wrong.  Sorry.
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help   Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 11:19 am

to run as administrator:

Right click on the shortcut to the game
Click on properties
click on the compatibility tab
Check the box that says "run as administrator"
Click apply
click ok

Try to run the game

if that doesn't work get rid of Winblows 8 and get a good operating system
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help   Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 4:40 pm

joemarra052075 wrote:
...if that doesn't work get rid of Winblows 8 and get a good operating system
Trouble is, any decent OS requires at least basic understanding of how a computer works, while Win is very good at preventing users from aquiring that knowledge.

geek 
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help   Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 5:14 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
joemarra052075 wrote:
...if that doesn't work get rid of Winblows 8 and get a good operating system
Trouble is, any decent OS requires at least basic understanding of how a computer works, while Win is very good at preventing users from aquiring that knowledge.

geek 

True for the moment, but wait a few more months for Steam OS to come out of Beta. It is a Linux Operating system that is designed for average person to use. Uses less system resources than Windows, runs all windows programs and runs windows games better than windows does. It is also designed to integrate your TV/Blue-ray/Stereo into one system.

On the other hand...before that get rid of Windows 8 and put 7 on instead. Still fully supported and is a far better OS than 8.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help   Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help Empty

Back to top Go down

Windows 8 New Pc Wont run Bloodlines help
Page 1 of 1