Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beta Test Playthrough

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

Beta Test Playthrough Empty
PostSubject: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 8:42 am

So,

finally got some time for some real playthrough.

I will not some minor things down on this thread. Major concerns etc will be posted in their own topics.

-------------------------

Male Assamite model in the clan selection screen is at the bottom. I can barely see the model. The Samedi model (which is also crouched) is much more visible.

Killpatrick shoots me after stealing/sneaking/lockpicking from his box (visibility was 0 and he was looking the other way all the time).
After reloading: I lockpick in sneak. Again 0 visibility meter as he drinks a coke. I do not take the money out of the box and then approach him. Criminal Violation (had none on the first time) he draws his gun, but runs away in fear (I didn't do anythin violent nor had I drawn any weapons). While writing this update. He calms himself and is interactable again. Cops outside call me to come out though.

Tried to repeat this process a couple of times. Lockpicking did nothing. Taking it always triggers him going violent from 0 visibility to 100 visibility instantly.

-----------

While in the character screen in the santa monica hub I hear both musics. Street music (soundtrack) as well as the character screen music.

-----------

Wanted to test the lockpick at the astrolite quest spot, but it is permanently barred. Forgot about that. Btw why? Is is possible to keep it open? Especially if I want to come back at some point and lockpick it or beat up that shitty gangers for interfering with me?

Last edited by kyoden on Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 9:06 am

kyoden wrote:
While in the character screen in the santa monica hub I hear both musics. Street music (soundtrack) as well as the character screen music.
This is a well known problem. In some places the background music doesn't stop when you open the charactersheet. That's the reason why Wesp has shut down the character sheet music in the patch.

I haven't researched this phenomenon in any depth yet. If it happens in places where the music is set in the soundscheme, but not where it is set as ambient_generic on the map, we can do something about it.
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 10:33 am

I cannot save Lily. I got the password for the freezer, entered the small secret room (wooden tiles) and push the On/Off switch on the wall. Nothing happens. Door does not open nor does anythinghappen when I push the switch again.

Edit: Door opens after some reloads and entering/leaving the building.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 2:42 pm

Male Assamite model in the clan selection screen is at the bottom. I can barely see the model. The Samedi model (which is also crouched) is much more visible.
Really? He's crouched like normal right? He looks perfectly fine, same as vanilla, for my game. Has he moved in your game?

Killpatrick shoots me after stealing/sneaking/lockpicking from his box (visibility was 0 and he was looking the other way all the time).
I gave him Auspex, he's always aware of your presence. Just kidding Razz Here's how I set Arthur up, basically, when you take the money from the safe, his relationship status goes from neutral to hostile, nothing more. He shouldn't have extra awareness because he's hostile, so if he does, I'm not sure why. Maybe he hears you and turns around, I'm not sure. But I do know that it's a small room and he already knows your in there. I can take a closer look at this but I don't know if I can do anything.

After reloading: I lockpick in sneak. Again 0 visibility meter as he drinks a coke. I do not take the money out of the box and then approach him. Criminal Violation (had none on the first time) he draws his gun, but runs away in fear (I didn't do anythin violent nor had I drawn any weapons). While writing this update. He calms himself and is interactable again. Cops outside call me to come out though.

Tried to repeat this process a couple of times. Lockpicking did nothing. Taking it always triggers him going violent from 0 visibility to 100 visibility instantly.

-----------

This is a long standing bug, as Malkav said. If there's a way I can fix it, believe me I will. Smile

-----------

Wanted to test the lockpick at the astrolite quest spot, but it is permanently barred. Forgot about that. Btw why? Is is possible to keep it open? Especially if I want to come back at some point and lockpick it or beat up that shitty gangers for interfering with me?
I'm not sure what you mean here. There's a lock pick place next to the Astrolite? Like in the same room as Dennis and the thug? I wasn't aware of this.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 5:21 pm

Well, the main problem with Killpatrick going hostile that easily is, that he is a major important npc for the early game. Quite some quests take place in his building or need to be done at his computer (at least if you play properly). Now granted, most people might now how it goes, but I'm just not sure if it is that good to do something drastic that early in the game as loosing a major quest giver.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 5:50 pm

Did he go hostile for simply trying to pick the lock, or when you stole the money? Also, what's the lockpick level needed to open the chest? Maybe we can increase it so it becomes a late game item.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 6:23 pm

Maybe you have to set him back to neutral shortly after picking the lock.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 7:42 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Maybe you have to set him back to neutral shortly after picking the lock.

I suppose I could put a script in there that fires off on a timer putting him back to neutral.
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 7:45 pm

He went hostile after getting the loot (but once when I got a criminal violation just for picklocking).

Difficulty was 5ish and I did get 50 dollars for that awesome theft.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 8:09 pm

kyoden wrote:
He went hostile after getting the loot (but once when I got a criminal violation just for picklocking).

Difficulty was 5ish and I did get 50 dollars for that awesome theft.

Next time, pick the lock, steal the money, and WASTE THAT MOTHERFUCKER!! HAHAHA

...after completing his side quests.
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 6:32 pm

Just wondering.

Was stealth always that broken?

My char got stealth 6 and with the perma use of Quietus 1 (without blood cost, this is also very damn powerful, especially if the Stealth works as intended) up to Stealth 8. During the warehouse mission this basicly allowed me to stealth any thug even though I was like 1 inch away from them. Sometimes they "turned around" to see nothing. Visibility meter was up to 99. But still nothing. I stealth fed 2 thugs standing next to each other and another one I wasn't able to pass I "stealth bumped" into him until he moved out of the way .... No Obfuscate used whatsoever. I could repeat this as often as I wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 7:21 pm

kyoden wrote:
Just wondering.

Was stealth always that broken?

My char got stealth 6 and with the perma use of Quietus 1 (without blood cost, this is also very damn powerful, especially if the Stealth works as intended) up to Stealth 8. During the warehouse mission this basicly allowed me to stealth any thug even though I was like 1 inch away from them. Sometimes they "turned around" to see nothing. Visibility meter was up to 99. But still nothing. I stealth fed 2 thugs standing next to each other and another one I wasn't able to pass I "stealth bumped" into him until he moved out of the way .... No Obfuscate used whatsoever. I could repeat this as often as I wanted to.

I made stealth harder in TFN 1.0. Is it still too easy? I rarely play stealth characters.
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 7:23 pm

5 russian mobsters all blind ...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Childe of Malkav on Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Put large picture in Spoiler)
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 7:26 pm

Seriously. .....

This is crap. They all react like "who is there" bump into me and turn around walking away. 5 guards. I actively move. I'm in plain sight. Very illuminated.....

I also have to add that I can "combat feed" on someone with 0 points in unarmed whatsoever. I basicly go upfront ... stealthed of course. Try to feed. Failed. Feed. Failed. Feed. Failed. Feed. Failed (I smash the F button pretty hard here) then the feed works and instantly stop feeding due me aborting instantly (again still hitting F key). He needs to attack me after the first time I try to feed from him and fail if I come from the front ...

Last edited by kyoden on Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 7:28 pm

Kyoden, please put large pictures like this in spoiler brackets.
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 7:31 pm

Yepp, sorry. Kinda in enrage mode here. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 7:36 pm

I will check this out man. Do you know where to adjust the stealth settings? Go here \Vampire\vdata\system and open up stealth.txt. You can adjust the settings. Play with it, see what works.
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 7:47 pm

So, combat encounters were never easier than this. Kinda sad. (I'm playing that Lockpick 8 Hacking 8 dude that was requested. Besides Stealth 6 I have spend 0 XP in anything at all).

How does the stealth system work in bloodlines?

If so is it possible to make changes. For example more guys get closeby add to their value or whatnot?

Edit: Stealth Killed Edgar Hirst and his crew (granted had to reload Hirst a couple of times, but if you know what you are doing... piece of cake)
Do I remember it correctly that there was a follow up quest after killing them. There is video surveillance everywhere. So, you should be getting caught red handed unless you clean up your mess somehow.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 5:51 am

kyoden wrote:
Edit: Stealth Killed Edgar Hirst and his crew (granted had to reload Hirst a couple of times, but if you know what you are doing... piece of cake)
I know his crew is easily disposed of, but I never managed to stealth kill Edgar.
Quote :
Do I remember it correctly that there was a follow up quest after killing them. There is video surveillance everywhere. So, you should be getting caught red handed unless you clean up your mess somehow.
Not until now. But the idea is sound. On the other hand, the guy watching the security tape only ever looks in Hannah's apartment...
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 10:04 pm

Is there anything supposed to happen at fat larrys briefcase quest? I am waiting there behind some crates trying to enjoy the show after stealthing through the whole crowd (btw did you know that you can stealth use a computer when someone else is using it?.

I think the thug with the briefcase is stuck at the edge of the car as his foot wiggles from time to time as he might want to do some movement.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 10:09 pm

kyoden wrote:
Is there anything supposed to happen at fat larrys briefcase quest? I am waiting there behind some crates trying to enjoy the show after stealthing through the whole crowd (btw did you know that you can stealth use a computer when someone else is using it?.

I think the thug with the briefcase is stuck at the edge of the car as his foot wiggles from time to time as he might want to do some movement.

I think you can steal the briefcase quietly and they notice it's gone and start shooting at each other, I believe.
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 10:19 pm

Japp, that happened eventually. The bugged guy was able to move around the car. Maybe repath him a little?

Btw I seriously would like to look into sneaking in 1.4 - 1.5 or something.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 10:24 pm

kyoden wrote:
Japp, that happened eventually. The bugged guy was able to move around the car. Maybe repath him a little?

Btw I seriously would like to look into sneaking in 1.4 - 1.5 or something.

I'm kind've hoping you would tweak it for 1.4 and let me have the file and test it out.
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 10:58 pm

I certainly can, but I need more information about how stealth works and I think we need to do some additional tweeks to make stealth more realistic like group bonuses or whatnot. Facing seems to be in the game (stealth kill), so it should be able to do something there as well.

Also, is it possible to block the interaction icon from an item as long as an npc is "interacting" with it. On the Dane a cop was using the board computer. I was able to stealth close to him and use the computer as well. That the Cop wasn't able to spot me is one thing, that I can completely ignore him something different.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 11:07 pm

Kyoden,

You seem like a reasonably intelligent guy. I'm hiring you to become the "Stealth TCI Developer" and want you to learn everything there is to know about the Stealth feat. Just that one feat, nothing else. You will specialize in Stealth ONLY. Learn the numbers, the file, find out what does what, test it out, break it, drink wine with it, take a bath with it, let it tickle your ******, you get the idea.

I'm putting you in charge of Stealth, my newest member of TCI's Stealth Advancement Team Member of Stealthy Awesomness! cheers

Welcome aboard, now get to work and FIND US SOLUTIONS!! afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beta Test Playthrough   Beta Test Playthrough Empty

Back to top Go down

Beta Test Playthrough
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next