Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Beast within doesn't know how to fight

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Griff
Ancillae
Ancillae
Griff

The Beast within doesn't know how to fight Empty
PostSubject: The Beast within doesn't know how to fight   The Beast within doesn't know how to fight EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:53 am

I just ran into a rather odd bug. My current character is an Osebo with 3 dots each in strength and brawl. I had a 4-dot Blood Buff and 3-dot Potence active when I frenzied. Against enemies that I was previously striking for ~30 damage with my fists, I hit for 0-2 damage while frenzied. I'm guessing this is a bug because frenzying shouldn't nerf your damage like that.

When playing bloodlines with just wesp's patch, I used to sometimes intentionally spend all of my blood to force a frenzy in order to deal with a troublesome boss, "riding the wave" so to speak. It would be nice to be able to do it in the final nights as well.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: The Beast within doesn't know how to fight   The Beast within doesn't know how to fight EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 11:31 am

Ok, let me explain something, often people do this. Potence adds to the Strenght atribbute, which you can't have more than 5. Which means that if you have 5 strenght + 5 potence, you get no benefits from potence except from the lightning effects. Now, 1 strenght + 4 potence or 4 strenght + 1 potence would be effective.
I never tried it with bloodbuff, but I'm pretty sure it works the same.

About frenzy, I think someone will come and correct me, but Disciplines don't run while you're frenzied.
Back to top Go down
Griff
Ancillae
Ancillae
Griff

PostSubject: Re: The Beast within doesn't know how to fight   The Beast within doesn't know how to fight EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 11:39 am

Cretino wrote:
Ok, let me explain something, often people do this. Potence adds to the Strenght atribbute, which you can't have more than 5. Which means that if you have 5 strenght + 5 potence, you get no benefits from potence except from the lightning effects. Now, 1 strenght + 4 potence or 4 strenght + 1 potence would be effective.
I never tried it with bloodbuff, but I'm pretty sure it works the same.

About frenzy, I think someone will come and correct me, but Disciplines don't run while you're frenzied.

I'm looking at my character screen right now with both Potence and Blood Buff active. My unarmed feat is 14. 6 from 3 brawl and 3 strength, 4 from Blood Buff, 3 from Potence, and 1 from my history. Also, even if my disciplines aren't working while frenzied, my damage shouldn't drop down to zero.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: The Beast within doesn't know how to fight   The Beast within doesn't know how to fight EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 11:56 am

There is probably a problem that your character doesn't equip the claws. Do you remember if you had the claw icon in the weapon slot under the healthbar?
I had similar problems with CE, but I don't remember what caused it, and what to do about it.
Back to top Go down
Griff
Ancillae
Ancillae
Griff

PostSubject: Re: The Beast within doesn't know how to fight   The Beast within doesn't know how to fight EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 11:58 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
There is probably a problem that your character doesn't equip the claws. Do you remember if you had the claw icon in the weapon slot under the healthbar?
I had similar problems with CE, but I don't remember what caused it, and what to do about it.

Yeah my character definitely wasn't using claws. I assumed that it was a deliberate change, as it doesn't make much sense to suddenly grow claws during a frenzy.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: The Beast within doesn't know how to fight   The Beast within doesn't know how to fight EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 3:06 pm

Mhm, I see Zer0 made a chnage there. So did you have a fist symbol, or nothing?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Beast within doesn't know how to fight   The Beast within doesn't know how to fight EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:21 pm

Griff wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

Yeah my character definitely wasn't using claws. I assumed that it was a deliberate change, as it doesn't make much sense to suddenly grow claws during a frenzy.

I took the claws out because it didn't make sense for any clan except Protean clans to use claws. As far as limits go, I raised the Strength cap to 10 along with all other Attributes, and I capped the feats at 20 instead of 10.

I'm not sure why you're losing strength and damage but I've noticed that before too. I'll look into it.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Beast within doesn't know how to fight   The Beast within doesn't know how to fight EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 4:18 pm

I will need to frenzy and check the damage I do with my fists and see what my Strength is.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Beast within doesn't know how to fight   The Beast within doesn't know how to fight Empty

Back to top Go down

The Beast within doesn't know how to fight
Page 1 of 1