Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Extended Ranking System

Go down 
+8
Feral
Cretino
Karavolos
Claudia
malak
YamiRaziel
Childe of Malkav
Zer0Morph
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Extended Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 6:30 pm

Guys,

Claudia and Malkav are about to hit 5,000 posts. They reached Caine status like 1000 years ago and have nowhere to go from there. I decided to extend the ranking system to 8 blood dots instead of 7. Now when you hit 5,000 posts, you reach "Beyond Caine" rank. I updated the official post.

Check out the post I made back in 2010, HAHAHAHA! Shows you how long I thought TCI would be around!  Razz  Razz
Extended Ranking System 352n6gp

https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t276-tci-official-forum-ranking-system
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 6:55 pm

Beyond Caine? wouldn't that be "god"? scratch Or Adam? Or Lucifer?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 7:29 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Beyond Caine? wouldn't that be "god"? scratch  Or Adam? Or Lucifer?

You tell me, you're about to get there. Razz
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 8:40 pm

Well, there are good reasons for all of them.
God created man, and cursed Caine to become vampire.
Adam was Caine's father.
Lucifer was the first to fall from God's grace, closely followed by Caine.

If you ask for my personal feelings, make it Lucifer. The purely biological link to Adam is a bit weak. And I really can't stand that god described in the old testament. I feel much more comfortable with being someone fallen from his grace, because that's exactly where I'd stand if He existed.
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 9:02 pm

I like the idea of Lucifer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 10:18 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Beyond Caine? wouldn't that be "god"? scratch  Or Adam? Or Lucifer?
Lillith? She taught Caine the first disciplines, so who knows what she is.
AnteCaine?
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 11:39 pm

5000 posts can also be custom name title.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 12:35 am

but then our resident megalomaniac has to be reverted.

Upon consideration, I wholeheartedly endorse this option!
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 3:38 am

I vote for "Abel" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 3:40 am

Claudia wrote:
I vote for "Abel" Very Happy
I thought Abel was disabeld by Caine. scratch
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 3:41 am

Of course.
Ask a Giovanni :3
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 3:49 am

I thought we were, while not openly contrary to, mildly adverse to shifting games.
Wraith has its own legends of Abel, and while they do mix nicely (due to utilizing the same Judeo-Christian mythology), I'm not sure how you would shift from being the first vampire to being the first wraith.
And then you through in some W:tA myths and the whole deal gets a WHOLE lot more complicated.

Is G-d the Weaver? What a Face
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 3:53 am

Well cWoD games don't mix well

(again, nWoD is superior :p )
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 4:03 am

While I do love most of the nWoD, there remains a singular issue I have with it:

No "big baddy" waiting to come out of the closet/sewer/gutter/ocean/abyss to kill us all. Sure, W:tF has the great banes (can't remember what they are called, the biggest 'evil' spirits equal to the planets spirits in rank), and Mage makes some reference to creatures from the Abyss, there is no armageddon myth in the games. I can't scare my players with something whose rules simply say "Dementation 10: Plot Device". Sure, I can write something myself, but players respond SO much better to something from the canon lore.

but for cross-game rules, nWoD reigns supreme. I remember back with v1 V:tM and W:tA where strength scores meant different things! "so, in these rules I can lift a ford truck, but in these I can only push it?!"
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 4:34 am

malak wrote:
but then our resident megalomaniac has to be reverted.

Upon consideration, I wholeheartedly endorse this option!

I could always be an exception as to further my own sense of greatness by being a unique and special snowflake What a Face

Ps. How about extending the ranking to make the first step "Mortal" going to "Ghoul" to "Fledgeling" etc and upwards?
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 5:31 am

Because then I would need to be reverted back a couple hundred posts.Razz
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 6:09 am

malak wrote:
Ps. How about extending the ranking to make the first step "Mortal" going to "Ghoul" to "Fledgeling" etc and upwards?

I did suggest that already, and they ignored it.

Last edited by Cretino on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 6:10 am

The resident megalomaniac is telling them to stop ignoring and make it a thing? What a Face
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 8:34 am

Do stop at Caine. We have enough ranks.

Do not play with G*d or names of demons, though. I played with occultism a bit RL and...
I will only say it is not so good idea.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 8:46 am

Share with us, it is the Dark Room afterall Smile we know about racism, incest, necrophilia, larceny, heck the list is long... but nothing is new anymore.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 2:54 pm

Feral wrote:
Do not play with G*d or names of demons, though.

Agreed, going too far with mixing real life with fantasy is a bad idea. I find a title called Lucifer to be personally sac religious so I'll leave it at "Beyond Caine" and let your imagination fill in the blanks.
Back to top Go down
Griff
Ancillae
Ancillae
Griff

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 2:58 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Feral wrote:
Do not play with G*d or names of demons, though.

Agreed, going too far with mixing real life with fantasy is a bad idea. I find a title called Lucifer to be personally sac religious so I'll leave it at "Beyond Caine" and let your imagination fill in the blanks.

I don't really care about forum titles one way or another, but this strikes me as odd. How is using Lucifer sacreligious, yet Cain isn't? I mean, Lucifer is a real guy in the world of darkness too. The whole setting draws very heavily from all kinds of religions.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 3:10 pm

Griff wrote:
I don't really care about forum titles one way or another, but this strikes me as odd. How is using Lucifer sacreligious, yet Cain isn't? I mean, Lucifer is a real guy in the world of darkness too. The whole setting draws very heavily from all kinds of religions.

Cain(e) is sacreligious and it has always bothered me but I've done my best to ignore it. I did find it funny that White Wolf spells is Caine when the biblical figure is spelled Cain, however using Adam as the name of his father and Eve as the name of his mother shows that WW are referring to the biblical Cain.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 3:13 pm

Well, if the current rankings make people uncomfortable, we could always switch to Camarilla titles (we are Team Camarilla International, after all). As far as I remember, these don't have any religious implications.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 3:16 pm

We may be Team Camarilla, but I certainly ain't. If someone decides to switch to Camarilla titles (or to Sabbat titles for that matter), I'll have to use the special rank "Baron".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extended Ranking System   Extended Ranking System Empty

Back to top Go down

Extended Ranking System
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next