Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Samedi can't shop

Go down 
+3
Childe of Malkav
Claudia
Griff
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Griff
Ancillae
Ancillae
Griff

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 9:56 am

If I try to buy something from the Red Spot guy, he freaks out and runs away. While this would be the expected response, it obviously has some rather annoying gameplay implications. I can't buy anything from Tseng either. He just shoots me. I can enter dialogue with him by obfuscating and talking to him before he notices me, but he starts shooting me again once his shop window opens.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 11:41 am

That's why you have to buy from other vendors Smile
Back to top Go down
Griff
Ancillae
Ancillae
Griff

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 11:45 am

Claudia wrote:
That's why you have to buy from other vendors Smile
From who? Larry doesn't update his merchandise.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 11:46 am

Mercurio does, doesn't he?
Back to top Go down
Griff
Ancillae
Ancillae
Griff

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 11:49 am

Claudia wrote:
Mercurio does, doesn't he?
I just checked him and Trip to be absolutely sure, neither of them sell clothing. Mercurio does have a rather nice sniper rifle that I had forgotten about, though.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:09 pm

I think it is a bug. Zer0 has probably forgotten to adjust their criminal reaction. That would also explain why Slater flees and Tseng attacks.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 3:38 pm

Having those 2 vendors freak out IS realistic but not intended. I wanted you to be able to buy from these vendors so I'll count this as a bug and check it out. This needs to be working properly in 1.4.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 6:23 am

What about adjusting Mercurios Inventory if you play a Samedi? More realistic, without destroying the fun of shopping. Or maybe someone else to shop from.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 9:07 am

kyoden wrote:
What about adjusting Mercurios Inventory if you play a Samedi? More realistic, without destroying the fun of shopping. Or maybe someone else to shop from.
That idea isn't bad.
You can add the items at a higher Minstage (+100) to Mercurio's vendor inventory. If the player is Samedi (and Story State >10), save the current Story_State when you enter the apartment, set G.Story_State to G.Story_State+100, then Mercurio sells the additional equipment. When you leave, just restore the original Story state.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 3:35 pm

The HW and CH vendors have cool lines specifically for Samedi/Nosferatu, the player would miss out on those lines. Plus, wouldn't that force a Samedi character to be nice to Mercurio? I mean, if you piss him off early in the game, and don't realize he's the ONLY vendor you can buy from, that would screw you way later down the road after you've invested many hours into your character. How pissed would a player be when they find out they screwed themselves 5 minutes after the game started but didn't realize it until they got to Hollywood. No
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 3:41 pm

Larry also sells to Nossies as far as I know.

Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 3:49 pm

Claudia wrote:
Larry also sells to Nossies as far as I know.

Trip
Larry
Akeem
Jimmy Reed
Ox
Vandal
Mercurio

That's the current vendor list. Slater and Tseng are the two with the issues I believe.

Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 3:50 pm

Ox may have the armor tier then instead ?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 3:53 pm

Claudia wrote:
Ox may have the armor tier then instead ?

I just don't think I like the idea of banishing these 2 vendors from the Samedi. I'd rather just fix the problem and move on.
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 8:43 pm

What about giving each playthrough a different experience? Why play a guy that looks like a monster if not at least some react to it.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 pm

kyoden wrote:
What about giving each playthrough a different experience? Why play a guy that looks like a monster if not at least some react to it.

Plenty of people react to it, the streets are full of them. Besides, by the time the Samedi gets to Hollywood he knows who he can and cannot talk too. SM and LA have shown the Samedi he's safe to talk to vendors, then all the sudden Slater pulls out a gun on him in HW and Tseng shoots at him in China Town? That doesn't seem very consistent.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 12:20 pm

I looked into your problem this morning and I can't find anything wrong with shopping with Slater or Tseng, must be your game or something. In fact, Tseng's shop is a combat zone, not a masquerade zone so there's no reason why he would shoot at you unless you did something first. Spicoli at the Red Spot will panic if you keep running into him but Slater never panics or attacks so I'm not sure why that's happening in your game.
Back to top Go down
Griff
Ancillae
Ancillae
Griff

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 12:59 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
I looked into your problem this morning and I can't find anything wrong with shopping with Slater or Tseng, must be your game or something. In fact, Tseng's shop is a combat zone, not a masquerade zone so there's no reason why he would shoot at you unless you did something first. Spicoli at the Red Spot will panic if you keep running into him but Slater never panics or attacks so I'm not sure why that's happening in your game.

How odd. I haven't modified my installation at all except for adding sweetfx and an eye replacer. I also made sure to install TFN over a clean, unpatched installation of bloodlines.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 1:16 pm

Griff wrote:
How odd. I haven't modified my installation at all except for adding sweetfx and an eye replacer. I also made sure to install TFN over a clean, unpatched installation of bloodlines.

Yeah, I'm at a loss to help you with this. You're the only person to report this issue and not only did I play test it this morning and it worked as intended, but I also looked into the map and dialogue files to see where Tseng or Slater would get hostile and I don't see anything where they could... unless of course you began attacking them first.

I'm not sure what to do because I can't fix something that isn't broken on my end. scratch

Sorry man. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Griff
Ancillae
Ancillae
Griff

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 1:21 pm

Oh well. I've had my fun with Samedi. With 1.4 on the horizon I'm looking forward to a more social character anyway.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 1:24 pm

I'm playing a female Baali specializing in Persuasion/Seduction and Presence. I can't express how much fun I'm having with her, she's a blast. Her ability to control the minds and opinions of everyone she talks too is amazing, however her covert skills absolutely suck and she can't fight worth a darn. Fortunately, she doesn't need to fight most of the time because she can avoid issues and manipulate her way through most situations. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 10:15 pm

Please don't tell me you entered those place with your weapons in hand.
Back to top Go down
Griff
Ancillae
Ancillae
Griff

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 11:26 pm

Cretino wrote:
Please don't tell me you entered those place with your weapons in hand.

Please don't insult my intelligence.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 11:39 pm

^^^ LOL lol!
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 12:08 am

It was the only thing that was left that would freak people out.
(the other day, someone got a "bug" but it was just a sequence break, so Im like... asking many questions now)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Samedi can't shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samedi can't shop   Samedi can't shop Empty

Back to top Go down

Samedi can't shop
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next