Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting stuck after freeing Lily

Go down 
+2
Maxus Corvin
Aron Times
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Aron Times
Fledgling
Fledgling
Aron Times

Getting stuck after freeing Lily Empty
PostSubject: Getting stuck after freeing Lily   Getting stuck after freeing Lily EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 7:39 pm

I'm playing a Male Salubri. After freeing Lily (the thin-blood being farmed by Vandal the Blood Bank manager), my character gets stuck in the doorway. Activating noclip doesn't work; I still get stuck. Basically, my character is too far to the left just a tiny bit and it's getting him stuck on the left side of the doorway.

Is there a workaround for this? I'm doing a roleplaying run, and I'd have to abandon a significant section of my current run if I were to avoid this quest.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting stuck after freeing Lily   Getting stuck after freeing Lily EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 8:16 pm

Not sure how it will interact with Vandal's encounter, but using Camera_kill should allow you to move freely. I would think that simply going into the hall should trigger Vandal's dialogue at that point, but I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Aron Times
Fledgling
Fledgling
Aron Times

PostSubject: Re: Getting stuck after freeing Lily   Getting stuck after freeing Lily EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 8:41 pm

Replayed the whole thing and didn't get stuck. I had to reload because I messed up, and it took me back to before Lily was freed. Freed Lily again and got stuck this time. camera_kill did not work. noclip with camera_kill didn't work either.

Looks like I need to save before the Lily sequence and hope that I don't get stuck. Are there other commands that might work?
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Getting stuck after freeing Lily   Getting stuck after freeing Lily EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 9:56 pm

Do it later? Try using a different armor, just to make sure it's not about your model/skin? Enter the room while crouched?
Back to top Go down
Tony77
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Getting stuck after freeing Lily   Getting stuck after freeing Lily EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 4:50 am

I remember it as an old bug... It does not happen in years.
Back to top Go down
Aron Times
Fledgling
Fledgling
Aron Times

PostSubject: Re: Getting stuck after freeing Lily   Getting stuck after freeing Lily EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 4:27 pm

Cretino wrote:
Do it later? Try using a different armor, just to make sure it's not about your model/skin? Enter the room while crouched?
Crouching worked. I was able to free Lily and not get trapped myself. Thank you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Getting stuck after freeing Lily   Getting stuck after freeing Lily EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 10:49 pm

rofl

I literally engage problems in a different angle!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Getting stuck after freeing Lily   Getting stuck after freeing Lily EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 1:46 pm

I've been stuck during the cutscene her as well, many times. I generally just save and reload and it almost always works on the 2nd time and certainly the third. Crouched sounds like a viable option too. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
DanteMalkblood
Fledgling
Fledgling
DanteMalkblood

PostSubject: Re: Getting stuck after freeing Lily   Getting stuck after freeing Lily EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 10:52 am

The Final Nights: I've prepared patched and unpatched vanilla for this expansion. I had to download 1.4 version, cause I had 1.3. I've installed version 1.4 over patched version, then I've applied update, and then the hotfix. The game starts normally, but resolution is a pain in the ass. I have a widescreen; my resolution 1920x1080, so naturally, the gameplay was cut on top and bottom, it was blurry and kinda confusing to play, disorienting actually.

So I tried to use ResPatch, and it required me to find cl_dlls. Said folder exists, but ResPatch kept saying "Could not be found." I've tried Install64, and it required Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines.msi file which isn't there. After fidgeting with ResPatch, it somehow allowed the change of resolution in game. ResPatch did not notify me of it, I just relaunched the game and suddenly, the resolution was applied by itself. (Note: Confusion - epic level) I've picked clan Salubri, as I've played with all others in previous version of TFN. The disappointment appeared when I went to blood bank to free Lily. After the dialogue, I expected she'd run out of the room and I'd be stopped by Vandal. However, Lily remained standing near the dead guy she drained and my character became useless. I was only able to use quest log, inventory, mouse camera and character sheet. All other controls were useless. No movements, no disciplines, nothing. Just stuck there in a limbo. I've tried reloading the game and same thing happened.
After reading some facts; someone said that I shouldn't patch vanilla game. So I applied TFN, TFN update and hotfix over unpatched vanilla. Same thing happened. On that same quest part. I've tried crouching while entering the room, still nothing. Game by default forces you to stand up, you free Lily, she drains the guy, after the dialogue, she still stands there and you can't move. Camera kill doesn't work, no clip doesn't work. Nothing.
I haven't experienced this issue with other clans. I've played as Assamite, Baali, Followers of Set, Ishtarri and Osebo. They worked perfectly. I didn't have problems with their disciplines. But with Salubri...this is the problem. And I don't know what to do anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting stuck after freeing Lily   Getting stuck after freeing Lily Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting stuck after freeing Lily
Page 1 of 1