Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life Bar Randomly Disappearing - Bug or Feature?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aron Times
Fledgling
Fledgling
Aron Times

Life Bar Randomly Disappearing - Bug or Feature? Empty
PostSubject: Life Bar Randomly Disappearing - Bug or Feature?   Life Bar Randomly Disappearing - Bug or Feature? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 4:32 pm

Playing a Salubri gunslinger right now, and I'm a bit annoyed at how my life meter randomly disappears, whether in or out of combat. I can't tell how close I am to death, so I don't know if I can YOLO rush a boss and try to bring him or her down quickly enough before I get dusted or try to regenerate from the safety of cover using Obeah and Blood Heal and my innate Salubri regeneration.

This doesn't seem to be a feature because if HP were supposed to be hidden, we shouldn't be able to see boss HP or even the color-coded damage numbers which turn redder as the target loses HP. Also, there's no visual indicator unlike in some hyper-realistic FPS games which have no health bars; my character functions just as well with 1 HP vs. 100% HP (it's just that he's more likely to flip out and kill something when he's at death's door).

Is there a fix for this?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Life Bar Randomly Disappearing - Bug or Feature?   Life Bar Randomly Disappearing - Bug or Feature? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 1:51 pm

Aron,

Never in 11 years have I ever seen this myself or heard of anyone else having this issue. This must certainly be a graphical bug related to your install only. You may want a fresh reinstall as it seems you've been having all sorts of little bugs like this. What was your install process? Was the order exactly like this?

1.) Install a fresh copy of Bloodlines
2.) Install TFN 1.3 and nothing else
3.) Install TFN 1.3.1 hot fix and nothing else

Run the game...

Did you have previous mods or UPs installed before and then removed, and then you put TFN on it?
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Aron Times
Fledgling
Fledgling
Aron Times

PostSubject: Re: Life Bar Randomly Disappearing - Bug or Feature?   Life Bar Randomly Disappearing - Bug or Feature? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 8:00 pm

I have Windows 10, so I had to use a workaround to get TFN 1.3.1 running. I remember that this never happened with my previous Let's Play attempt, which was done in Windows 8.1. Also, I noticed that the life bar randomly disappears in UP 9.4+ as well, so this might be a problem with Wesp's Unofficial Patch.

It's only been a problem in TFN and not in the UP+ because my character takes HP damage when his blood pool is low, and sometimes I enter combat without knowing this since the life bar is too faint or outright gone. Also, combat in TFN is much harder and more lethal than in the base game, even with the UP+ installed, so it's a bigger problem now.

However, it's not a game breaker, as I can simply outlast my enemies with the innate Salubri regeneration + Obeah 3. I can live with it, but would prefer it to be fixed. Not sure if you can fix it, though, since you don't seem to be on Windows 10 (judging by the last few posts of yours that I read). You might need someone who has Windows 10 to find out how the bug can be patched.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Life Bar Randomly Disappearing - Bug or Feature?   Life Bar Randomly Disappearing - Bug or Feature? EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 2:52 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. Yeah, this seems to only have happened to you since upgrading to Windows 10. What's strange, is that none of my other Win 10 users are having this issue, at least nobody has reported it yet, and this seems like it would be a game breaking bug for many, including me. I still think a complete reinstall of Bloodlines/TFN would probably fix the issue but understand if you don't want to do that. Either way, GL! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life Bar Randomly Disappearing - Bug or Feature?   Life Bar Randomly Disappearing - Bug or Feature? Empty

Back to top Go down

Life Bar Randomly Disappearing - Bug or Feature?
Page 1 of 1