Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crashes on loading a new game, only when playing CE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ettinarius
Ancillae
Ancillae

Crashes on loading a new game, only when playing CE Empty
PostSubject: Crashes on loading a new game, only when playing CE   Crashes on loading a new game, only when playing CE EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 2:45 pm

Hi all, long time no see. Wasn't sure if I should make this a new topic or append to someone else's, but since the advice I've read so far hasn't worked, I thought a new one might be better?

I've installed VTM on my new Win 10 laptop but cannot start a new game. I can get through the videos at the beginning, and I can use the main menu, but when I click "new game" and the loading screen appears, it only loads to what looks like about 3% and then I get a message saying that vampire.exe needs to close.

I've spent eight hours so far trying to fix this one issue and am out of ideas on what else to try.

The most common solution I've seen online seems to be to reinstall the game. I've tried that, and ensured to manually delete any remaining files so that it would be a completely fresh install, but that was met with mixed success. The vanilla game actually runs fine, I can start a new game and play it without any crashing, but only IF I don't install Camarilla Edition. If I do install CE, I end up with this crashing problem. It's frustrating because texture quality without CE is awful to the point of distracting from gameplay, but if I install CE I can't play the game at all.

Here's what I've tried/checked so far:
* I am using the vampire.exe file from UP 9.4, which has not helped in this case (though I did need it on my last computer).
* I am running the game from vampire.exe directly, not through Steam.
* It is running in compatibility for Windows XP Service Pack 3, and in administrator mode.
* Someone mentioned SweetFX causing problems like this, so I tried removing it from the game folder temporarily. Still no improvement, so I put it back.
* Steam's auto-update during gameplay is disabled in the Steam menu. If I right-click VTMB and choose Properties, the Automatic Updates dropdown doesn't have an option to fully disable it, so I assume the former was all I needed to disable.
* I have heard that using an integrated graphics processor could lead to similar problems. My laptop has two graphics processors, a decent NVIDIA gaming one and a crappier integrated one. I've tried using both and have the same problem either way.

Here's what the crash log tells me, if it helps any:

Is there anything else I haven't tried yet that might be able to help?

Barring that, if I just really can't get CE to work, is there any other patch that just includes the texture updates, so that I can at least play with decent graphics? Because even with the game settings all at max, all of the textures in-game (including characters' hair and clothing) are super agonizingly blurry and pixelated. I don't know why, only that CE fixes it. Although I'd really miss a lot of the other additions, I think I could tough it out without CE if only the textures weren't so bad.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Crashes on loading a new game, only when playing CE   Crashes on loading a new game, only when playing CE EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 5:04 pm

Haven't played with Steams Bloodlines myself, but some users reported problems using any mod while the game files were still inside the Steam folder. Try moving them out of Steam into general program files.
Also, can you run TFN or UP? If neither of those work either, then it is something with with your machine/files. If they do work, then it might be your copy of the mod, so a fresh patch download or new source might be in order.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Crashes on loading a new game, only when playing CE   Crashes on loading a new game, only when playing CE EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 5:50 am

Sorry, I can't help you. I have neither Staem nor Win10.
If Malak's suggestions don't help you might consider posting the problem on [url=planetvampire.com]Planet Vampire[/url].
If you report there, the following info is needed:
your OS
the version of bloodlines, in your case Steam
which mod you are using and if other mods or the patch work
Back to top Go down
Ettinarius
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: Crashes on loading a new game, only when playing CE   Crashes on loading a new game, only when playing CE EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 6:02 pm

Hmm. Moving it out of the Steam folder doesn't result in any difference for me. Was worth a try, at least.

I know that TFN = The Final Nights, but what does UP stand for?
[Edit] Oh, it's the Unofficial Patch. I remember now. Nevermind I guess. Razz
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Crashes on loading a new game, only when playing CE   Crashes on loading a new game, only when playing CE EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 11:34 am

Ettinarius wrote:
Hmm. Moving it out of the Steam folder doesn't result in any difference for me. Was worth a try, at least.

I know that TFN = The Final Nights, but what does UP stand for?
[Edit] Oh, it's the Unofficial Patch. I remember now. Nevermind I guess. Razz

Sorry, I forget that people don't have all of our abbreviations and codes memorized.

Yeah, UP is Wesps Unofficial Patch, while UP+ refers specifically to his Plus mode from the UP.

Do either of them work for you? That would at least help pinpoint the issue.
Back to top Go down
Ettinarius
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: Crashes on loading a new game, only when playing CE   Crashes on loading a new game, only when playing CE EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 8:38 am

Sorry, forgot I was going to come back and update y'all.

Tried UP first and it did work, and I've been able to play about three hours so far with no other hiccups. Very Happy I'm going to assume my copy of CE just got corrupted or something. Next laptop, next install, I'll redownload it fresh instead of from a backup. That's probably all I need to do to make it work. Thanks for all the advice!
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Crashes on loading a new game, only when playing CE   Crashes on loading a new game, only when playing CE EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 7:58 pm

Corrupted download it was, then... Don't try old saves in new game, though. Weird stuff happens.
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Crashes on loading a new game, only when playing CE   Crashes on loading a new game, only when playing CE EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 11:07 am

Do you know where you got your download from? We can check to make sure that source is good for others, and fix it if we need to. Childe floats around a bit still.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crashes on loading a new game, only when playing CE   Crashes on loading a new game, only when playing CE Empty

Back to top Go down

Crashes on loading a new game, only when playing CE
Page 1 of 1