Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is it possible to make a toreador haven?

Go down 
+2
8people
SisterMalk
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SisterMalk
Fledgling
Fledgling

Is it possible to make a toreador haven? Empty
PostSubject: Is it possible to make a toreador haven?   Is it possible to make a toreador haven? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:22 pm

I know that it is difficult to add new content to the game... but... seeing all the great work you've done and the possibilities shown to us, maybe it is an option.

i just thought about it when i saw that there is a (not working) lock at the door beneath tawnis flat. since it would be an idea to give a haven after the kingsway - proven your worth - maybe there is a possibility to make a torie haven.

i mean you even digged out the ladies room in the last round *bows*.

i would not have more ideas to the other clans. i see no possibilty of a brujah haven (since i would place it around the last round, giving it after the plague bearer quest) but it would not be so different to the sm haven, would it?

gangrel - no idea, since no one knows where beckett lives and there are loners anyway.

malks - same, not that they are loners but the skyline suits them i think as it does the ventrue.

Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to make a toreador haven?   Is it possible to make a toreador haven? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:35 am

The lock does work...

Unless that's something that has been alterred and I've missed it.

That flat is also references in a couple of places, there are cameras in there too if I remember rightly which could complicate manners considerably Wink

A Brujah haven in anarch territory wouldn't be good for the camarilla Wink Anarchs aren't really in the position of helping strangers find accomidation either, not their childe, not their responsibility.

Beckett doesn't even live in LA, he's visiting. Like a lot of travelling gangrel he probably sleeps underground during the day.

The game only uses the haven as a place to stash items, Heather and indicate day passing. Oh and the computer and mailbox for the odd quest I guess, it's a little unloved.

Making new areas is currently impossible, and as far as I'm aware so is replacing furniture and building textures based on clan. Would be funny to make Heather redecorate Laughing I guess where the game is set over a span of less than a week it wouldn't be feasible though.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to make a toreador haven?   Is it possible to make a toreador haven? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 6:39 am

I have a problem with havens because of loading screens. I usually sait until i actually have stuff to do un the haven.. Or at strauss' (noclip !).
If something of heavy work needs to be, it's thnking of erasing loading screens... But that's daydream :-)
Back to top Go down
SisterMalk
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to make a toreador haven?   Is it possible to make a toreador haven? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 7:36 am

8people wrote:
The lock does work...

Unless that's something that has been alterred and I've missed it.

That flat is also references in a couple of places, there are cameras in there too if I remember rightly which could complicate manners considerably Wink
do we mean the same? i mean the door next to the stairs that lead to tawnis flat. i never encountered something there that uses the lock or makes you get into. And even if there are cameras in: i've seen the people here working out the environment of the rooms and everything, why not just place something over it so it is hidden?

it was just an idea. i know that it is nearly impossible to add content. but as i said before, they digged out the ladies room including a door (window) in the last round.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to make a toreador haven?   Is it possible to make a toreador haven? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:09 am

Well, about the room under Tawni's flat does not exist on the map. It's just blank. So no chance of doing anything there.

And for the game, any haven given in Hollywood would be given by Isaak. So it could only be given to people who declare themselves anarchs, regardless of their clan. And that would require a complete rewriting of the game, because you'd openly refuse to work with LaCroix and can't get further quests from him.

Anyway, the Tremere and Nosferatu havens are only granted because these are the most "clannish" clans around. And they do have a lot of power within the Camarilla.

I'm not sure about the ladie's room in the last round now, but that kind of thing sounds more like Wesp than Zer0. I think I remember having that, playing with the patch only.

- geek
Back to top Go down
SisterMalk
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to make a toreador haven?   Is it possible to make a toreador haven? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:29 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Well, about the room under Tawni's flat does not exist on the map. It's just blank. So no chance of doing anything there.

And for the game, any haven given in Hollywood would be given by Isaak. So it could only be given to people who declare themselves anarchs, regardless of their clan. And that would require a complete rewriting of the game, because you'd openly refuse to work with LaCroix and can't get further quests from him.

Anyway, the Tremere and Nosferatu havens are only granted because these are the most "clannish" clans around. And they do have a lot of power within the Camarilla.

I'm not sure about the ladie's room in the last round now, but that kind of thing sounds more like Wesp than Zer0. I think I remember having that, playing with the patch only.

- geek

oh, okay. but isaak is not only anarch, he is toreador as well Smile

but i understand the problems and the idea of "clannish" so i will keep quiet about that Smile
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to make a toreador haven?   Is it possible to make a toreador haven? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:20 am

i mentioned somewhere else, and some people agreed,

that specially for malkavians the fact that Grout is dead, you never get to meet him alive, is very sad and frustrating - though probably integral to the story? the whole ming xau / la croix debacle? and also with bach.

one is left hoping that one could rescue Grout from ming disguised as nines, adopt him as a master the same way a tremere can adopt strauss, and that one could move in with him, get a haven that is a room in his house, that is, after saving the house as well from bach.

i can see several problems with it, though...

alternatevily, as the CQM for Malkavians implies that the malkavian reunites with the voerman sisters, perhaps we could get a room in the asylum.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to make a toreador haven?   Is it possible to make a toreador haven? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:20 am

Just because you're the same clan doesn't mean he owes you anything Wink
You're also a Camarilla fledgling, like it or not, with the one person in the city with no qualms about declaring your death with the cattleprod.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to make a toreador haven?   Is it possible to make a toreador haven? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:34 am

can you overlay CQM on CE 1.3?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to make a toreador haven?   Is it possible to make a toreador haven? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 7:54 pm

Velvet,
You can't just combine two mods by installing one and then copying the next over it. This will destroy both, as both mods change the same files in different ways.
You'd have to merge them, and that's a hell of work even with tools like winmerge. I have done it with the latest version of Wesps patch. It took me about a week, including all the necessary preparations. And with different mods, its even more work, because the changes are even bigger, and sometimes it's impossible or near impossible to do. As an example, I have changed items of the poster quest for CE, and I know that Burgermeister has completely removed the posterquest to have free items for his clan quests. So, what do I do about that?

- geek
Back to top Go down
SisterMalk
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to make a toreador haven?   Is it possible to make a toreador haven? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:14 pm

Velvet wrote:
can you overlay CQM on CE 1.3?

for me it does not work so good.

i tried it out but preferred CE. i missed most of the stuff that CE provided.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to make a toreador haven?   Is it possible to make a toreador haven? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:37 am

then it appears to be much more complicated than i can manage.
and i sure prefer the complete overhaul that is CE to just one CQ.
the words more trouble than it's worth crept to my mind.
and anyway Grout's Mansion is enough of a malkavian specific quest for my taste.

(i will never get over that it ends with finding the malkavian primogen dead.)
btw, answering 8people, since Grout is indeed malkavian primogen, does he not have duties to ALL malkavians? like they say, to lead is to serve, a fledgling owes him obedience but he owes the fledgling protection...
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to make a toreador haven?   Is it possible to make a toreador haven? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 6:57 pm

Not quite, Primogen aren't delegates to protect their clan. They are simply there to advise the prince, while it is considered curteous to have a representative from each clan with a major presence as a Primogen to ensure there isn't any overt bias towards any particular clan. Otherwise they're accessory and not held accountable for any clan members unless the Prince places you under their tutelage. In which case the primogen is expected to mentor fledglings of their clan via proxies or personal interest.

As none of the Primogen acknowledge your presence and the Prince himself has taken you under his wing, the Primogen have no plce providing for you.

The Tremere make a point of feeding blood from the seven clan leaders to each new fledgling, you did not recieve this drink upon embrace into the clan which is why Strauss keeps you under his roof. The Nosferatu are largely sect independant and tighter knit than other clans allowing a leniency ensuring you have a place to crash. The Nosferatu don't trust anyone outside the clan to kick them to the curb as soon as their use is no longer necessary and all members as a result have a backup, even if a pack or local community set up a place together, such as a particular stretch of sewer or abandoned section of warehouses.

It is, overall, the Prince who serves. Not the Primogen, even if they can be held accountable for clan screw ups.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to make a toreador haven?   Is it possible to make a toreador haven? EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 5:31 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
As an example, I have changed items of the poster quest for CE, and I know that Burgermeister has completely removed the posterquest to have free items for his clan quests. So, what do I do about that?

- geek
Duel to the death?

I played the CQ 2.0/CE 1.2 combo recently and it worked quite smoothly. Simply as a matter of personal taste, I prefer just plain CE (I just finished 1.3.01 as a Gangrel with the Vagabond history, which added a little extra challenge to keeping the Blood up).
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to make a toreador haven?   Is it possible to make a toreador haven? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 12:44 pm

thanks for enlightening me upon my place (as a character) in the VtMB vampire society.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to make a toreador haven?   Is it possible to make a toreador haven? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to make a toreador haven?
Page 1 of 1