Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE

Go down 
+4
Childe of Malkav
Zer0Morph
8people
Velvet
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE Empty
PostSubject: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:32 am

Blood Heal:

during the tutorial, when the character is shot by the Sabat, the whole sequence of the character speaking with Jack and Jack instructing the character to feed on the homeless guy seems yet tailored to the Vanilla version in which feeding would quicken the recovery from the wounds.
i think that jack should advise the character to use blood heal, it only makes sense to feed on the bum to replenish blood spent on blood heal.
caveat: i do the tutorial on autopilot, i no longer read the explanations provided as guides besides what jack tells... i already offended the game designers this way... when you are shot, the game breaks to explain damage. does it address blood heal then? i kinda figured that yes i wanted to use blood heal to reduce my blood pool so i would take out something out of feeding from the homeless... is it made clear???

Ocean House Hotel

it is a very big level, with no chance to feed.
you can do it easily if you already know where to go, and specially where to find loot.
but for someone wanting to thoroughly explore it, specially the way i do it, with a malkavian, using both insight and auspex to increase inspection so i'm sure i miss no loot, it becomes too big.
couldn't you perhaps put in some rats the characters could feed from?
rats would make sense there, abandoned ruins.
and the character wouldn't have to fear getting his blood pool too low through blood loss...
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 6:39 pm

Remember you get blood packs in your haven and can buy them before entering the Ocean House Hotel.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Rats in the ocean house hotel? Not a bad idea...
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 7:58 pm

Yes that would fit. Do you know how they are spawned?

- geek
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:30 am

8 people that is so true and indeed if there is a place to use blood packs it's there

zer0morph and malkav, thank you so much for agreeing!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 3:41 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:

- geek
By mommy and daddy rats. Your parents should have discussed this with you around age 10 or 11 or so.

I've thought there should be rats in the Hollywood cemetery, too.

And speaking of Humanity losses and Masquerade Redemption, it just seems so wrong to steal Hanna's money after she dies. I can't really explain it, but that just seems to be on a different level of cold-heartedness compared to stealing the jewels from apartment 3.

And what about a Masquerade Redemption for sending Milton's Nosferatu photo to Tung (or is there one and I just didn't notice it)?

And what about making the dance floor in the Empire Suites usable (or is it way too difficult to do this given how little benefit it would provide in the game)? A Blood Doll in the Empire Suites lounge would be nice, too.

I'm just spinning things I think would make the game more realistic from an RP perspective. I have no idea how difficult it is to implement such things (aside the obvious difficulty of creating a whole dialogue for a new Blood Doll).
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 4:25 am

Childe of Munster wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

- geek
By mommy and daddy rats. Your parents should have discussed this with you around age 10 or 11 or so.
Well, they did discuss the topic. But only concerning flowers and bees flower and humans of course. So how am I supposed to know it works the same way for rats? Laughing

Quote :
I've thought there should be rats in the Hollywood cemetery, too.
They might be scared by the zombies and only come out in daylight Wink

Quote :
And speaking of Humanity losses and Masquerade Redemption, it just seems so wrong to steal Hanna's money after she dies. I can't really explain it, but that just seems to be on a different level of cold-heartedness compared to stealing the jewels from apartment 3.
Actually, this is a good idea. At least if your humanity still is at about 7+.
On this matter, I remember somone posting a table about humanity levels. Can you please send it again? This time as a new topic into the community news section. Then I can lock it and make it sticky as a reference.

Quote :
And what about a Masquerade Redemption for sending Milton's Nosferatu photo to Tung (or is there one and I just didn't notice it)?
In the vanilla version, the photo is only part of the poster quest. The main purpose of the Tung quest is for Nossies to get their downtown haven sooner. And with Milton dead or sent away, there is no big chance of the photo being published anyway. Plus you get your redemption for dealing with Milton, So I don't think it deserves another one.

Quote :
And what about making the dance floor in the Empire Suites usable (or is it way too difficult to do this given how little benefit it would provide in the game)? A Blood Doll in the Empire Suites lounge would be nice, too.

I'm just spinning things I think would make the game more realistic from an RP perspective. I have no idea how difficult it is to implement such things (aside the obvious difficulty of creating a whole dialogue for a new Blood Doll).
I think, making the Empire hotel dancefloor usable is no big trouble. Never thought about it. Creating a blood doll there is more trouble than it's worth. But perhaps I can send the bar guests more often to the lavatory Wink

- geek
Back to top Go down
Tylgyioke
Fledgling
Fledgling
Tylgyioke

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 4:44 am

When you're using "obfuscate" playing Malkavian, an icon of Nosferatu clan appears above your visibility meter . I think it should be replaced with something else.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 5:58 am

That's because the nossie "symbol" illustrates a mask, which is the basic use of Obfuscate, which is the main (and almost only) discipline of the Nosferatu clan. And that's even if Obfuscate is not a clan-specific discipline.
In VTM, when someone says "Obfuscate", everybody yells out "Nossie !", this is why they chose to use the same symbol Wink It makes players think "hidden" immediatly and it's still a vtm original symbol (to please pen and paper players like myself ^^)
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:45 pm

i'm pretty sure i've seen the "male blood doll" of santa monica hanging out at the EAH bar. and he vanishes from santa monica when downtown becomes available. he could remain our blood doll in the new venue...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 3:30 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I think, making the Empire hotel dancefloor usable is no big trouble. Never thought about it. Creating a blood doll there is more trouble than it's worth. But perhaps I can send the bar guests more often to the lavatory Wink

- geek
It's not so much for more opportunity to feed as it is to make the Empire Suites more interactive and realistic. It's just weird to go into the ballroom or the lounge and see it full of people and not be able to do anything but violate the Masquerade and/or lose Humanity. But, more realism requires more creative effort, sometimes a great deal, sometimes more than it's worth, especially if it's just one person doing the work for free.

Is the "Humanity" sticky topic going to be for general ideas regarding loss and recovery of Humanity?

How about Zombie rats in the cemetery?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 4:00 pm

Munster,
basically you are right about the Empire hotel. But I think most people go there only once to deal with Boris and Jezebel. So any big changes there will probably go unnoticed by them.

There is no model for zombie rats. But perhaps I can place some real ones there, now you told me how they are spawned Wink

As for that table on humanity, I didn't plan it as a "real" topic, but only as some kind of reference.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 4:11 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

There is no model for zombie rats. But perhaps I can place some real ones there, now you told me how they are spawned Wink

- geek
I was joking about the Zombie Rats. Rat Zombies, on the other hand ...

Seriously, you and Zer0Morph and Wesp (and others with their respective mods) have really kicked it up a notch. albino I am really looking forward to trying CE 1.4 and TNF.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 12:34 pm

did i appear to disagree with Munster?

i agree with him in everything, i subscribe to all he says:

i do explore the EAH thoroughly before going all business like and going to Jezebel and Boris, and i do regret that it is not more interactive, namely in the points that he raised: yes the dance stage being useable would be useful, and others.
plus, with bloodloss thoroughly exploring EAH makes me thirsty, and more even if afterwards i have to go on a quest where i will spend bloodpoints in the use of my disciplines, indeed i would appreciate a blood doll.
(who suggested interactive DJs? and the interactive barman at the asylum is a hoot)
basically it is a location that would benefit from being more interactive, and there would always be some who would take the time to notice it.

but i also subscribe to his gratitude for your work, Childe of Malkav, zer0morph.
all that he says on the subject, plus the concern expressed, i subscribe.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:10 pm

Velvet wrote:
did i appear to disagree with Munster?
Hmm, I don't think so. I thought I was agreeing with and reiterating what others (including you) had posted in various places on the forums.

Long live my wish list!
Back to top Go down
Kelben
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:41 pm

I am reading through the whole forum and I would like to raise your attention:
In one topic, there are complaints that blood packs are of no use (personally I used quite a number on the end game with a Toreador to maintain presence all the time facing big crowds of enemies) and are looking at some turn around.
In this topic you want to add rats in the Ocean house where the 3 first blood packs you get could be of some use.

Save your energy, no blood pack fix, no rats addition is maybe the way out of both issues Question
I am not saying no asjustment at all is required... but these rats are really not necessary in the ocean house. Besides it would somehow alter the mood of the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:49 pm

Kelben wrote:
I am not saying no asjustment at all is required... but these rats are really not necessary in the ocean house. Besides it would somehow alter the mood of the whole thing.
Just to address that specific issue, I'm not sure how rats in an abandoned building alter the mood of anything. Singing chipmunks would alter the mood, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:40 am

I think, I do. This house is haunted affraid and completely lifeless now. No rat, no bat, no cat

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 2:36 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I think, I do. This house is haunted affraid and completely lifeless now. No rat, no bat, no cat

- geek
See, now we get back to zombie rats.
Back to top Go down
Kelben
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 2:52 am

Yes, it is haunted so should be rid of any living beings... I would have preferred you actually react on the balance issue than the mood thing Razz
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:09 am

Kelben wrote:
Yes, it is haunted so should be rid of any living beings... I would have preferred you actually react on the balance issue than the mood thing Razz
Just to be clear, I'm not lobbying for rats in the hotel because I think the hotel needs a blood source. It's my opinion that rats in a haunted hotel don't detract from its hauntedness, although certainly from its hotel-ness. If Malkav chooses to add not one single rat to CE, I will still be satisfied and happy with CE 1.4. And beyond!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:52 am

Thanks for your confidence.

But go away with your zombie rats, will you. No blood in them, completely useless Twisted Evil

- geek
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:23 am

indeed i do hope your wishlist gets implemented!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE   Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE Empty

Back to top Go down

Stray thoughts on changes proposed for CE
Page 1 of 1