Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First thoughts on 1.1

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

First thoughts on 1.1 Empty
PostSubject: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 6:50 pm

HOLY COW MANURE this mod you guys have created *#@&$ ROCKS Very Happy For my first run through ( since I don't remember a lot ) I've set my blood counter to 60 ( 15 minutes ), but I'm sure I'll decrease that to 5-8 minutes once I get the feel of the game again. Blood Heal is friggn AWESOME What a Face And I love what you've done to the Disciplines...this is a WHOLE NEW GAME now for the most part.

HUGE MEGA THUMBS UP GUYS, can't wait to see what you might do next and can't wait for the CQM to be integrated bounce
Back to top Go down
$hacaR
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 9:06 pm

nice you like it =) afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/ShacaR/CarpeNoctem
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 10:47 pm

HAHA Max, I'm so happy you approve, it's great hearing feedback from the community!

So far other than the "Enslave" Discipline issue, it's been a really fantastic mod to play. Even though I know whats around EVERY corner I still think it's fun as hell, besides Bloodheal which is freakin fun as hell the Firearms rebalance made using guns viable again.

I hated how a punch did more damage than a bullet, but since it's rebalanced I love my new gun-totin Malkavian w/ Auspex, dude he owns!

I hope we get more posts like the one above! santa
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 11:04 am

I'm sure you'll be able to figure out the Enslave issue guys, you never would have been able accomplish what you've already done otherwise Wink I think the reason that Troika made the guns underpowered was probably 2 fold. One, they didn't want players to stop acting like vampires and just run and gun their way through the game like some glorified FPS role-play game. Secondly, they probably had in their thought process that a supernaturally powerful vampire should be able to inflict more damage than some .38 pistol would Very Happy Obviously, that thought doesn't fly well at all when thinking about any higher powered firearms.

Keep up the great work guys...still think the Toredor chick needs a new model...heck a whole extreme makeover IMO. Both the Mak and Tremere gals look better IMO. Not that it matters I suppose, since I'll play a Male Toredor and probably try a female of the other 2 mentioned. Just my thoughts Very Happy I've never tried the Gangrel, Ventrue, or Brujah clans...think I'll try them all now that I'm back playing with 1.1
Back to top Go down
Celsius
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:54 am

After playing a bit, I'd say that this mod succeeds in enhancing the feeling of being a vampire and raises the challenge. I still need to adjust the timer (I set it to 10 minutes for now), because even though at the beginning you won't need much blood, it'll be harder and harder later on. Need to see how hard it'll get.

What I liked - new Tremere looks. They're just better somehow. And since I'm a huge Motorhead fan, gotta love Jack's new outfit cheers Much slower regeneration and powerful firearms - good. Though it takes only two shots from .38 to kill a human, you still need at least three shots from Ithaca to take out a Sabbat vampire, just how it should be. No more thugh surviving 4-5 shots from a Glock, they ain't 50 Cent after all. Blood heal works as it should.

Of the things I didn't like - the alterations to tutorial dialogue (need polishing) and the new music in Asylum - doesn't quite fit in IMO (reminds me of Matrix too much and these are completly diffrent themes). I changed it to this one if anybody is interested:

http://ravager69.wrzuta.pl/audio/7hP7L7zZ8yl/god_module_-_submission

So far this is a plished and well-thought and executed work. I haven't tried the new disciplines or went far in game, but I don't think I'll be playing without this mod in the future. Looking forward to future releases and to playing it more. Expect more feedback soon.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 3:10 pm

Thanks for your report Celsius,

I agree with the gun statement. As far as more reality is concerned, getting shot twice by a .38 WOULD in fact kill a normal human but it would take quite a few rounds to kill a vampire. When I was a fledgling I went to the beachhouse and had a gang member empty a .38 into my chest, it took me down to about 1/4 health and of course bloodheal patched that up. I felt that was pretty balanced. I drained him, took his .38 and popped 2 in another gang members chest and he did. I was pleased by the balance.

For some reason I can't download that song you wanted me to hear, is their another way I can get it? Who's the artist and song title? If I think it fits I can place the aslyum music.
Back to top Go down
Celsius
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 5:53 pm

It's God Module - Submission. I can't seem to find any website that'd let you listen to it for free. It's not on Last FM, nor Youtube. Besides, this website does not allow you to download songs, just listen to them. Though I assume you did just that, let me say it plainly - open the link and find the play button (if you haven't done so already).

Though I am reluctant to post a direct link to download this song, I am willing to mail it to you. Just PM me your email. I have other propositions if you'll dislike this one.

EDIT nvm I found your email on the website. Sending you the file right now, hope you like it.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 2:14 am

Celsius wrote:
It's God Module - Submission. I can't seem to find any website that'd let you listen to it for free. It's not on Last FM, nor Youtube. Besides, this website does not allow you to download songs, just listen to them. Though I assume you did just that, let me say it plainly - open the link and find the play button (if you haven't done so already).

Though I am reluctant to post a direct link to download this song, I am willing to mail it to you. Just PM me your email. I have other propositions if you'll dislike this one.

EDIT nvm I found your email on the website. Sending you the file right now, hope you like it.

It's a great song and I think it fits the game wonderfully. Actually what I'd like to do is make it the 2nd song you hear in Confession, like how they have 2 different songs in Asp Hole. What would you think about that?
Back to top Go down
Celsius
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 6:50 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
It's a great song and I think it fits the game wonderfully. Actually what I'd like to do is make it the 2nd song you hear in Confession, like how they have 2 different songs in Asp Hole. What would you think about that?

You mean it ain't good enough for a first club song you hear in-game? Aww man, why you gotta shake me down like that?

Say now brother, what about putting Zombie Girl - Creepy Crawler to Asylum? Or any other of her tunes (like Blood, Brains & Rock'n'Roll), since we had a chick singing creepy stuff in there before. Guess it'd fit in nicely.

Here's the link to Zombie Girl's website (temporary): http://www.zombie-girl.com/Main.html

If it ain't working there's always utube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs6E2ig_5QY&feature=related

Is there an option to put multiple songs to Asylum btw?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:36 am

Celsius wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

You mean it ain't good enough for a first club song you hear in-game? Aww man, why you gotta shake me down like that?

Say now brother, what about putting Zombie Girl - Creepy Crawler to Asylum? Or any other of her tunes (like Blood, Brains & Rock'n'Roll), since we had a chick singing creepy stuff in there before. Guess it'd fit in nicely.

Here's the link to Zombie Girl's website (temporary): http://www.zombie-girl.com/Main.html

If it ain't working there's always utube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs6E2ig_5QY&feature=related

Is there an option to put multiple songs to Asylum btw?

I don't mean to shake you down bro, but I do really like the music that as chosen for CE 1.1. Unless I hear something that blows my hair back I won't put it in CE, at least not as the opening song in any club. Though God Module was decent I didn't think it trumped what we already had, but I'm sure I can still find a home for it.

Zombie Girl? I thought you wanted God Module... are you just picking songs you like now?

You know it's easy to change music for Bloodlines. Maybe I should just show you how to do that so you can experiment.
Back to top Go down
Celsius
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
I don't mean to shake you down bro, but I do really like the music that as chosen for CE 1.1. Unless I hear something that blows my hair back I won't put it in CE, at least not as the opening song in any club. Though God Module was decent I didn't think it trumped what we already had, but I'm sure I can still find a home for it.

Zombie Girl? I thought you wanted God Module... are you just picking songs you like now?

You know it's easy to change music for Bloodlines. Maybe I should just show you how to do that so you can experiment.

Yeah I know how to change songs in Bloodlines, I already did it with Asylum. I do not want to alter any other song than the one right there, since everyone and their dog watched the Matrix and I doubt anyone won't tie that track to this particular movie (at least I don't). Thus, we will have two quite diffrent themes in one place -> not a good thing in my opinion.

As for the song selection - I meant that if God Module doesn't cut it in for you, than maybe Zombie Girl will (since it's quite similar to Chiasm, but less annoying). She's got decent stuff and it's all very Bloodlines if you ask me. I'll try to hunt down a song that'd fit in perfectly, but after all, I don't think we need to change music that much in this game. Music is a thing that is extremely tied to one's tastes, so overwriting the old ones without giving people the option to back it up&restore it in case they don't like the new selection is quite risky.

It's nothing very important overall, nor do I despise the songs you choose or anything. I just want to contribute somehow to the project.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 3:40 pm

Celsius wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

Yeah I know how to change songs in Bloodlines, I already did it with Asylum. I do not want to alter any other song than the one right there, since everyone and their dog watched the Matrix and I doubt anyone won't tie that track to this particular movie (at least I don't). Thus, we will have two quite diffrent themes in one place -> not a good thing in my opinion.

As for the song selection - I meant that if God Module doesn't cut it in for you, than maybe Zombie Girl will (since it's quite similar to Chiasm, but less annoying). She's got decent stuff and it's all very Bloodlines if you ask me. I'll try to hunt down a song that'd fit in perfectly, but after all, I don't think we need to change music that much in this game. Music is a thing that is extremely tied to one's tastes, so overwriting the old ones without giving people the option to back it up&restore it in case they don't like the new selection is quite risky.

It's nothing very important overall, nor do I despise the songs you choose or anything. I just want to contribute somehow to the project.

Good response and I hear ya.

I had no idea that song was in the Matrix, I own all 3 Matrix movies and I didn't know the song what so ever, I just thought the song fit really well with the overall Bloodlines theme. Do you thing the actual song doesn't fit or it doesn't fit because it was in the movie Matrix?

I had some Europeans asking me what song I used in the Asylum because they liked it so much so I thought I struck gold on that, but you're not the first to say "Hey, that song was in Matrix so it doesn't fit".

Either way, I'm all for putting one of your ideas into CE 1.2 if thats what you want, but I can't put a song I don't feel is better than what we have in front of another song. What I CAN do is put your song into CE 1.2 in the form of an easter egg. Most people don't expect to hear a 2nd song in the Asylum if they stay long enough, but they would probably hear it when talking to Therese for the first time.

Would that give you what you're looking for?
Back to top Go down
Celsius
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 6:23 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Do you thing the actual song doesn't fit or it doesn't fit because it was in the movie Matrix?

To be honest, I don't really think it fits and by the way reminds me of Matrix. But as I said, it's a matter of taste (since lotsa people like it from what you say). I don't think this topic needs to be debated any longer.

Zer0Morph wrote:
Either way, I'm all for putting one of your ideas into CE 1.2 if thats what you want, but I can't put a song I don't feel is better than what we have in front of another song. What I CAN do is put your song into CE 1.2 in the form of an easter egg. Most people don't expect to hear a 2nd song in the Asylum if they stay long enough, but they would probably hear it when talking to Therese for the first time.

Alright then, I can go for that. I will be trying out diffrent songs either way, so you be ready for new propositions sooner or later Laughing
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 7:07 pm

Celsius wrote:
Alright then, I can go for that. I will be trying out diffrent songs either way, so you be ready for new propositions sooner or later Laughing

Cool, I'll keep my ears open then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
falanthalis
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 1:57 pm

I have to agree that the song in the Asylum doesn't really fit. This is a dark vampire game. I was expecting a more morose goth sound to the Asylum. I would also suggest that it would have to be a female singer. It just seems that Jeanette would have a heavy metal chick band in there.

Other than that, I'm loving the game. The blood timer is ingenious! I walk around with the thought "I need to feed, who will it be". Instead of "I just won't use spells...err...disciplines and I'll maintain the same mana...err...blood pool" Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 4:18 pm

falanthalis wrote:
I have to agree that the song in the Asylum doesn't really fit. This is a dark vampire game. I was expecting a more morose goth sound to the Asylum. I would also suggest that it would have to be a female singer. It just seems that Jeanette would have a heavy metal chick band in there.

Other than that, I'm loving the game. The blood timer is ingenious! I walk around with the thought "I need to feed, who will it be". Instead of "I just won't use spells...err...disciplines and I'll maintain the same mana...err...blood pool" Smile

Maybe Celsius can help us out with that.

I thought the same thing about the blood timer, it's really brought bloodlines in a different direction.
Back to top Go down
Celsius
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 9:07 pm

This is harder than I thought it to be. Anyways, what do you guys think about this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOKUnUOXYig&feature=related

?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:11 pm

Good song man, could you .zip up the .mp3 version and send it to me via email? (fwguy1979@hotmail.com)
Back to top Go down
Celsius
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 4:54 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Good song man, could you .zip up the .mp3 version and send it to me via email? (fwguy1979@hotmail.com)

Not right now, since I have to rip it out of the youtube video etc. but sure, I'll do so as I got a spare minute. Do you plan to use it btw?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 6:17 pm

Celsius wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

Not right now, since I have to rip it out of the youtube video etc. but sure, I'll do so as I got a spare minute. Do you plan to use it btw?

Possibly, I'd like to hear it without all the distractions on the video, apparently they edited it with other horror movies, I want a clean copy of just the song.
Back to top Go down
Celsius
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 7:53 pm

Check your email. Just to clarify - I sent you a diffrent version of this song (though not much diffrent), as it seems the one on youtube is some kind of mix I can't find anywhere. Hope you'll still like it.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 11:12 pm

Celsius wrote:
Check your email. Just to clarify - I sent you a diffrent version of this song (though not much diffrent), as it seems the one on youtube is some kind of mix I can't find anywhere. Hope you'll still like it.

I've listened to it about 3 times and it's a decent song though I will admit I liked the remix on youtube better (minus all the movie sounds). Got anything else of interest?
Back to top Go down
Celsius
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 8:21 pm

Not right now and I'll be gone for the next two days or so. Perhaps I'll think of something during that time.

EDIT I just remembered this song my sister used to listen to, maybe you'll like it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVWikoEF-CY&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First thoughts on 1.1   First thoughts on 1.1 Empty

Back to top Go down

First thoughts on 1.1
Page 1 of 1