Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Santa Monican clinic guard

Go down 
+6
8people
Mr_Flax
Zer0Morph
Claudia
Childe of Malkav
Arabesque370
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Arabesque370
Fledgling
Fledgling

Santa Monican clinic guard Empty
PostSubject: Santa Monican clinic guard   Santa Monican clinic guard EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 1:16 pm

He won't talk to me. I am talking about the guard upstairs. In my last playthrough as a Malkavian using UP 7.0, he would engage dialog with me saying something regarding me not being allowed up there and then I would convince him i'm really just a hamster and he a beaver and that made us animal friends. And he should give me his keys. Or something like that.

Now with my Ventrue using CE 1.3.01 he just shoots me on sight. I was wondering if that is because

a) I am Ventrue (though that would not make much sense)
b) that feature of UP is simply not in CE (why?)
c) there is a bug

Edit: typos
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monican clinic guard   Santa Monican clinic guard EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 5:26 pm

I really don't know what happened there. I'll have tio run some tests. Actually I never had any problems with him not talking to me, no matter which version of the game I played. But that will take some time. I hope I'll be able to tell you something by this time tomorrow. I assume you installed on a fresh copy of bloodlines. And not on something else.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Arabesque370
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Stop the press!   Santa Monican clinic guard EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:52 pm

All is well in haven! I reloaded and the guard talked to me normally. Must have been some strange glitch. Maybe the game though I did some illegal action (like picking a lock, entering a forbidden area). I don't think I did, at least certainly not anywhere the guard could have seen me.

Sorry if you already went through the trouble of testing things. Thanks for the quick response though.

Edit.

Might as well put it here.

I love how Ventrue plays. It's feels so regal and calmly potent, with the combination of Presence and Fortitude making the vampire all but untouchable by humans. In Downtown, a Ventrue can essentially walk in a room full of thugs and a third will cower in fear, a third he can make forget he's there (or soon freeze outright) and the rest he can casually feed on while barely noticing their feable attempts at harming him.

And I do like the Ventrue version of stealth i.e. mind rape anyone that looks like they might see you.

Congrats to the team!
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monican clinic guard   Santa Monican clinic guard EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:15 am

To my knowledge, if he shoots at you it means you did not have the key to get upthere anyway (usually you ask at the reception saying something about stuff for friends or network work).
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monican clinic guard   Santa Monican clinic guard EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 9:15 am

Want to hear a fun fact about Zer0Morph?

I've only beaten the game once, and it was with a Ventrue and a Katana! Smile Ventrue FTW! bounce
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monican clinic guard   Santa Monican clinic guard EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 9:53 am

I prefer Malks, much more fun!

For my last testrun through the Hallowbrook, i used a knife, but no fork. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mr_Flax
Neonate
Neonate
Mr_Flax

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monican clinic guard   Santa Monican clinic guard EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:23 am

I've only beaten the game once too, also with a Ventrue; they were my favourite clan for P&P Vampire.

Actually, I'm just now playing through with my first ever Celerity character (Toreador) and wanted to ask something: are the cool motion blurs and ability to see and dodge bullets something that was in Troika's original game, or are they something you guys added with CE, because I have to say I'm loving it.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monican clinic guard   Santa Monican clinic guard EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:57 am

Was already in the game Wink

I'm surprised by the people playing who've only compelted the game once though, tbh.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Flax
Neonate
Neonate
Mr_Flax

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monican clinic guard   Santa Monican clinic guard EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 8:45 am

I've played through to the final act a fair few times, but two things have stopped me completing it (and other games) more than once:

1. I used to work very long and unusual hours, so gaming time was limited (though that's much better now)

2. I am easily distracted by shiny thi... ooh, look! A Fire Engine! Woo!

... where was I?

Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monican clinic guard   Santa Monican clinic guard EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 9:04 am

LOL
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monican clinic guard   Santa Monican clinic guard EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 9:21 am

Mr_Flax wrote:
2. I am easily distracted by shiny thi... ooh, look! A Fire Engine! Woo!

... where was I?

What's that nice, shiny, yellow thing in the sky? Oooops.... lol!

- geek
Back to top Go down
tarsos11
Fledgling
Fledgling
tarsos11

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monican clinic guard   Santa Monican clinic guard EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:25 pm

i played the game 2 tims both with Brujah.
now i think about it, it's wired because i favor malkavians the most....
will be taken care of shortly....

and all malkavians have ADOS: attention disorder OHHH SHINY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monican clinic guard   Santa Monican clinic guard EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:27 pm

Mr_Flax wrote:
I am easily distracted by shiny thi... ooh, look! A Fire Engine! Woo!

... where was I?

I can see it now. A pack of Malkavians are about to attack, and you pull out your car keys and jingle them, saying, "Look! Shiny!" This distracts them, so that you can get away.

I can't beleve anyone on this forum has only run through the game once. I'm on my fourth run-through since CE 1.4 came out. Whenever a new mod comes out, I have to play my favorite clans again... or in this case of CE 1.4, I finally played two clans I'd never taken all the way through to the end - Nosferatu and Gangrel.

BTW, not impressed with either. By the time I finished the Nossie, I was sick of all the sneaking around (and the bugs). And I never did get the timing down on the Gangrel's stupid 'Whirl and Slash' combat maneuver... especially facing multiple opponents. Good thing Gangrel have Fortitude, because I've never taken so much damage in this game. I also REFUSED to raise Protean to 5, due to the stupid warform; don't care how badass it makes me.

Seriously, I've lost count of how many times I've played VtMB. At least 50, maybe? Favorites are Ventrue, Malkavian, Tremere, Brujah (in that order). Toreador is okay. Looking forward to TFN.

Last edited by PGM1961 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monican clinic guard   Santa Monican clinic guard EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:37 pm

PGM1961 wrote:
I can't beleve anyone on this forum has only run through the game once. I'm on my fourth run-through since CE 1.4 came out.

(Words, words... more words. Geez, this guy talks a lot.)

Seriously, I've lost count of how many times I've played VtMB. At least 50, maybe?

Probably why I know the map so well. I took one look at one of Zer0's screenshots in the Gallery Noir section (the guy selling all of the new research books) and instantly knew the shot was taken in L.A., in the corner of the parking lot behind the Empire Hotel.

Yes, I have no life.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monican clinic guard   Santa Monican clinic guard EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:50 pm

PGM1961 wrote:
PGM1961 wrote:
I can't beleve anyone on this forum has only run through the game once. I'm on my fourth run-through since CE 1.4 came out.

(Words, words... more words. Geez, this guy talks a lot.)

Seriously, I've lost count of how many times I've played VtMB. At least 50, maybe?

Probably why I know the map so well. I took one look at one of Zer0's screenshots in the Gallery Noir section (the guy selling all of the new research books) and instantly knew the shot was taken in L.A., in the corner of the parking lot behind the Empire Hotel.

Yes, I have no life.
Who needs life? No use for it when you are a creature of the night Laughing
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monican clinic guard   Santa Monican clinic guard EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Want to hear a fun fact about Zer0Morph?

I've only beaten the game once, and it was with a Ventrue and a Katana! Smile Ventrue FTW! bounce

Noobcake!

Also, PGM, that's some powerful eye you got there, Man o.o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monican clinic guard   Santa Monican clinic guard Empty

Back to top Go down

Santa Monican clinic guard
Page 1 of 1