Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Player vs. character gender

Go down 
+14
simison
tarsos11
Turtle-in-Turmoil
Childe of Malkav
z.o.o.
Zer0Morph
PGM1961
ArchonJonus
Claudia
ThePhilosopher
Eliza
Feral
Maximus1
Childe of Munster
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Player and character gender in VtMB
I am female and I prefer to play female characters.
Player vs. character gender - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%Player vs. character gender - Page 2 I_vote_lcap
 15% [ 4 ]
I am male and I prefer to play female characters.
Player vs. character gender - Page 2 I_vote_lcap42%Player vs. character gender - Page 2 I_vote_lcap
 42% [ 11 ]
I am female and I prefer to play male characters.
Player vs. character gender - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%Player vs. character gender - Page 2 I_vote_lcap
 4% [ 1 ]
I am male and I prefer to play male characters.
Player vs. character gender - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%Player vs. character gender - Page 2 I_vote_lcap
 38% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

Player vs. character gender - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:10 pm

Ladybutt.

lol!

Not sexist, but so true.
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:07 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
I've spent countless hours trying to figure out how to make the females walk faster. If I ever unravel that mystery, I'll be up for playing a female once again. Until that time, it's straight Testosterone for me!

Did you say Testosteroni? Isn't that a San Francisco treat?

Ha-ha! I slay me.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:12 pm

I think, you're confusing it with Canneloni. That's a kind of italian pasta. Cool

- geek
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:23 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I think, you're confusing it with Canneloni. That's a kind of italian pasta. Cool

- geek

Ha ha ha!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:56 am

Testosteroni.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Turtle-in-Turmoil
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:17 pm

I'm a female and I prefer to play male characters. I'm one of the minority. YAY!

To make things even stranger, I usually play male Malks. ._. Don't ask.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 9:08 am

Welcome to TCI Turtle, I'm sorry to see you're in turmoil though. Hopeully we can cheer you up! What a Face

Childe of Munster wrote:
Testosteroni.

lol!

I ate some of that last night at the gym.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 12:13 pm

Hi Turtle,
then we are opposite sides of the same coin. I'm male, and in bloodlines usually play female Malks. I love that clan, but I really can't stand the looks of the male model, so there is no choice for me Embarassed

- geek
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 12:26 pm

I'm with you Malkav, I'm playing through as a Malk currently and as I was looking at the male Malk model...I just "couldn't". That model is just HORRIBLE, the guy looks like a complete and total loser to me.

Besides...the female Malk model has that whole bouncy thing going for her... Razz
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 12:33 pm

But you don't see that a lot. Unless you turn the camera to 180 degrees, and walk backwards all the time bounce

- geek
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 12:46 pm

True enough Very Happy But the male model is just terrible any way you look at it Very Happy I'm sure my attempt at humor won't offend any of the ladies pirat
Back to top Go down
Turtle-in-Turmoil
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:16 pm

Haha, thanks for the welcome! I'unno, I originally hated the look of male Malks too, but after I saw their armor, they sort of grew on me. If a pimp coat and floppy striped hat don't say "Ohsh-- This guy is crazy!", I don't know what does.

All comes down to a matter of personal preference though. Fem malks are too stripperish to me, which is why I typically avoid playing them. But hey, some alot of people like that stuff. I'm not going to object. Razz
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Yikes, forgot to say welcome in all those posts Turtle...so WELCOME cheers
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:50 pm

Wow, Turtle, so far the one and only. cheers
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 2:01 pm

What's wrong with strippers? *wink Wink
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 4:30 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

- geek

No I think he had it right with Testosteroni. I hear that's definitely an acquired taste in San Francisco. (rim shot) lol!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 5:15 pm

I only drink blood, so I'm no expert on cuisine Twisted Evil

- geek
Back to top Go down
Turtle-in-Turmoil
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 9:55 pm

PGM1961 wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

- geek

No I think he had it right with Testosteroni. I hear that's definitely an acquired taste in San Francisco. (rim shot) lol!
San Francisco? Damn it, now I want some Ricearoni...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:40 am

Turtle-in-Turmoil wrote:
San Francisco? Damn it, now I want some Ricearoni...
On a cable car while driving down Lombard St. (not that you can do both at the same time) to Fisherman's Wharf to catch a boat to Alcatraz to take pictures of the Golden Gate Bridge while sitting under a tree the Presidio.
Back to top Go down
tarsos11
Fledgling
Fledgling
tarsos11

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:16 pm

i'm male playing girl...
no reason exept that with all do respect i don't want to look at a guys behind all game long.

and beside girls do mmm.... jump around every now and then...

don't play on line games don't have the time\energy\money for it.

pens and paper RPG i play male (for the last 16 years or so) and usually the "Green type"
("look a candle in the middle of a dark room with a pentagram around it... lets light the candel!")

hope you won't take me as a sexicst or something but i really can't belive that girls play this game.
(other then goth or emo)

so girls... are you gothic or emo?
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:10 pm

tarsos11 wrote:
so girls... are you gothic or emo?

\m/
Wink

In words: Nope, definitely not. I just like to punch clichees in the face. I'm more the type of a nerdy, grammar-obsessed (roleplaying o,o) bookworm on surface, and I just can't get enough of the 'wtf'-looks when those people who only look at the surface get to know just how incomplete this picture is.
And I do like 'old' games. (Love my GameBoy Color xD) Not only do they run smoothly on my old PC, they're cheaper and often better patched than new ones. Just look at the community for VtMB - Wesp is still working on new patches, and we're already at no. 7...
Back to top Go down
simison
Elder
Elder
simison

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:11 pm

Always male playing male the first time. I always roleplay my first walkthrough, so it's just natural to go with it. After that it's free game, though I usually stick to my gender. The Avatar thing isn't an issue in Bloodlines since I'm usually in 1st-person mode throughout the game.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 6:12 pm

My only problem with playing a male character in any game were gender is part of character creation, is simply that most of the male appearances are never very interesting. Most of them have short hair, if not having very little of it. And its always either short enough so little care is needed for it(not that you'd need to wash it in game), but then you'd never see it hanging over his face during a fight, either - no matter how much he might be sweating.

Not to mention, this:

https://2img.net/h/oi42.tinypic.com/25hilg8.jpg
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:21 pm

Maxus Corvin wrote:
My only problem with playing a male character in any game were gender is part of character creation, is simply that most of the male appearances are never very interesting. Most of them have short hair, if not having very little of it. And its always either short enough so little care is needed for it(not that you'd need to wash it in game), but then you'd never see it hanging over his face during a fight, either - no matter how much he might be sweating.

I've seen videos of clothing and hair tests for the engine they will be using for the WODMMO (and EVE Online). The hair and clothes move very convincingly. I figure if they're going to that much trouble for clothes and hair, we should be able to customize the characters quite a bit. So maybe your character will be able to have long, flowing hair like Fabio, which gets in your eyes just enough to be sexy, but not enough to obscure your vision. Smile
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 8:07 pm

Maxus Corvin wrote:

Not to mention, this:

https://2img.net/h/oi42.tinypic.com/25hilg8.jpg

That's cuz baldies are awesome man. I mean, Kratos and agent 47, you need any more examples? Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player vs. character gender   Player vs. character gender - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Player vs. character gender
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next